Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    what exactly is the achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by big deal View Post
    what exactly is the achievement?
    What exactly are you asking? You complete the requisite amount of quests per zone and you have learned enough about the lore of the leveling experience to achieve loremaster...pretty cut and dry if you ask me..

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrific, thanks for the info rat - some more quests for me to go back and do when i get bored after leveling myself and some of my alts to 85

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    What exactly are you asking? You complete the requisite amount of quests per zone and you have learned enough about the lore of the leveling experience to achieve loremaster...pretty cut and dry if you ask me..
    ah i see, thats what I was asking about

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    You will keep your title. You won't technically have the EK/Kalimdor Loremaster achievements anymore, though. Or, rather, you might have the achievements, but none of the zone-by-zone achievements.
    Not necessarily. The zone-by-zone achievements will still be attainable, even if you already have the Loremaster title. Based on what I've picked up, it sounds like most completed quests will be assigned to a zone, so you may log in come the Shattering and find you've gained the zone loremaster achievements in most of them. The exception appears to be Southern Barrens/Cape of Stranglehorn, which got no quests converted so the character was 0/X. Prior quests appeared to count towards the Northern sections of the split zones -- although that may have been a "at the time" thing.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I did it on my main and it wasn't too bad for the most part, but getting the last 20 or so quests as Alliance for Kalimdor was a pain. I do hope that the shattering happens on Tuesday so I'll have a couple of weeks going back to each zone and doing all of the new quests.

After doing it on the main I will most likely do it on my other 80's since it will be somewhat less of a pain, and it's pretty good gold after it's all said and done. Not to mention all of my alts aren't exalted with any of the races yet.

edit: On a side note, I assume that with the shattering all of the "complete x qeusts" ach will be updated.
    Last edited by Marema; 2010-11-18 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Most of the people going for Loremaster aren't actually, you know, interested in lore.

Sad, I know.
    true. i love lore and gonna get Loremaster on my Hunter at some point in Cata. maybe after i have leveled my 3-5 alts in level 85 or something.

"Good gold"? 60-85; Yes, 1-60; no.

Since I am a DK and lazy, I didn't do Loremaster. I wanted to wait until it became fun/enjoyable (the Shattering.) Can't wait to get it ^.^
    I wonder what portion of my already completed quests will still remain/count. I have like 300in Kal and 200 in EK from random quests I've done.

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    You will keep your title. You won't technically have the EK/Kalimdor Loremaster achievements anymore, though. Or, rather, you might have the achievements, but none of the zone-by-zone achievements.
    In PTR presently Kalimdor/EK doesn't have the new zones in Meta, and weirdly I have Silithus and Ghostlands complete. Well, Sillithus is weird, Ghostlands is more or less expected.
    New zones fall on Cataclysm meta, and at least for now, Cata meta is not part of Loremaster meta.