10+ Year Old Account

Aquatic Form/Seahorse Mount

I would love Aquatic Form speed to scale to the Seahorse mount speed.
    I'm terribly excited for Vash'jr - but I'll be a bit sad that I'll have to ride a mount instead of using one of my forms.
    Up until now, Druids have had Aquatic Form for no real reason, other than a quicker escape from Stormwind canals, or easier underwater quests, but it has no real...use. Not a big one, anyway. (You can argue with me there, my memory fails me, but that's all I remember using it for.)

Wouldn't it be lovely to have Aquatic Form scale to the Seahorse mount's speed - even if it WAS just in Vash'jr?
    I kind of like the idea of being able to swim around as a seal, without any major speed loss.
    (Also, I understand that Druids, if using the glyph for Aquatic Form, can go 100% speed in Vash'jr, without the need of Sea Legs, which only grants 60% speed. This is useful, yeah, but you'd hardly want to get a seahorse, go super fast, decide Aquatic Form is cooler, and end up losing a large amount of speed.)

Sorry if this has been mentioned before - and I'd love to hear your suggestions/comments.
    It mainly applies to druids, but surely now, we can put Aquatic Form to some good, proper use?
    The only times I ever use it now are if I fall into the canals, or something...

EDIT: Oh, and if this has been confirmed by Blizzard in any way, could you link me to where it was? Thanks. :]

No Real use?! Yeah, you're right... Not much point when most classes can walk/mount over the water >.>

agree, it would be a logical and relatively simple change, it's the same way with flight form so why shouldn't it be the same with swim form as long as you're in vash'jir

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginzha View Post
    agree, it would be a logical and relatively simple change, it's the same way with flight form so why shouldn't it be the same with swim form as long as you're in vash'jir
    Yeah - just in Vash'jr, I was thinking. I'm fine with 50% or 100% swim speed everywhere else, I'll be flying there mostly anyway. :]

Im pretty positive it will scale on live servers. Probably just hasn't been brought to Blizz's attention yet

Deleted
    Would sure be some sort of reparations for the evil quests they forced a young (and foolish) lvl 16 druid to do back in the day

Deleted
    BoE water mount?.. Wonder how much these will go for on launch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, and on Ginzha's note, that is very true.

Flight form scales to 310% if you have a 310% speed flying mount, so why can't Aquatic Form scale to whatever% when you have the Seahorse?
    It would make sense, and surely there's not a chance that other classes will complain - after all, it'll be purely aesthetics anyway, as they'll already have underwater breathing in Vash'jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    No Real use?! Yeah, you're right... Not much point when most classes can walk/mount over the water >.>

Most classes? So... Shaman, DK and Rogues for a short period of time, qualify as most classes? Or does Levitate work also?
    You can make potions, they're just expensive/annoying.

There has never been a whole lot of use for Aquatic form, no. I've been in that form... maybe 3 times for quests that were actually useful. Maybe if I had done more questing on my druid in old world, I'd have used it a little more. But even in the case of doing Loremaster on my hunter, the only times I really dealt with water was usually just to cross over it and that wasn't often.

I am looking forward to having more uses for aquatic form (as ugly as it is XD) and it would be nice for it to match speed with a mount, since every time I'm on my druid, I automatically use my forms above all else. Same with ghost wolf on my shaman.
    Axetoface.

100% agree, travel form should scale with ground mounts too. (yes yes no cast time blah blah blah, make it only go 40% in combat or daze when struck in form like aspect of the fail. problem solved QQ more or roll a druid.)
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

i don't see why not AS LONG AS they do the same for sea turtles. I really want to use my turtle for something. i farmed a month for that thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by proVoke View Post
    BoE water mount?.. Wonder how much these will go for on launch?
    Except if you read the current tooltip, it tries to teach you the same Abyssal Seahorse that you learn 5 quests into the zone. I ran into the mob on beta and got super excited only to be extremely let down. Hopefully, they'll change it to a unique model, but if they do.. expect it to be BoP.

And agree that it makes sense for Aquatic form to scale (only in Vash'jir). Don't see why it shouldn't.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

10+ Year Old Account
    As a druid myself i completely agree, i would love to see it scale if only in certain areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordae View Post
    Most classes? So... Shaman, DK and Rogues for a short period of time, qualify as most classes? Or does Levitate work also?
    You can make potions, they're just expensive/annoying.

There has never been a whole lot of use for Aquatic form, no. I've been in that form... maybe 3 times for quests that were actually useful. Maybe if I had done more questing on my druid in old world, I'd have used it a little more. But even in the case of doing Loremaster on my hunter, the only times I really dealt with water was usually just to cross over it and that wasn't often.

I am looking forward to having more uses for aquatic form (as ugly as it is XD) and it would be nice for it to match speed with a mount, since every time I'm on my druid, I automatically use my forms above all else. Same with ghost wolf on my shaman.
    Sarcasm seems to be lost on you. Anyways, I had been going to use my Sea Turtle mount once I got to Vash'jir, but it seems the buff you get as part of your first quest there gives the same speed boost. So much for that.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

but what about all the druids using super water speed flag capping in twin peaks?

Travel form still has some useless. Grind rep? Quicker them mounting up between mobs in a small area. Go attacked? Pop into it and run off. I think increasing travel forms speed would be a bit OP. But no one really has much use for aquatic form. If they are adding a zone completely underwater I don't see why they wouldn't make use of the chance to upgrade the forms speed there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Travel form and aquatic forms won't ever scale with mounts because

this just in

they're not mounts!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaefaerie View Post
    Travel form and aquatic forms won't ever scale with mounts because

this just in

they're not mounts!
    That flight Form is also not a mount doesn't destroy your theory?
    It functions similar to a mount yes, but it's not one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I smell fallacy!!!