Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Let's hope to god that is a placeholder! First of all the aura that pulses out of the character is all wrong...wth...orange?? + The actual "animation" just doesn't look "boiling" enough for me... Looks more like "Blood Explosion" or something :S

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    Now let's hope you guys also get a varation of Hadouken and Shoryouken so i can roll a DK and call him RYUXXKEN
    1) Roll male troll death knight
    2) Use deathcoil
    3) ???
    4) Get green Hadoken/Kamehame-ha animation
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

The current BB is loud and looks like a nuke is going off which I dont mind at all, the next proposed one looks good too, kind of like a ground radius blast effect.

Seeing the video, I think the blood effect is great, so I'm pretty fine with it as it is. I get why they didn't use purple or black (because raids often have black or dark floors), so they wanted a color that was going to stand out against dark environments.

Still wish they had used a bright red effect though.

I hope this is just a placeholder. I've heard reports that our blood boil can block targeting requests server side via the animation. Maybe this is a temporary placeholder while they fix that.

I like my giant red explosion of death.

I think just changing the primary waves color to something more death knight-y would be best.

The current (live) animation is cool, but it gets annoying when I'm trying to hold aoe aggro with it and spam it a bit. And like others have said, it doesn't really look like it's boiling the targets' blood, like the old one did.

Give it black waves and it'll be great, imo. If it's a little difficult to see on raid floors, that's okay, you can still see it elsewhere to get used to the range and then just watch for blood exploding out of mobs in the raids.

Red would look too much like warrior shouts, and purple might not be bad but I think black would look better.

The first one was perfect. who did they have to change it...

yeah blizz just give soul harvest the exact same spell animation as evocation, but ofc blood boil needs a new animation...

Quote Originally Posted by Sny View Post
    Fire can be green and violet in real life too, most fire is just red because oxygen is the most common thing around. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colored_fire
    The flames are not coloured by the presence or absence of oxigene, rather by the metal ions present in the mixture. Like copper makes a fire green, or lithium makes it an interesting purplish-red...

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    The first one was perfect. who did they have to change it...

yeah blizz just give soul harvest the exact same spell animation as evocation, but ofc blood boil needs a new animation...
    Don't worry, soul harvest will get a new animation soon enough. I expect an awesome animation, like shadowmourne's for it...

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aldurok View Post
    I think just changing the primary waves color to something more death knight-y would be best.

The current (live) animation is cool, but it gets annoying when I'm trying to hold aoe aggro with it and spam it a bit. And like others have said, it doesn't really look like it's boiling the targets' blood, like the old one did.

Give it black waves and it'll be great, imo. If it's a little difficult to see on raid floors, that's okay, you can still see it elsewhere to get used to the range and then just watch for blood exploding out of mobs in the raids.

Red would look too much like warrior shouts, and purple might not be bad but I think black would look better.
    I think they were shooting for something disease-y colour, which is brown in wow...

I absolutely hated the first BloodBoil, barely had any effect. The new one is amazing albeit obnoxious. I finally get a new comp so I can appreciate the epicness of the new BB, and they go and change it again.... /fml

Apparently I am the only one who doesn't care

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Sounds like most of you Death Knights just wanted something that could lag out enemies. The first blood boil was effective, did not drain FPS, was EASILY distinguishable if you had sounds on by it's quick & short sound. Second one was basically the DK Smoke Bomb. No targeting within it's reaches. Well, Smoke Bomb coupled with FPS loss. This one bugs me because it's bright and on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by mava View Post
    Sounds like most of you Death Knights just wanted something that could lag out enemies. The first blood boil was effective, did not drain FPS, was EASILY distinguishable if you had sounds on by it's quick & short sound. Second one was basically the DK Smoke Bomb. No targeting within it's reaches. Well, Smoke Bomb coupled with FPS loss. This one bugs me because it's bright and on the ground.
    Yeah, that's exactly what we wanted, to be able to lag out our enemies that are playing WoW on their graphing calculators.

I think this animation is great. It's on the ground, but you can easily identify what targets got hit with it. The 2nd animation was just too much.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Looks horrible. SO both the animation for this and Earthquake ofr shamans are horrible now

I dunno, I think the current blood boil animation only adds to the egotistical spirit of our hero class!

Whats that? Even your computer and retinas are victims to the DK QQ!

10+ Year Old Account
    That has to be a placeholder. It looks just terrible. I'm sure Blizzard doesn't really want that.

80 Death Knight 80 Rogue 80 Paladin 80 Warrior