Thread: Warcraft 4

Warcraft 4

Dear Blizzard,

Is there going to be a Warcraft 4? If so do you know when we can expect it?

Thanks,

Warfreak

Deleted
    StarCraft II Galaxy Editor is your (future) WarCraft IV. Dismissed.

15+ Year Old Account
    My assumption (aka dream) right now is that they'll have this new MMO be WoW's replacement and maybe try and take Warcraft down another game genre route.

I'm thinking Hack and Slash RPG :P They really should make a console game..

Blizzards new MMO has at least 4 to 5 years to go. If its super casual like this game, then it will also probably suck.
    Last edited by treston323; 2010-11-20 at 06:15 AM.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    warcraft 4? umm NO!!!!!!!!!! because all new lore is going into wow, who cares about the old single player game.

Actually at blizzcon, they mentioned a warcraft 4 in the making..

Deleted
    World of Warcraft is your Warcraft 4, 5, 6 and soon even 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarro View Post
    Actually at blizzcon, they mentioned a warcraft 4 in the making..
    No, they didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    Blizzards new MMO has at least 4 to 5 years to go. If its super casual like this game, then it will also probably suck.
    No, its not. They're already working on it for nearly 2 years ... it'll be max. 2 years untill we see an alpha.

I'm hoping W4 changes the factions. I can't imagine the tauren sticking it out with the orcs forever. I believe it was only the bloodhoof tribe they saved, not the entire species. Theres a couple of different ways I can picture thing going. One way is three different factions instead of two. I know one of them would be night elves, draenei, worgen, and tauren. Possibly even the blood elves depending on how the return of the highborn went, since W4 will be somewhere in the future. I don't know who else would be allied other then humans, dwarves, and gnomes, but having three factions could be fun instead of just the normal two since wow established closer ties and opened the world up a lot.

Another way I can see this going is everyone gets sick of the forsaken trying to wipe out all life on the planet so they band together to destroy them. After that the orcs and humans, being the dumbasses that they are, will then continue their war against each other. This is when I see the rest of the races on azeroth basically collectively saying "You know what? Fuck you guys" and then banding together to wipe out the orcs and humans. So then the orcs and humans will have to partner up in a fight for survival.

I'm hoping its the second scenario I imagined because quite frankly, I am sick and tired of orcs and humans. Its a damn fantasy game, I don't want humans to be 90% of the content I play as alliance. The horde side isn't as orc dominated as alliance is human dominated, but its still annoying that a big portion of it revolves around the orcs.