Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Cataclysm 7dec login EU/US.

Hello there,

Maybe there was a topic with this info, but cant find it.

Something is very confusing to me:

The release of Cataclysm (time we can login) seems to be different for US/EU players.

EU says :

At 00:01 CET on 7 December your account will be automatically upgraded so you can begin playing Cataclysm.
    US says:

At 12:01 AM PST on December 7th your account will be automatically upgraded so you can begin playing Cataclysm.

So both 1 minute after midnight, but this would mean that EU/US players would get a 5-7 hours head start?

Wich would seem to be unfair with world first etc.

Maybe im confused with CET/PST and 5-7 hours, but that is the qeustion

I hope someone can give me a correct answer, and not speculation.

Thanks alot

Cheers!
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted
    no idea, last i heard though its being launched in the UK on monday the 6th of december at 11:00pm

10+ Year Old Account
    CET is Paris time I believe. PST is Pacific Standard Time, so West coat. Eurpoeans will be playing Cataclysm before Americans. PST is 8 hours behind CET, so they get 8 hours head start.

This is something i'd like to know myself, so i'm going to randomly post here so i remember to check back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oceania comes first then Europe then USA. So oceania almost has a headstart of a day compared to the US

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...&p1=195&p2=137

Check for yourself. Europe players get to play Cataclysm 9 hours earlier

What's confusing about that?
    Release Date is: December 7th 00:01

EU-Blizz HQ is in Paris -> CET = UTC +1
    US-Blizz HQ is in California -> PST = UTC - 8
    Korea/Taiwan -> KST = UTC + 9

If you find it unfair, then it's not my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by warchief94 View Post
    no idea, last i heard though its being launched in the uk on monday the 6th of december at 11:00pm
    11:00 pm bst = 12:00 cet

---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    What's confusing about that?
    Release Date is: December 7th 00:01

EU-Blizz HQ is in Paris -> CET
    US-Blizz HQ is in California -> PST
    Korea/Taiwan -> I don't know, but it's about +8 hours differnece to CET

If you find it unfair, then it's not my problem.
    If this is about World first... Well when have Korean last had a World first?

Deleted
    American servers will be 7hrs behind Europe servers due to daylight savings time is no longer in effect

Regarding how "fair" it is, then, meh the American servers have always had a head start regarding raid progress

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Oceania comes first then Europe then USA. So oceania almost has a headstart of a day compared to the US
    You forget oceanic players play on american realms, hence us australian players can not login untill 6pm on the 7th.

The only advantage i see is being less tired

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hilwack View Post
    American servers will be 7hrs behind Europe servers due to daylight savings time is no longer in effect

Regarding how "fair" it is, then, meh the American servers have always had a head start regarding raid progress
    Yeah agreed, it doesnt matter much, look at it this way, the US will have a fairly normal nights sleep >.> uk / eu residents will have to endure the night and die.

Quote Originally Posted by hilwack View Post

RS was avalibel on EU and US ad the samme time

---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    Yeah agreed, it doesnt matter much, look at it this way, the US will have a fairly normal nights sleep >.> uk / eu residents will have to endure the night and die.
    Fail.

Sun = Bad
    Moon = Ok

Day = I melting
    Night = omfg Fresh air

I just lol @ all the east coast kids, who use to be able to start 3 hours ahead of the west coast kids ( if the sat at a midnight release in their timezone ), now they have to wait until 3am their time? sucks to be east coast hehe.

PST = -8 CET
    When us launches on Dec 7th 00:01 will be 8AM CET 7th.
    If the game will be launched on the 7th at 00:01 CET were gonna have it before basicly since america PST is 8 hours behind.
    The Calendar dates are based on GMT ( Greenwich Meridian ). So basicly 7th of december 00:00 will first hit EU and 8 hours after will hit PST .
    When this post is made PST Time is Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 4:15:53 AM PST and CET Thursday, 18 November 1:16:37 p.m ( Basicly EU lives in the "Future" so based on logic we should have it first and Americans after 8 hours
    Hope you understand lol

This is if both EU and US get it at 00:01. If launch and server openings are based on PST Hour then Europeans will get it in the morning +7 GMT +8CET , 7-8AM
    Last edited by ibogdandx; 2010-11-18 at 12:19 PM.

The russians will take all world firsts.

Deleted
    Not really artemisthemp, its so much better in the day, id happilly swap with the US. Ill be awake at 11pm, while pretty much everybody in my house will be going to bed to get up for work in the morning, ill have to be EXTRA quiet, ill have to keep noisy snacks to a minimum, going to the bathroom will be like mission impossible, and then theres staying awake.

In the day time, lets say 8am, everybody is out of the house untill 6pm that day, ive got my choice of snacks / drinks and loud music for levelling, not to be interupted by anybody / anything, also you can get takeout during the day, and not at 5am :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Europe gets it before anyone else. Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    Not really artemisthemp, its so much better in the day, id happilly swap with the US. Ill be awake at 11pm, while pretty much everybody in my house will be going to bed to get up for work in the morning, ill have to be EXTRA quiet, ill have to keep noisy snacks to a minimum, going to the bathroom will be like mission impossible, and then theres staying awake.

In the day time, lets say 8am, everybody is out of the house untill 6pm that day, ive got my choice of snacks / drinks and loud music for levelling, not to be interupted by anybody / anything, also you can get takeout during the day, and not at 5am :P
    Gamers dont like sun m8.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Europe gets it before anyone else. Problem?
    Logical would Taiwan get it before everyone else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemisthemp View Post
    Logical would Taiwan get it before everyone else
    I realised that, but i didnt think that was going to happen, since they got different laws and stuff.
    Bit like china, no?