10+ Year Old Account

Cataclysm Instance Difficulty Ranking

I was wondering if some people that have played the new instances in the beta would be so kind as to rank them by difficulty.
    I'm not looking for tactics, and in fact request that you not give anything away. My friends and I are going to blind run each one and figure it out as we go, which was an opportunity I missed in Wrath (besides the ICC 5 mans, that was fun).

Though even with this blind run agreement, I can't help but be curious for at least a little information.

Alphabetically
    Blackrock Caverns
    Deadmines
    Grim Batol
    Halls of Origination
    Lost City of Tol'Vir
    Shadowfang Keep
    Stonecore
    Throne of the Tides
    Vortex Pinnacle

I think I've listed them all... only 9? Well that's a conversation for another thread I guess. Anyways, thank you in advance. I just want to know what we have in store without really blowing any surprises.

Deleted
    well from the vids i've seen, i kno vortex pinnacle is a load of shit (really easy)... but not sure about the others, stonecore looks rly hard, apparantly tot is, deadmines isn't too hard just a bit of fun tbh (but vancleef looks hard as shit), the first few bosses of SFK look hard, the rest easy. tol'vir looks moderate... dunno about rest, gb is hard on normal and i predict it'll be one of the hardest hcs

10+ Year Old Account
    interesting

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you can't really go in blind. It's my understanding that the default map will now display the location of bosses and the abilities they use.

The ability thing on the map won't be at Cata release. They said it'd be in a future patch.

Check out the Total Biscuit videos. It seem to be fairly half and half. Some of them you can breeze through, and others take over an hour and you will be prone to wiping. Of course keep in mind that it was beta, and gear is a factor. All in all, it's nothing a capable group of raiders with an already present synergy can't just dominate for the most part.

Deleted
    I'm doing the same. I've watched TB's videos but that was months ago and i didn't watch all the instances. Cata will be fun.

He said he did NOT want to know about the dungeons except the level of difficulty. So why would he watch the videos of them.
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today

Deleted
    Blackrock Caverns: Okay, I can do this. Fun and challenging. Awesome.
    Throne of the Tides: Hmm... Interesting. Ouch. That hurt a bit! But fun, I like it.
    Stonecore: Hmm, first group, got a few melee and some casters? No problem... HOLY HELL, THAT HURTS! And there are MORE groups identical to this???
    Vortex Pinnacle: Oooooh, shiny!
    Grim Batol: These guys hurts like hell :-(

In short: CC or wipe from Stonecore (level 82) and forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RBFxJMH View Post
    I was wondering if some people that have played the new instances in the beta would be so kind as to rank them by difficulty.
    I'm not looking for tactics, and in fact request that you not give anything away. My friends and I are going to blind run each one and figure it out as we go, which was an opportunity I missed in Wrath (besides the ICC 5 mans, that was fun).

Though even with this blind run agreement, I can't help but be curious for at least a little information.

Alphabetically
    Blackrock Caverns
    Deadmines
    Grim Batol
    Halls of Origination
    Lost City of Tol'Vir
    Shadowfang Keep
    Stonecore
    Throne of the Tides
    Vortex Pinnacle

I think I've listed them all... only 9? Well that's a conversation for another thread I guess. Anyways, thank you in advance. I just want to know what we have in store without really blowing any surprises.
    I'd say, from hardest to easiest:

1. Stonecore
    2. Throne of Tides
    3. Grim Batol
    4. Blackrock Caverns
    5. Halls of Origination
    6. Shadowfang Keep (Only the first and third bosses are hard)
    7. Lost City of the Tol'vir (The bosses are the only hard ones; Trash is dirt easy)
    8. Deadmines
    9. Vortex Pinnacle

From what I've seen, that's the order. BRC and HoO are about the same.
    Last edited by Conzin; 2010-11-18 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin1344 View Post
    He said he did NOT want to know about the dungeons except the level of difficulty. So why would he watch the videos of them.
    Exactly

---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Conzin View Post

1. Stonecore
    2. Throne of Tides
    3. Grim Batol
    4. Blackrock Caverns
    5. Halls of Origination
    7. Lost City of the Tol'vir (The bosses are the only hard ones; Trash is dirt easy)
    8. Deadmines
    9. Vortex Pinnacle

Thank you

1. Stonecore
    2. Throne of Tides
    3. Grim Batol
    4. Blackrock Caverns
    5. Halls of Origination
    8. Deadmines
    9. Vortex Pinnacle

^^this is pretty close. I think trash is harder in ToT, but Grim Batol should be #1. Stonecore starts rough but lightens up a bit once you understand the trash, But GB bosses are harder imo. So I'd say GB #1, ToT #2, Stonecore #3. It's really a toss up past those 3, none stand out as being harder, however VP is definitely the easiest. Any way you slice it, they're all a challenge at their entry level with basic gear. Enjoy the "New and Improved" WoW dungeons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Blackrock Caverns: Okay, I can do this. Fun and challenging. Awesome.
    Throne of the Tides: Hmm... Interesting. Ouch. That hurt a bit! But fun, I like it.
    Stonecore: Hmm, first group, got a few melee and some casters? No problem... HOLY HELL, THAT HURTS! And there are MORE groups identical to this???
    Vortex Pinnacle: Oooooh, shiny!
    Grim Batol: These guys hurts like hell :-(

