Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dungeon Tool Finder Needs...

... to impose DPS minimum requirements for DPS slots. (Say.. 1.8k+ for heroics).

I along with potentially many others no longer tank randoms because of...

-DPS who queue, then afk the first half of the dungeon until the kick timer allows them to be kicked.
    -DPS who pull 800dps, then blame the fact that they just hit level 80 and queued for Heroic HoF.
    -People who double queue their healer+dps and then put their dps char on autofollow.

Just saying.. there needs to be some way to allow booting someone from a random dungeon, because as it is right now it's basically russian roulette and it's getting harder and harder to tell between the trolls/griefers and genuinely new players who need help.

Does it really matter? It's not like they're difficult at all anymore. I always do at LEAST 40% of the damage on my NEWLY dinged 80 hunter with greens. We don't have any problem despite the other 2 dps pulling 500 dps. (not bragging, just proving a point - it doesn't matter what others do)

Instead of looking at it like you're helping someone who doesn't deserve the help, start looking at it like you're helping yourself (or else you wouldn't be there) and ignore everybody else.

And besides, the 5k dps you can pull as a tank is enough to clear the place, and you can probably heal through the damage yourself depending what class you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    Just saying.. there needs to be some way to allow booting someone from a random dungeon
    Bad troll is bad. There is already a kick system in place. Having full control of booting would be easily abused by people such as yourself who would kick a bad dps who actually dinged that same day, and those who are trying out a new spec and still getting the hang of the new rotation.

The other option is to always make some friends and group up in randoms together so you know what you are getting into. If you pug an instance you can't expect perfect performance from everyone.

While we're dreaming...people should have to score >100 on an IQ test to make an account.

Also, how would the game measure your DPS output consistently?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

There are alot of problems with the dungeon finder, but all in all it isn't a horrible system. If there was an easier way to boot people it would prly be abused... i've been kicked before for saying "brb 30 sec bathroom"... that's rediculous.
    but yea, ppl who bring two toons only to have one of them sit there, dps who are afk, and tanks who aren't in tank gear are annoying, and even though in today's heroic they do not present a dire threat, in Cat that kind of stuff is really gonna cause a problem.

HOW TO FIX::: JOIN A GUILD

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    Bad troll is bad. There is already a kick system in place. Having full control of booting would be easily abused by people such as yourself who would kick a bad dps who actually dinged that same day, and those who are trying out a new spec and still getting the hang of the new rotation.

The other option is to always make some friends and group up in randoms together so you know what you are getting into. If you pug an instance you can't expect perfect performance from everyone.
    In the current state of the game.. you have to TRY pretty damn hard to pull less than 1k dps as a level 80.

Brb, trolling random dungeon groups because it's the popular thing to do.

Have fun. Most people couldn't care less. If there's a single person in the group who knows what they're doing, it doesn't matter how bad the rest are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik View Post
    Have fun. Most people couldn't care less. If there's a single person in the group who knows what they're doing, it doesn't matter how bad the rest are.
    I care because the underlying point of the OP is that the dungeon finder tool has further exasperated the issue of the WoW community as a whole being a fairly private MMO (stick to your guilds/friends) to the point where there are more "trolls" than regular players in view of the general public.

Meh. I completely disagree. I just finished leveling two characters from 1-80, and then into full purples exclusively through the dungeon finder. It's very rare that I come across someone putting in so little effort that I would consider them "trolling" the system.

The people who pull 500 dps are generally in bad gear, and that's completely excusable to me. The few people who stand at the entrance are forgotten once we kill the first mob.

As I said before, I'm in the instance to enhance MY character. I couldn't care less what everybody else is doing as long as I get my experience/points.

IMO I believe the LFD tool should reward Tanks more than they currently do.

maybe free armor fix, better tanking gear, HP boost potions and enchants. things like that.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon Tool Finder? Surely you mean Dungeon Finder tool... Then again. I do seem to find a lot of tools in my dungeon runs.

Tanks already are rewarded. It's infinitely faster to gear up and level up as a tank in LFD than it is as anything else.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stannislaus View Post
    While we're dreaming...people should have to score >100 on an IQ test to make an account.

Also, how would the game measure your DPS output consistently?
    120 to be sure

anyway i only play DPS classes so i don't see any problem (i just do enough DPS for all) in LFD, but retardness doesn't count while queueing for LFD so we'll always see tards in HCs, just prey they're are 1 or 2 of the dps and not the tank/healer

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing the LFD tool needs is a report AFK function similar to BGs, inactive for too long and autokicked.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post

maybe free armor fix, better tanking gear, HP boost potions and enchants. things like that.

I can't wait for the replies to this one. Good work to you sir.

OT: If you don't like what you get in the dungeon finder, get ignoremore and slowly but surely weed out the people you don't think are worthy of your almighty awesomness. That's what us cool people are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post

they already have it. it's kinda called instaqueue
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

I am somewhat sympathetic to your situation, however I do not agree there should be any requirements what-so-ever. Basically you would be punishing the majority, for the actions of a few ... or dumbing things down to the lowest common denominator. Keep it as it is, there is word that the upcoming expansion will have harder dungeons anyway, and hopefully higher gear requirements to get into said dungeons.

As to why people afk their DPS, or auto follow their healer as in the example you gave: they simply aren't required. Suuuuure if you want to rocket through the dungeon in the shortest possible time they should be there, but in terms of actually getting through the dungeon you dont need DPS ... AT ALL. My wife and I were bored one evening (I know, hard to understand with all the "new and exciting" content we have had over the last 12 months) so we decided to 2-man some heroics, my feral tank and her holy pally. We started in Halls of Stone, then followed it with Halls of Lightning, then went to Utgarde Keep and Pinnacle, yes it was slow, but we managed all 4 of them without any issues at all.

WotLK heroic Dungeons: DPS optional

One last thing from me here. You have to realize that we're at the absolute end of an expansion. These heroics were made for people in 186 gear, and tanks with 22k hp. Thinking you need an entire group of fully focused players is ludicrous........unless you're tanking in greens and everybody else is on par gear-wise with you.

I got booted from one dungeon run one time since LFD came out. The shaman said, "GO GO GO GO" as soon as we zoned in. I told him, "I'll go as soon as you calm down." I didn't curse at him and I didn't say anything else. He called me an ***hole and then I got vote kicked. Of course, I was the tank so I figure they probably either dropped group after that or waited 5-10 minutes for another tank to show up. But honestly, telling someone to calm down when they are obviously hopped up cocaine or Jolt cola doesn't seem like a vote-kick worthy insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    -People who double queue their healer+dps and then put their dps char on autofollow.
    lmao, that's just.... srsly worse than anything I've seen in lfd