Active Subscription required to download Cataclysm?

I just updated my Frozen account to Cataclysm. The 3 step process says I must log-in to begin the download for the Cataclysm data, but since I don't have an active Subscription, all I'm getting when I try to log in is a "You have used up all your pre-paid time on this account." message.

I have already have all the basic patches for Wrath of the Lich King. Anyone know if you need to log in or do I already have the game and everything will be activated on the 7th?

I believe you only need to open the game. Close it, and I think the launcher will initialize.

No, you do not need an active account to download cataclysm.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Kharigos View Post
    I believe you only need to open the game. Close it, and I think the launcher will initialize.
    Hmm.. I let the Cataclysm launcher download all of 4.03, but starting the game does not activate the Blizzard downloader at all.

I just launched the game and it isn't working. I don't know. I really hate to activate my account so early just to download Cata.

EDIT: To reply to the post above. How do I download it then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Krekko; 2010-11-18 at 03:58 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Thanks. That worked. The launcher is downloading 3.9GB of data which I assume to be the rest of the Cataclysm data. That's considerably more than the 700MB of data the website says, but I care not so long as I have the files set aside. Thanks for the link.

Google didn't prove fruitful, or perhaps I didn't use the right search terms to find it.

This info should be sticked.

This is why I come here for all my WoW related info. The community is really good about this stuff.
    Last edited by Miles Tails Prower; 2010-11-17 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you will need a active account to play Catacylsm .. the farest you will get is the log-in screen without a Subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I bought the cata digital upgrade too but never noticed if I actually downloaded the cataclysm data... so I went to this link but the changes were already made to CT instead of LK does that mean I already downloaded the data.. if yes how can I check if I really did download the cata data

Click on the Cinematic Button at the log-in screen. If it shows the option to play the Cataclysm movie, you have Cataclysm data downloaded. (even though clicking on it gives you a message saying that you can't watch this movie yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    Click on the Cinematic Button at the log-in screen. If it shows the option to play the Cataclysm movie, you have Cataclysm data downloaded. (even though clicking on it gives you a message saying that you can't watch this movie yet.)
    I didn't know that, cool

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Exhaust View Post
    you will need a active account to play Catacylsm .. the farest you will get is the log-in screen without a Subscription
    Yeah, I know. It's just a waste of money to subscribe to the game now with the expansion so close. Especially since I plan on starting over as a Worgen and have no desire to play my other characters anymore (Even though my DK has over 100 mounts, the Violet Proto-Drake, Over 100 Pets, Motorcycle, Traveler's Tundra Mammoth, and almost every General achievement in the game.. And about 8k in gold that I haven't spent on anything, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    Still see that button on a client tagged as "LK" - though I did preload as "CT" earlier, so it might just register the files being there, instead of checking the stored account type of the client.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Still see that button on a client tagged as "LK" - though I did preload as "CT" earlier, so it might just register the files being there, instead of checking the stored account type of the client.
    That's because you pre-loaded as Cataclysm that you're seeing that button. When I logged in before pre-loading, that button wasn't there.

Not to be nitpicky, but could be a 4.0.3 change as well :P