Post Recipe: Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops

I tried to post this from my iPhone while away from my desk but I am not sure it went through so here goes another shot at it.

I understand that the island in which you are to kill the chimaera is gone. I also understand that the NPC that delivers the AQ40 quest chain is moved and the quest chain is un-completable. (I do not play beta so I cannot go by anything other than posts and screen shots) What I am interested in knowing, an pardon me if this has already been discussed as I am unable to find any information, is if the recipe still remains in-game. For example if you have the book in your bank but have not learned it. Is it going to to be one of those things that if you have it... you keep it. If you do not, you will not be able to aquire it by any other means other than the Auction House? Is this going to be a very rare (more rare than it is already) collector's item?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    great. thx to your post im not in fear of my recipe sitting in my bank.
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

I've heard reports on this site (no sources atm) that there will be a rare-spawning vendor that will occasionally appear in Tanaris with 1 Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops recipe to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hohahihehu View Post
    I've heard reports on this site (no sources atm) that there will be a rare-spawning vendor that will occasionally appear in Tanaris with 1 Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops recipe to sell.
    inb4 a new post appears in 5 mins asking for a name, location, spawn timer and race/hair colour of the "new vendor that sells the epic recipe!"
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohahihehu View Post
    GIVE ME A NAME, LOCATIONNnn... nevermind.

But yeah, I hope that isn't the case. I've been keeping my book in my bank for ages now hoping ill be able to get a massive profit when cata comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    selling it at current prices is a massive profit. don't wanna get to greedy like the people hording pristine black diamonds, then finding out that shen'dralar rep is going. now they have lost 85% of their AH value on my server, its pretty funny to see the players make such a massive loss. But also pretty sad as I remember buying them at high price :c

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunatly I live on a "new players" server, so no one there save a few of the high end raiders understands the recipe. How much do you think I could get for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Well, I haven't got any more real evidence, but some comments on the Cata Wowhead read:

You don't have to do this step in Cat. or at least on the beta. You have to do it, but the gobin guy sells the recipe for 12s50c along with some other crap. So it looks like anyone can buy it from vendor in cat. Not sure if that's the way it will stay or not.
    Confirmed. You can buy this from the vendor in cat. for 12s 50c without doing the any part of that old questchain at all, BUT it is a limited supply recipe. Seems to spawn about every hour. He also sells other cool stuff on limited supply.
    Nowhere was the name of the vendor specifically mentioned, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by proVoke View Post
    selling it at current prices is a massive profit. don't wanna get to greedy like the people hording pristine black diamonds, then finding out that shen'dralar rep is going. now they have lost 85% of their AH value on my server, its pretty funny to see the players make such a massive loss. But also pretty sad as I remember buying them at high price :c
    I'm glad they left insane in the game, I made over 20kg on lockboxes during the rush

So it is staying in Cata?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Meh, I used my Dirge's book and didn't have the stamina to get another one with an alt.

I'm one recipe away from 100% cooking, those damn rogue and their tea.