Poll: Your thoughts on this idea

Warrior and DK CC

So with Cata coming out soon and CC supposedly being such a big deal I noticed that DKs and warriors are the only real DPS classes without CC

Druids - Hibernate and to a lesser cycloe
    hunters - trap and wyvern sting
    mage - sheep
    paladin - repentance
    priest - MC and psychic scream
    Rogue - sap blind and gouge
    Shaman - hex and bind element
    Warlock - fear and banish

So my idea for letting warrior and DK have a form of CC is to make a minor glyph for both of them that reduces the cooldown on Intimidating shout/Hungering Cold to 30 seconds each, make the effect last for a min but not usable on players so its not OP in PvP. Heres what I mean

Glyph of the Cowardly - Reduces the cooldown on Intimidating Shout by 1.5 min and causes it to make one target cower in place for up to one minute, however Intimidating Shout can no longer affect players.

Glyph of Ice - reduces the cooldown on Hungering Cold by 30 seconds and causes it to affect one target for up to one minute, however Hungering Cold can no longer affect players.

Deleted
    Think this is an awesome idea.

Was talking about this earlier with a few people, we tend to play a lot together and the group would consist of a holy paladin, a prot paladin, an ele shaman and a shadow priest... Would seem were in for a bumpy ride while gearing up in 5 mans.

Total lack of CC for certain class specs could be really sucky but you seem to have found a winning formulae here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Norway, way way way way way way way way north.
    I dont like the idea of having to spec frost for CC tho
    Death Knight Main
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Protqt View Post
    I click
    I keyboard turn
    I never go LoS

Oh, did I forget to say that I got glad as LSD?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I do agree they both need a CC of some sort. I mean Prot warriors have quite a few stuns/interrupts/spell reflects, but definitely no CC. I don't play a DK so I can't say much about them. I do like this idea, making the fear something you can target towards one enemy, which could work fearing them into a fetal position would be pretty interesting to see. Not to mention it's a glyph, and with the new glyph system it would be easy to switch in and out of that glyph.

Being a tank with no CC is one thing but going DPS and having nothing to bring to the party other than DPS kinda make you feel left out. Like when I tried to DPS HMGT back in the day on my shaman and we didn't have Hex yet so we couldn't go unless we where a healer...
    Last edited by Xuany; 2010-11-17 at 11:37 PM.

Well, i just got my own idea for a DK CC glyph

Glyph of Iceprison (or something cool)

When you cast Chains of Ice on a target allready effected by Chains of Ice, you create a Prison of Ice that freezes the target to the ground, last 30 secs. If the target afflicted by Prison of Ice takes any form of damage the Prison will break. Damage done by Frost Fever does not break Prison of Ice.

Or something like that

15+ Year Old Account
    While I agree that warriors and DKs could really, really need a PVE CC (and DKs for PVP too but I'm probably biased there) your suggestion wouldn't work for DKs because unholy ones would still be left without a CC.

Anyway if Dks should ever get a CC it should be nothing less than what saurfang does in icecrown citadel (singletarget obviously). We even have a skill called strangulate already.

Death Grip! Force Grip! Huh!
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good fix to a problem and since it doesnt affect players i cant see a reason why this would affect pvp.

very good suggestion

I suppose that I could not argue against it if it has no effect on pvp. Though dps warriors seemed to get by just fine back in BC and Vanilla. Rogues as well, back when sap was worse than it is now.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Klokie View Post
    Well, i just got my own idea for a DK CC glyph

Glyph of Iceprison (or something cool)

When you cast Chains of Ice on a target allready effected by Chains of Ice, you create a Prison of Ice that freezes the target to the ground, last 30 secs. If the target afflicted by Prison of Ice takes any form of damage the Prison will break. Damage done by Frost Fever does not break Prison of Ice.

Or something like that

now something like this would work but like the other won't work on other players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    I suppose that I could not argue against it if it has no effect on pvp. Though dps warriors seemed to get by just fine back in BC and Vanilla. Rogues as well, back when sap was worse than it is now.
    Somone never did Pre-Nerf Heroic Blood Furance.
    360 cleaves that 1shoted any non-tank.

I was happy to be a healer.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b`` View Post
    Somone never did Pre-Nerf Heroic Blood Furance.
    360 cleaves that 1shoted any non-tank.

I was happy to be a healer.
    Ahh the good times of 360 cleaves love them on my rogue :þ

My assumption would be that since they are both plate classes and will have way more hp than all the other classes, they can prob stand to OT some trash eventually.

If you're not in the tanking mood as a melee dps character, consider the following:

Warriors: bleed, bash, stun, interrupt, slash, pierce, shout, rage, hack, crush, hinder, slow, demoralize, fear, oppress...
    Death Knights: poison, death, decay, disease, stun, bleed, freeze, slow, leech, strike, siphon, brittle bones, crush...

I conclude that if a warrior was to CC something, it would either do it with a complete-body encompassing stun (arms) or fear (fury).
    I conclude that if a death knight was to CC something, it would either do it with a freeze (frost) or disease (unholy)

Dread [Warrior Level 81] (alternate name could be Panic or Incite Panic)
    30 Rage Melee Range
    Instant 45 sec cooldown
    Requires Melee Weapon
    An attack that instantly stuns the target for up to 1 minute. Any damage caused will revive the target. Only 1 target may be subject to your dread at a time.

Stupefy [Death Knight Level 81] (alternate name could be Hesitate)
    30 Runic Power Melee Range
    Instant 45 sec cooldown
    An attack that instantly immobilizes the target, freezing it in place for up to 1 minute. Any damage caused will revive the target. Only 1 target may be subject to your stupefy at a time.

Dread represents a kind of intense and panicky uneasiness during battle that can stop even the mightiest of opponents in their tracks if they are doubtful or uncertain about a particular foe or combatant.

Stupefy is an epiphany, self-realization and overwhelming suddenness and concern about your life and presence in combat at that particular moment; it's a just discovered reason to reconsider your current endeavor and causes you to hesitate before entering combat.
    An enhancement shaman is a fierce opponent, a primeval force of nature. He will assail you with the elements. His blades are like unto a fiery whirlwind. You will be electrocuted and burned. As he begets his lust for blood and summons two guardian spirits whose claws and fangs will gnash and tear your limbs from your body, your spirit will rise aloft from your unrecognizable remains, he will pause for a moment and pay his respects to your spirit by threateningly locking eyes with your soul.

Warriors have the worst CC in the game. Intimidating Shout.
    What does it do? it scares the mobs into running....into other mobs....which will wipe the group.

at least DKs have Chains of Ice and Hungering cold. CoI doesn't stop mobs, but it slows them down. And Hungering Cold freezes them in place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused.

Chains of Ice, and Hungering Cold. Two crowd control methods, ontop of your pull, and the slowing effect you can add to frost damage as dk. Their cc is in a much better spot than paladin or warrior.