10+ Year Old Account

Question Guild Alliances in Cataclysm?

Maybe I completely misread something about a month back, but I swear I heard somewhere that Cataclysm will introduce a feature where you can finally make an alliance with other guilds. As in, the guilds will show an alliance with one another instead of merging, allowing both guilds to be linked yet independent.

Let me know if I'm wrong about this, as I have a friend's guild I'd like to alliance with mine. If it doesn't exist, I'd love to see this feature in the future.
    Stormbringer Guild of Khadgar -- Join Now!
    www.stormbringer.guildzilla.com

What would be the point, aside from RP?

Well before 10 and 25 shared locks, it would of worked good for 2 10man guilds to ally together so that they could do 25man raiding but under one banner.

Same could be done for rated BG's or something.

I don't really remember hearing anything about it, but i would completely support it.

IMO this was one of the MAJOR features of DAOC that did nothing but make in-game social experiences a million times better. It is amazing what a good "alliance chat" can do for a game. I would go as far as to say DAOC would not have been half as good of a game without it. Of course that was a pvp game, so it was even more important, but it would still be useful in WoW. "General chat" sucks ass. Having a solid alliance of like-minded guilds to talk to for advice, filling raids and dungeon grps, or just having a "general" chat without the Chuck Norris spam (or i guess with extra Chuck Norris spam if that's your thing) would be a HUGE HUGE welcome addition to this game. "Alliance Pug" is a whole different animal than just the regular take-what-you-can-find-on-the-server pug.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBlueFire View Post

1 Guild 2 banners.

One for raiding one for PvP. My guild currently has a pvp and raiding team and with both groups on talking in chat (best guild on server - server sucks so still trying to get HM LK) is a bit meessy.
    Edit: also no this was mentioned as not happening.

80 Brudish 80 Lashandra 80 Saviourself 80 Adomnius

i haven't heard anything about it, i do believe though that it is a good idea, maybe share a chat channel, anything else would make the guild op when in terms of leveling? not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBlueFire View Post
    Guilds that had over 1000 members pre patch maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact that both guilds could do their own thing, yet still contribute to the guild as a whole. combine gold, items, members. it would greatly help in having multiple raid runs going at once, etc. this would be awesome.
    Stormbringer Guild of Khadgar -- Join Now!
    www.stormbringer.guildzilla.com

If implemented properly it adds quite alot.

First off, it gives you alliance chat. If you've never played a game with alliance chat ..imagine General chat where everyone is trying to be polite, get along and the Alliance leaders having the power to boot/reprimand assholes and trouble makers. Imagine having a method to resolve issues with ninja looters/jerks from allied guilds with the actual expectation that the person will face SOME sort of consequences for his actions ..thus building trust with the other alliance members ..basically broadening your pool of trusted qualified talent for raids and 5mans. A much larger pool of crafters to call upon without having to trade your valuable materials to a complete stranger on the hope he doesn't log off and put you on ignore. If he screws you, he could put himself at risk of guild-booting, or his guild could face alliance-booting. It adds real in-game consequences to actions. It helps make people stop acting like assholes just because it's the intranetz.

Imagine you're trying to lvl up. You're 2 bubs from 83 ..and some asshole rogue is camping you, keeping you from completing quest, etc ..now you have a channel you can ask for help in, and not just 5-however many are in your guild online at the time hear tour request, but maybe 200 people hear it, and you get some actual help ..hell maybe even get some world pvp goin ..if that's your thing.

Bottom line, IMO< it adds tons of helpful content to an MMO, and does nothing to detract from anyone's fun ..unless you count the jerks who get enjoyment out of being douches and asses to their own realm-mates.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't 'member hearing this, but I support it wholeheartedly.

I was going to say why, but Resurge pretty much said everything.

Can't really think of anything negative about this, great idea!
    I AM FORSAKEN

Context is overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    "WOW THIS IS SO GAY!"