Deleted

DW frost dps hit cap....

just looking to get some more opinions and to see if im being dense with my DK main. I used to be blood dps before 4.0.1 came out and have now gone frost DW. What is the hit cap? I have played about with 9% like i used to for my blood spec and found i missed to much for my liking so reforged haste and crit for hit on everything and have now got 24.84% hit aiming for 27% and found i did more dps. I saw about a 500dps increase from doing this on boss fights in ICC 10. If im being a biff and you think i should be doing something different please tell me.... oh and is there still a cap for diminished returns on strength/Attack Power.thanks for the help in advance hope to here from you soon

15+ Year Old Account
    Every point of hit above 5% is wasted for dualwielding frost, and would be better spent on strength.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Hit rating and spell hit are 2 different things. For melee attacks it is 8% for specials.

Spell hit is around 17% i believe

White attack miss chance is reduced the more hit rating you have, combat ratings can be checked in your character pane to see how much more you need to stop missing.

Deleted
    ok cheers shall get that sorted asap... still missing my blood dps having to start from fresh

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Every point of hit above 5% is wasted for dualwielding frost, and would be better spent on strength.
    Using the 5% value in these forums, although technically true, is confusing and unnecessary at this point. The character pane now properly reflects the 3% from talents, so when you have 5% on your gear, it reads 8% as it always should have.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

For clarification to the OP, white hits while dual wielding have a base 27% miss chance. So you will see misses, but they simply aren't important. Dual wielding white hits do enough damage to match and even exceed 2H white damage despite the remaining 19% miss rate.

The bulk of your damage (all yellow (and some blue for frost strike) damage) will be accounted for with 8% melee hit, and if you fill out virulence you shouldn't miss many HBs either. (Since 5% melee hit from gear translates to - I want to say - about 6.5% spell hit, and 3/3 virulence now gives 9% spell hit.)

These few remaining misses simply aren't important enough to worry about trying to cap them.

27% the hard cap,
    5% the soft cap for specials,

get 5% hit, get 26/26 expertise, reforge extra hit to mastery.

If you are still over hit cap, don't worry, the more you have the better for your white hits but there are bigger gains elsewhere.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    23/23 expertise... the tooltip is wrong in the char pane, blue stated it somewhere... Itll be 26/26 expertise at 85.