did blizz forget Incinerate at level 64?

I mean both ice lance and lava burst are available at low levels to boost up the leveling process. What the hell is incinerate doing up there at 64? The leveling rotation sux without it.. and I don't feel like herp derping it with demo.

Deleted
    Replace it with shadow bolt, the rotation is exactly the same.
    I've levelled my lock up to about 66 since the patch, yes it is annoying to not have it till later, but it gives you something to look forward too =P.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    herp derp it with affliction like i did. at any level i had no problem going dot-dot-tab to five targets and spaming hellfire. but if you go destro you get conflag at lvl10, which hits like a truck broski.

The thing is, Destro's spec bonus is Cataclysm (lol) which increases fire damage by X percentage.. I mean, mages have casted fire spells, frost spells and arcane spells early, so all 3 specs have a spell they can rely on.. Elemental shamans use both nature and fire, their mastery and bonus benefit all spells, so having lightning bolt/CL and shocks is fine at lower levels. Shadow priest, mindflay and SWP are fine at low levels, and both benefit from the bonus.. I guess you can see where this is going.

Give warlocks incinerate earlier so that destruction is a viable leveling spec.. immolate -> conflag is pretty boring, and shadow bolt doesn't benefit from the tree (not much atleast)
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

Deleted
    Feel free to spam immolate if you like fire so much, it still hits like a truck.

You can't train the mastery skill till 80 so you won't be getting any bonus fire damage before 64.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deneweth View Post
    You can't train the mastery skill till 80 so you won't be getting any bonus fire damage before 64.
    no, hes refering to the bonus you get for speccing into destro, which is a passive skill capped "cataclysm" that increase fire damage by 15%. that and the mastery for destro locks are two different things i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    no, hes refering to the bonus you get for speccing into destro, which is a passive skill capped "cataclysm" that increase fire damage by 15%. that and the mastery for destro locks are two different things i believe.
    Yarp.

like srsly.. dunno how many times this needs to be said.. but during levelling.. GO DEMO. forget destro and incinerate completely..not needed when u have a rampaging felguard beside you..
    when u hit 64.. sure.. go destro and see how it is..

the talents that seem fishy by blizz for lower levels are there for fillers in the talent trees at lvl 85. i.e blizz's way of telling you this spec shouldnt be used for levelling.. so if you do take this spec and those talents that do absolutely nothing for you other than to advance in the tree.. there will be a group of dev's snickering at you in the tea room.
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarokex View Post
    like srsly.. dunno how many times this needs to be said.. but during levelling.. GO DEMO. forget destro and incinerate completely..not needed when u have a rampaging felguard beside you..
    when u hit 64.. sure.. go destro and see how it is..

the talents that seem fishy by blizz for lower levels are there for fillers in the talent trees at lvl 85. i.e blizz's way of telling you this spec shouldnt be used for levelling.. so if you do take this spec and those talents that do absolutely nothing for you other than to advance in the tree.. there will be a group of dev's snickering at you in the tea room.
    What if people would like to actually cast stuff and not just let their demon do all the work? It's a herp derp spec and it gets boring very fast, yeah you cast a few dots here and there and wooptie doo demon form once in a while, but the felguard just slaps mobs so hard, it's not even funny..

Hurr Molten Core without Incinerate! It is rather silly that Warlocks have to wait 'til 64 to get Incinerate now, given that 2 specs use it so heavily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    25%

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree, it should be lowered. Anyone want to bug report this?

R.I.P. YARG

Demo is also hurt by not having Incinerate early. I'd say either give it at 28, or 36. Both levels where you otherwise get nothing. Currently it's pretty illogical to have Emberstorm as a tier-2 talent when you can not get the abilities it affects until 54 and 64.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    I agree, it should be lowered. Anyone want to bug report this?
    Don't think a GM would be of any help. It would be helpful if the official US forums got more posts about this. This is the best way to let GC hear about it. Sadly I play on the EU servers so I can't post there.

In the end its just a leveling thing.. no balance issues whatsoever. Bliz will just make destro a more viable spec.

No - Is the answer to the topic title.

Both Ice Lance and Lava Burst make up such large part of the rotation that obtaining them at lower levels seemed logical.

I'm certainly no Warlock, but just filling in with Shadow Bolt while levelling seem like a much less of a game changer, and is also the solution.