Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

+20% on all Holy healing spells.

Holy

* Binding Heal base healing value increased by 20%, from [ 3960 - 5091 ] to [ 4752 - 6110 ]
    * Greater Heal base healing value increased by 20%, from [ 6968 - 8098 ] to [ 8361 - 9717 ]
    * Heal base healing value increased by 20%, from [ 2613 - 3037 ] to [ 3136 - 3644 ]
    * Flash Heal base healing value increased by 20%, from [ 5227 - 6074 ] to [ 6272 - 7289 ]

Not to bad,not bad at all

Seems Blizzard is actually listening to beta priest concerns.

I don't think this has anything to do with blizzard listening. They already said they thought priests weren't using their single target spells enough, presumably because they didn't hit hard enough.

Not that much really, they looked at logs created from raiding Priests, and found that Priests of both speccs werent using their go-to healing spells enough. There was a post about it last week, and its to give us a fully viable utility belt of spells

But yes, its a good change which will give us better throughput and increases the usefulness of talents, such as:
    Train of Thought
    Strength of Soul
    Inner Focus
    Grace
    Empowered Healing
    Surge of Light
    Serendipity
    State of Mind

I do believe were ready to tackle this expansion head on!

Quote Originally Posted by BishopXQ View Post
    Holy

* Binding Heal base healing value increased by 20%, from [ 3960 - 5091 ] to [ 4752 - 6110 ]
    * Greater Heal base healing value increased by 20%, from [ 6968 - 8098 ] to [ 8361 - 9717 ]
    * Heal base healing value increased by 20%, from [ 2613 - 3037 ] to [ 3136 - 3644 ]
    * Flash Heal base healing value increased by 20%, from [ 5227 - 6074 ] to [ 6272 - 7289 ]
    I'd be careful about optimism regarding these numbers. Altering the BASE value gives us a better starting point, however Scaling is still something many priests worry about. An extra 500 HPs added to Heal isn't much to be excited about when your Heal is hitting for 7-9k in your level 85 Cataclysm gear. This change will make us more competitive at low levels when spell power is negligible, but I'd like confirmation that the 20% noticeably affects end-game numbers as well.

They really should adress mana regen though, which is the main imbalance between Holy Priests and all the other healer classes/specs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree my mana regen sucks we are fighting the LK and I have huge mana issues. My toon name is Zift on Uldaman. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Zift

Woo! Looking forward to trying this out.

Quote Originally Posted by lkonig View Post
    I agree my mana regen sucks we are fighting the LK and I have huge mana issues. My toon name is Zift on Uldaman. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Just at a quick glance....you could change your meta to Insightful Earthsiege and change your cloak enchant to Darkglow. Could also get the Purified Lunar Dust to accompany your Sliver; long fights like LK usually favor 2 regen trinkets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm happy to see a change towards the positive. I hope its enough to make us competitive.

A 20% increase to the base value is not a 20% increase to the whole spell, and is more along the lines of a 5-10% increase to the overall heal (I can't recall the actual numbers it was healing for). Keep that in mind.

An increase, yes, but not at the level needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    They really should adress mana regen though, which is the main imbalance between Holy Priests and all the other healer classes/specs.
    Unless something changed, GC said pretty recently that priests were closest to the design target for mana regen, and the other classes would be coming down. I can't say I've noticed whether they carried through on that yet.

I keep seeing this comment, but I can't find recent comments by Blizzard supporting a mana-cost tweak for non-priests... I would have figured if they wanted to adjust mana efficiency that they would have done it already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geryon84 View Post
    I keep seeing this comment, but I can't find recent comments by Blizzard supporting a mana-cost tweak for non-priests... I would have figured if they wanted to adjust mana efficiency that they would have done it already.
    If I'm right, it's not that our regen is too low, it's that the regen of the other healers is too high. Blizzard has said we are the only class (weird Holy and Disc was grouped together, since "recent" numbers showed Disc with nearly double the regen of Holy) with the correct regen at the moment and then later said that Shamans and Priests were the correct classes with output, at the moment.

Though some of this was before the new raid testing.

Deleted
    So we asked for PvP buffs and they give a ~10% increase on 4 spells? Meh.
    Guess why no priest have been played by the devs team in rated BGs tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    If I'm right, it's not that our regen is too low, it's that the regen of the other healers is too high. Blizzard has said we are the only class (weird Holy and Disc was grouped together, since "recent" numbers showed Disc with nearly double the regen of Holy) with the correct regen at the moment and then later said that Shamans and Priests were the correct classes with output, at the moment.

Though some of this was before the new raid testing.
    How many times do I have to read that? Our regen is still far far away from Druid/Paladins. They still have infinite mana, Paladins more then ever since Light of Dawn is free and even if you hit only one person with a stack of HP you heals for more then a Word of Glory with one stack.
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2010-11-17 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Not that much really, they looked at logs created from raiding Priests, and found that Priests of both speccs werent using their go-to healing spells enough. There was a post about it last week, and its to give us a fully viable utility belt of spells
    Because when I am raid healing a 25 man with 6 other healers I am really going to use my 2.5 sec heal...
    Last edited by zito; 2010-11-17 at 08:59 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Because when I am raiding healing a 25 man with 6 other healers I am really going to use my 2.5 sec heal...
    Yes? Blizzard have stated that your supposed to be able to keep up your tank if all healers use their 2.5 low hps heal (Heal, Holy Light)
    And your strongest heal that is avaible to you is Greater Heal, guess what cast time it has, yeah... 2,5 sec...
    (And why not, you can always cancel it if they get topped off...)

They probably want to tweak the mana regen but mana-cost? I would say thats probably unnecessary at this late into the beta, since if theyre not happy with it, a mana-cost change takes way longer to measure than a mana regen tweak
    Like really silly the amount of healing a Holy Paladin can push out for almost no mana in arena, place beacon on partner and get double HP...
    Belligerentz has posted some 2v2 from beta and after 9 minutes of no drinking pauses, he finally reaches low mana...
    And here it is, and its really silly compared to Priests regen as usual...
    Last edited by Ansa; 2010-11-17 at 09:18 PM. Reason: GH

The buff to heal is a step in the right direction as it's something trying to be heavily implemented over flash in many cases and renders practically zero overhealing. With the current need to conserve mana..flash has become terribly hard to consistently use but the cast time on Heal and it's weak output is making it fairly unattractive on fights like H Chogall and H Halfus for tank damage. Greater is a toss up and binding is clearly situation specific.

nice buffs, but tbh penance needed buff to. rly sad that it didnt get any buffs

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Because when I am raid healing a 25 man with 6 other healers I am really going to use my 2.5 sec heal...
    Since the pace of healing is supposedly reduced by A LOT in Cataclysm (meaning it's like it was in TBC) a 2.5sec heal won't seem "too long" any more.
    I can't help thinking that healing in WotLK was an abomination. I always loved the tactical nature of healing and having to constantly make decisions. As for button-smashing, haste-stacking and "maximising HPS"... not so much. Cataclysm can't come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Since the pace of healing is supposedly reduced by A LOT in Cataclysm (meaning it's like it was in TBC) a 2.5sec heal won't seem "too long" any more.
    I can't help thinking that healing in WotLK was an abomination. I always loved the tactical nature of healing and having to constantly make decisions. As for button-smashing, haste-stacking and "maximising HPS"... not so much. Cataclysm can't come soon enough.
    It really is awesome. <3
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

ITT: They're trying, but try harder! We got buffs, but, we want more!