Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
    I beg to differ. I'm a woman, and I am making a Draenei as we speak on PS but I want to because .... I've been wanting to for years. :) If all goes well, I plan to make something out of the ordinary next. .
    This.

I know plenty of women - myself included, who draw scantly-clad females, adore pinup style work, fine art nudes, models, photography of the female form, ect. I and many others who just simply find the female figure atheistically pleasing. It is beautiful to me. Part of my adoration towards women is also tied into fashion and my line of work.. not to mention it's something I can relate to emotionally. A women, a model, a 2D female forum is a perfect start to a canvas. It's inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by bak00777 View Post
    what is with all the half naked pics anyways? If people are turned on by WoW characters, that is kinda weird.
    Obviously not everyone will view art in this way. Beauty being in the eye of the beholder as stated earlier.

For me there is zero sexual arousal to come of it. It's just something some artists enjoy, in the catagory of comic book art or vintage pinup's. There will always be the other population seeking "fap material" But this is just one side of the picture coming from someone who creates such images. :)

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as OP was aware of how this thread could be interpreted, then I am okay.

I like most of the fan art we get. Except for 1 that was of a high/blood Elf. The more recent one with her feet in the water. That didn't seem warcraft like at all. I was like: "Hmm... I'm missing something big here, aren't I?"

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Draenei + Troll = Win

Quote Originally Posted by Origano View Post
    Someone up there just got their butt banned.

I've to slightly agree. The fan art thread is full of 'em! I hate that part of fantasy, would love to see some fantasy MMO get rid of that heritage.
    To be honest it is my favorite part of any fantasy world.
    The Hero gets the hot chick after killing the dragon that how it works because it is a "Male Fantasy"

I mean Man don't fantasize about killing dragons to save kittens or cows.
    And if they were to save a kitten its because the kitten belonged to a scantly clad big breasted women who is offering herself as a reward .

So apparently most of the artists are men or women who are using sexuality in their artwork to attract a male audience.

I think the reason so many women get upset over the fantasy female is because the artists try to perfect the physical form of the fantasy female while surveying the character as either a bubble headed bimbo or a complete nuttbusting B****

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voca View Post
    The rule of amateur art is that if you're portraying women in fictional settings while heavily exploring or featuring eroticism, it would be wise to limit oneself to something you yourself would shag.

To this day, I still can't see myself shagging a Draenei. The whole concept species of blue ungulate space-faring humanoids with Russian accents totally turns me on, but I'm pretty sure the common limitations of socially accepted geriatrics involving thrust physics and external organ sizes just means if a Draenei showed up at my front door right now, I'd probably be really disappointed knowing the result. I mean, just look at Draenei males. How they live countless decades without scoliosis or at least recurring herniation is just ridiculous, the muscles in their torso would have to be the most resistant natural biomaterial in existence. They probably break Draenei women which explains why there are so little of them left other than the fact that the rest have become lieutenants in a dark demonic burning army of evil demons bent on the annihilation of worlds.
    I see
    Inverted legs as "added potential"
    Horns = handlebars
    Tentacles/Tail = Accessories
    Hooves = some modified kneehigh boots would work wonders here

Could be interesting

If your not happy why don't you do your own artwork instead of complaining? And if the answer is "I can't." then don't bother complaining.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    /begindevil'sadvocate
    How do you know? Some of us actually could be in a position to judge anyone, period.
    OBJECTION!

What's this thread about? oh yeah. Hey man if people don't appreciate the hotness of Orc chicks it's their loss. Personally I've seen some pretty excellent fan art that keeps their orcishness and takes out all the ugly!

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficious View Post
    If your not happy why don't you do your own artwork instead of complaining? And if the answer is "I can't." then don't bother complaining.
    I can't play any instruments but I still know when I don't like certain kinds of music.