In short: CC or wipe from Stonecore (level 82) and forward.
    Good good

---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 04:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mambypamby View Post
    ^^this is pretty close. I think trash is harder in ToT, but Grim Batol should be #1. Stonecore starts rough but lightens up a bit once you understand the trash, But GB bosses are harder imo. So I'd say GB #1, ToT #2, Stonecore #3. It's really a toss up past those 3, none stand out as being harder, however VP is definitely the easiest. Any way you slice it, they're all a challenge at their entry level with basic gear. Enjoy the "New and Improved" WoW dungeons
    Thank you

Non-heroic:
    1. Vortex Pinnacle
    2. Blackrock Caverns
    3. The Stonecore
    4. Throne of Tides
    5. Lost City of the Tol'vir
    6. Halls of Origination
    7. Grim Batol

Heroic:
    1. Stonecore (Trash is hard, really hard witout cc, first boss can whipe the party within the first minute, 3rd boss can be hard too ; rest is easy, endboss is fun)
    2. Blackrock Caverns (Trash is easy but challenging; first boss can whipe a party really fast, 2nd boss too, rest is easier)
    3. Throne of Tides (the trash in here is really annoying and can be hard, bosses semi-hard)
    4. Deathmines (first boss can be hard if people don't move, 2nd boss is fun if tanks knows what to do, rest is just fun)
    5. Shadowfang Keep (first boss is easy if you know what to do, 3rd boss can be hard for casuals, 4th boss is superfun)
    6. Vortex Pinnacle (trash is challenging, bosses are mid-hard, hardest is the first one imo)
    7. Lost City of the Tol'vir (trash is really easy but the bosses are hard)
    8. Grim Batol (all bosses hard but endboss is damn hard I'm sure this boss will whipe many groups)
    9. Halls of Origination (the trash hits like trucks the bosses hit even harder, hate the casttime for the levers on first boss)

I base this ranking on going into those instances first time; meaning in quest greens and blues or rep blues for heroics. With acutal premade T11 chars the instances are easier but still challenging, if a tank thinks he's god cause he wears T11 the party pretty much whipes it's way thru those heroics)
    Last edited by Ohmnia; 2010-11-18 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmnia View Post
    Non-heroic:
    1. Vortex Pinnacle
    2. Blackrock Caverns
    3. The Stonecore
    4. Throne of Tides
    5. Lost City of the Tol'vir
    6. Halls of Origination
    7. Grim Batol

Heroic:
    1. Stonecore (Trash is hard, really hard witout cc, first boss can whipe the party within the first minute, 3rd boss can be hard too ; rest is easy, endboss is fun)
    2. Blackrock Caverns (Trash is easy but challenging; first boss can whipe a party really fast, 2nd boss too, rest is easier)
    3. Throne of Tides (the trash in here is really annoying and can be hard, bosses semi-hard)
    4. Deathmines (first boss can be hard if people don't move, 2nd boss is fun if tanks knows what to do, rest is just fun)
    5. Shadowfang Keep (first boss is easy if you know what to do, 3rd boss can be hard for casuals, 4th boss is superfun)
    6. Vortex Pinnacle (trash is challenging, bosses are mid-hard, hardest is the first one imo)
    7. Lost City of the Tol'vir (trash is really easy but the bosses are hard)
    8. Grim Batol (all bosses hard but endboss is damn hard I'm sure this boss will whipe many groups)
    9. Halls of Origination (the trash hits like trucks the bosses hit even harder, hate the casttime for the levers on first boss)

I base this ranking on going into those instances first time with iLvl 317 (I think it was 317 you need to use the LFG Tool); meaning in quest/rep blues. With acutal premade T11 chars the instances are easier but still challenging, if a tank thinks he's god cause he wears T11 the party pretty much whipes it's way thru those heroics)

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by RBFxJMH View Post
    Thank you very much!
    Nvm

Vortex Pinnacle was the only one on the list that I saw as underwhelming, via TotalBiscuit's videos. I'm unsure whether the Halls of Origination will be more challenging or not on Heroic Difficulty. Stonecore looks deliciously challenging, as is Grim Batol if the nerf wasn't too severe. On the topic of how few instances there are, Blizzard mentioned somwhere about a new one being released for every major content patch, if I'm not mistaken. I can't supply you with text in blue, though.
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

1. Stonecore
    2. Throne of Tides
    3. Grim Batol
    4. Blackrock Caverns
    5. Halls of Origination
    8. Deadmines
    9. Vortex Pinnacle

i like this list but i have to say id switch Tol'Vir with Blackrock
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com