Poll: Who is the best healer

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Priests imo. Paladins strike me more as "holy warriors" than healers, druids are so versatile in-game that its difficult to tell their 'true purpose,' though they are certainly healers, shaman commune with the elements, but none of the four Fire, Earth, Wind and Water are really directly related to healing *So much as the light, anyway. This leaves Priests are true believers of the light. holiness, healing in general, etc. And lolshadowspec.

Well, I think so anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore wise, most paladins seem to be retribution, maybe protection for some. A lot of the shamans seem to be either elemental or enhancement.
    Not sure about druids, but based on Malfurion's new model, I'd say he is Balance.

Lore wise, most priests seem to be either human or draenei, and I don't think they have many shadow priests in lore. If you look for healers in lore, they are probably priests.

Quote Originally Posted by kampfer View Post
    Lore wise priest are like ok healers, more like medics. Paladins don't even heal, that just take less damage and cleanse evil. Shaman are more like a support caster and Druids are practitioners of life essence. So you decide.

However if we take the Priestesses of Elune into account, I'd say them...

lol honestly healing is more of a game mechanic.
    Paladins heal lorewise...

Deleted

smth

lorewise the best healer would be aegwynn the former guardian of tirisfal before she gave her powers to her son medivh

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Priests healing is common and weak, in lore priests are 'weaker' paladins, they feel like less devouted paladins.
    Priest healing is common and weak?? Where exactly are you getting this bit of lore from. Also, NOTHING in ANY of the Warcraft lore (be it WC1, 2, 3 or WoW) suggests Priests are 'weaker' paladins.

I think you're making that up.

From the original WoW manual:

"Whilst the shaman, druid and paladin can also heal, none of them can heal as well as the priest"
    "most potent healing spells"

It has been clear from the start that lorewise, Priests were the best overall healers.

Even now in-game, Priests are without doubt the most versatile healers and have been since the start of WoW. Even back when Discipline sucked for PvE and pretty much all PvE Healing priests were Holy, they were STILL the most versatile even with one useful healing spec rather than the two they have now.

The lore has always suggested priests are the most potent healers. Druids, Shamans and Pallies all have their individual healing strengths, but priests are the complete package.

There is no way to quantify a lore character's healing ability.

IMO, the impression that I get from the lore is that they are equal, just different.

Alexstrasza owns them all, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest simply 99% of the time priests are healers in lore UNLESS they are shadow which doesn't occur that often imo.

Also, based on in-game experience it's the only class that has two trees dedicated to healing. Same goes for other games, priests are always the healers. I've yet to see a game (like wow) with healers but no priest in one way or another.

lore wise

Priest and Druids would both be best healers. this why in Vanilla they both were the primary healer.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Kharigos View Post
    I'd say Priest(esse)s of the Moon.
    Priestess of the Moon was a class in Warcraft 3.. no healing abilities at all... more or less a cross between a hunter and a balance druid

By the Light, vote for priests/paladins!

Quote Originally Posted by sixkills View Post
    I was just wondering who should potentially be the best healer according to lore, what's your thoughts ?
    as i stated before people. the op doesn't mention who the "target' of the healing is.
    It's not stated that its bodily healing. as such the whole thread is useless.
    Healing the body, healing the mind, healing the spirits, healing the world itself there's different kinds of healing and all those classes exell at one of them.

logic and perception. it helps.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lorewise, no class exists first and foremost for healing.

Lorewise, a priest is a spiritual leader. He is there to perform the rites to his gods or the Light, speak in their behalf. It is also a teacher and a lorekeeper. These roles vary greatly depending of the culture and the god(s) worshipped. The Priestesses of the Moon are also warriors and generals. The priests of the Light are mostly teachers and lore keepers.

Lorewise, a shaman is also a spiritual leader. He is there to commune with the elemental spirits, act as a far seer and to teach.

Lorewise, a druid is a guardian of nature. His role is to commune with nature and keep its balance. Druids are also some kind of scientists of nature.

Lorewise, a paladin is a holy warrior. He is there to serve and defend the weak, to smite evil. They are the knights in shining armour.

They all have healing powers/knowledge, but they could all live there lives without even having to heal a bleeding nose... So I would say each of them can have great healers. As others said, healing is just a game mechanic. Why not ask then what is the best tanking class lorewise? If it was real, do you really expect the Lich King to remain glued to a single opponent for a whole fight?

Deleted
    I might be wrong, but according to lore, wouldn't the best healer be a titan? like Eonar... according to wowwiki, she's a druid, so i'll go with that!