Screen freezes after Wintergrasp, which addon to blame?

I've had this problem for a few months now, where when Wintergrasp ends, you get the music and honor spam etc, my game freezes for 10-30 seconds. It always works fine afterwards, it has never crashed there.

After 4.X patches it got worse, so I deleted Interface, WTF, Cache, Data/Cache and it went away. I put back the addons I can't live without and it was fine for a while, but after this latest patch it came back again.

So which addon could be causing this? Here's the list of addons I use:

acb_CastBar
    acb_Mirror
    Auc-Advanced
    Auc-Filter-Basic
    Auc-ScanData
    Auc-Stat-Histogram
    Auc-Stat-iLevel
    Auc-Stat-Purchased
    Auc-Stat-Simple
    Auc-Stat-StdDev
    Auc-Util-FixAH
    AzCastBar
    AzCastBarOptions
    Bagnon
    Bagnon_Config
    Bagnon_Forever
    Bagnon_Tooltips
    Bartender4
    ElkBuffBars
    GhostclickFix
    ncNameplates
    Omen
    OmniCC
    OmniCC_Config
    OmniCC_Options
    QuestGuru_Tracker
    RoguePowerBars
    ShadowedUF_Options
    ShadowedUnitFrames
    Skada
    SkadaDamage
    SkadaHealing
    SnowfallKeyPress
    Stubby
    TipTac
    TipTacItemRef
    TipTacOptions
    TipTacTalents

Only way to really tell is to enable each addon one by one... and see what happens. You could also maybe do a few scans on your PC (Maleware / Virus) Defrag it and so on. It will take ages to find it with all the addons you got and the time between WG's >.<

Deleted
    Actually, you can just disable half your addons, then proceed as below:
    Code:
    if bugOccurs() then
        disableHalfOfEnabled()
    else
        disableCurrent()
        enableOtherHalf()
    end
    Yes, I'm coding LUA right now and just checking by on my second screen. I hope you understand what I mean :P

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Actually, you can just disable half your addons, then proceed as below:
    Code:
    if bugOccurs() then
        disableHalfOfEnabled()
    else
        disableCurrent()
        enableOtherHalf()
    end
    Yes, I'm coding LUA right now and just checking by on my second screen. I hope you understand what I mean :P
    If they understood LUA, they could diagnose a simple problem such as "which addon is to blame" entirely by themselves. My point is they would have the knowledge in regards to how mods operate to know how to troubleshoot something so trivial.

But grats, you code LUA. Print yourself off a gold star.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

I've been having the same problem. I deleted my folders and updated my addons and drivers, etc. The only addon we have in common is Bartender4. I do use Auctioneer but it's only ever enabled on my banking toon. Hopefully we're not the only ones this is happening to.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    skylla05, don't be like that. The pseudocode he wrote there is actually the flowchart for how to find out which addon is causing the bug.

1) Disable half of the currently enabled addons.

2) If the bug still happens, do step 2a. If the bug goes away, do step 2b.
    2a) Disable half of the currently enabled addons again.
    2b) Disable all of the current addons, and enable the other half that were disabled.

3) Repeat step 2 until you find the 1 addon that is causing the bug.
    4) Go to the addon's website, and report to the author that his addon is causing a major bug at the end of WG battles, while using WoW Patch 4.0.3.

These have been the steps to finding out what addon is causing bad behaviour since people started developing addons for WoW. Forgive the man for expressing them in computer-style if-then-else statements.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Taryble; 2010-11-19 at 03:08 AM. Reason: To remove remark that could be considered rude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious, what about using a diagnostic tool such as the BugGrabber!/Bugsack! combo? Or is the disabling/enabling process the only reliable way?

I am using ACP (Addon Control Panel) currently for the enabling/disabling.
    I will look when I get the opportunity to try a CPU profile at the end of a battle to see if any stand out as excessive or sudden usage.
    Likely using OptionHouse to do that.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Etalia, Buggrabber/Bugsack (or Swatter!) are only viable methods if the addons are actually throwing lua errors - for excessive CPU usage, that usually doesn't generate an error that bug-catching addons can see.