Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main is and will always remain so.

I have x4 other 80's Horde and one Alliance 80 as well, just to experience the different playstyles/roles/etc.

I try do spread mounts and achieves on some of my toons. it makes it more interesting.

Love mounts and pets and hope Blizzard will make a achievement for 150 pets or 125 mount etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bman8633 View Post
    I don't even have many on my main, around 6k, but i have a pretty rusted drake and alot of time farming some rep factions and it makes it hard to just go to a different toon with no mounts and no rep. Sad story huh.
    Yup only have 2 chars EVER
    other is a twink thats it cant help to feel naked with 98xx achievment points and loads of mounts titles gear and gold.

Quote Originally Posted by artemisthemp View Post
    Love mounts and pets and hope Blizzard will make a achievement for 150 pets or 125 mount etc
    i hope more then 125, i already got 121.

128 mounts/131 pets so i hope its higher than that.

Echoing the sentiment that achievements/mounts can keep you with a character. Mind you, I'm in a slightly different boat in that I've sort of "divided up" the achievements between my two mains (or main and top alt, if you will). My prot paladin is my heroic/raid achievement guy as well as my mount collector and explorer, and probably rep achievement grinder as well (hooray for soloing BC heroics). In contrast, my hunter is going to be my Loremaster (was going to try for it before the Shattering but meh, got distracted) as well as pet collector and... something else which I confess I've forgotten. :3 The nice thing is that if, for some reason, I stopped playing one character, I would still have the other with all their achievements. My other alts, unfortunately, get diddly squat. :P

Deleted
    Sadly yes....only have 95 mounts and about 70 pets, But hit the over 9000 ach point mark on my dk, I'd like to reroll with the changes made to them, But...i cant, This is my 5th reroll, had some stuff on my other toons, Stone guard, Hand of a'dal on a few, But not enough to MAKE me stay with them. I made sure i had a reason to stick on my DK. I hurt for it now

15+ Year Old Account
    Only mechanics and play-style make me stay on characters.

Well I have Anzu, tiger, turtle, rusted, frostwyrm, deathcharger *2 and prolly some more on my main.
    on my alt im swapping over to in cata, I have a frostwyrm.

This is an issue I don't have because I rolled the best class in WoW back in Vanilla [Priest].

10+ Year Old Account
    One of every 80 imo. Farm stuff you like on them all.
    "Like the ancient tibetan philosophy states; dont start none, wont be none."
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Lord Monichromicorn?
    Where is my gooooooooooooold
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley
    Lord Monichromicorn

Wheres my candy
    da best ^

my achievements, mounts, pets, original pvp title and even just the amount of time and effort put in keeps me playing my druid, but i prob wouldn't play any other class as my main anyway :P

Yes, it factors a lot especially after I git ZG mounts and baron, but I also really enjoy my main after hoping between mains from vanilla to wrath, I honestly enjoy unholy DK playstyle, look, and lore the most so that's an even bigger factor.
    I do have a ton if alts leveled to at least 70 most sitting 75-80 for farming mats and professions so I can be more self sufficient on my main. I do like playing and learning other classes but not as a main

On my druid I have Reins of the Ironbound Proto Drake, On my Dk I have Reins of the Black Drake. Both are very cool mounts and im not saying I play one charecter more than the other but when im showing off my mounts/titles to friends I like to be on my druid for the fact he is more appealing to me.
    Sarah yells: I am the lucid dream
    Sarah yells: The monster in your nightmares
    Sarah yells: The fiend of a thousand faces
    Sarah yells: Cower before my true form
    Yogg-Saron yells: BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH

Simple answer: Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    my pally, who has the most amount of achievements, most pets, most mounts, most "fun items", and most time overall from the past 2 years of all my toons has traditionally been my "main". However, I have grown verrrrry bored of paladins and their bland play style. So now I am usually on my priest, who I use mostly for pvp. I find priests to be probably the most fun class I have played (have 80 dk, shaman, hunter, pally also) and am slowly building up a decent amount of achievements on him. Although they are mainly pvp oriented.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

No. My Death Knight has almost every single General achievement, over 7000 achievement points, over 100 mounts and 100 pets, 6,000G, the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth, The Motorcycle, the Violet Proto Drake, full Tier 9, Almost 30 Exalted reputations, every mount from the Argent Tournament, A plethora of gems, Justice Points, and herbs, but I still plan on dropping her come Cataclysm to play a Female Worgen Warrior as my new main. When I "Quit" a character, I quit them for good. Going as far as to delete them in some cases.

I've played since Feb 2005 and every time I level a new character I deleted the old ones. I've had so many max level characters that I can't even begin to tell you how many I've deleted over the course of my life in WoW.

This thread would probably be even better with a poll. Anyway, Yeah, the pets, mounts, achievements, old tier sets, keep me sticking with pretty much one toon for all my real progression. I have 7 80's though, and sometimes I wish everything carried over.

I rerolled for a few months as a death knight, but eventually I couldn't leave the awesomeness of my rogue and all the achievements and mounts so I went back

Rep is a bother sometimes, especially if you raided one toon primarily in BC and then did another in wrath and then randomly vanilla raids with one here or there.