Poll: Who is the best healer

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Priest ofc

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    That's... That's not how it works.
    This comment made me giggle to myself.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Priests do seem to be the most dedicated to healing lore-wise. The other healer types have a focus other than do-gooding (elements for shaman, combat for paladins, balance of nature for druids), but with the ability to heal if needed. Fortunately, though, Blizzard has gradually learned that lore does not make for the best gameplay balance.

Shaman, because Shamanic healing doesn't hurt Undead!

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be Priest

Druids and Shamans are more like Nature Guards and Paladins are Holy Knights

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladins use the light more to fight thenn to heal lorewise while priests focus on the healing side

Druids ask nature to heal wounds but how do they precisely do it? whenn malfurion heald that dragon ( forgot name ) the nature died so i would believe its more transfusing healt witch means in places without nature like icecrown citadel they would be useless while in a forest they be very strong.

Shamans ask the elements to heal which has amazing power whenn they answer themm a shaman with a deep conection with the elements would have imense power but cant call upon it as simpel as say a priest.

Overal i believe priests have the best acces to there source of power which makes themm the most suited for healing ppl
    This is all from my own perspection ofc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    In lore only forsaken are shadow priests aint they? thats why in vanilla they had devouring plague as there priest racial?
    the different racials was actually still up during a lot of tbc aswell, and yes, in lore only forsaken are spriests

Quote Originally Posted by Visen View Post
    Priests, I would imagine. They are dedicated healers lorewise whereas the others can, but it's not their only focus.
    yea also priests are the only class with TWO, count them TWO!!!! healing specs.
    IMO shadow priests are jsut twisted fallen faithless fathers who have lost their beliefs.

But for the sake of a good game, all healers should be equal or whats the point of having the other three? healers would all just roll priests.

druids w/ hots make sense, druids lore-wise seem to heal things slowly. Pallys lore-wise are basically priests in plate. and idk about shamans i guess they infuse you with the restorative powers of the elements.
    Maybe shammy heals should be less powerful but give you small temp buffs upon landing that coincide with the elements, besides of course earthliving weapon.

just a thought. maybe not really....

Deleted
    Priests. Druid would come second, but they heal by drawing off the life force of the land around them - in WotA, Malfurian heals Korialstrasz from Death's door, but in a large radius around him all life simply died, because he had drawn so much life force from them that they could no longer sustain themselves - meaning that through healing, they can accidently in turn cause death. Priests draw upon the Holy Light, which requires no such sacrifice to be channelled. Paladins can do this also, but lore-wise are less well-trained in healing with the Light, and more trained in using it during combat, than priests.

TL;DR: Priests are the best healers lore-wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priests since they are your classic healer.

easy. priests. hell, priests were the original healing class back in Warcraft (before it became world of warcraft)

Deleted
    Best healer should be druid.

Malfurion solo healed Krasus(Korialstrasz) in dragonform. and he has 12 million hp in human form, and he dids so without some pancy stacks!

Quote Originally Posted by Neoshadow View Post
    Priests. Druid would come second, but they heal by drawing off the life force of the land around them - in WotA, Malfurian heals Korialstrasz from Death's door, but in a large radius around him all life simply died, because he had drawn so much life force from them that they could no longer sustain themselves - meaning that through healing, they can accidently in turn cause death. Priests draw upon the Holy Light, which requires no such sacrifice to be channelled. Paladins can do this also, but lore-wise are less well-trained in healing with the Light, and more trained in using it during combat, than priests.

TL;DR: Priests are the best healers lore-wise.
    Exactly this. You sir, win the thread. /grats

I would be inclined to think paladin. Since it seems that the more faith you have, the more power you have. The principle seems to apply to priests as well, but Tirion's Deus Ex Machina during the Lich King fight makes me favor the guys in plate.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Deleted
    And Alexstrasza gets 10x her hp when changing so roughly 120 million hp solo. And this was PRE-Vanilla lol! know your lore peeps!

warlock!
    nah either shamna or druid priests and paladins hurts some
    Last edited by Eskinor Is Here; 2010-11-17 at 09:53 PM.
    No. No no no no nononnonon

Lore wise priest are like ok healers, more like medics. Paladins don't even heal, that just take less damage and cleanse evil. Shaman are more like a support caster and Druids are practitioners of life essence. So you decide.

However if we take the Priestesses of Elune into account, I'd say them...

lol honestly healing is more of a game mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    I wonder if people didn't put Paladins because secretly everyone wants Paladins to be Blue Rage Warriors?
    Or maybe its because lorewise you don't hear about many Paladin Healers? They tend to be leaders and fighters

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    I would be inclined to think paladin. Since it seems that the more faith you have, the more power you have. The principle seems to apply to priests as well, but Tirion's Deus Ex Machina during the Lich King fight makes me favor the guys in plate.
    Oh hai again! Welcome back! Again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Udze View Post
    And Alexstrasza gets 10x her hp when changing so roughly 120 million hp solo. And this was PRE-Vanilla lol! know your lore peeps!
    Exactly.
    I don't know how people can argue against her, she is the Aspect of life. She can do whatever healing she wants to anything. After her comes Freya, and the entire Red Dragonflight, before any of the mortal classes.