Deleted

Talking new enchanting idea!

We debated the enchanting system in our guild today and I had an idea to make enchanting more enjoyable and less painful for both enchanters and customers. We were argueing about the enchanting materials gained in dungeons and raids and the need of the enchanter to level and earn money with his profession more easy and the common need by everyone due to massive advancement.

My Idea was to stick to the current system with de as long as a enchanter is with you. BUT instead of person X (non enchanter) gets it all for himself, the enchanter will get the same amount disenchanted for himself. Simply as this, you would avoid enchanters to ninja greens and everyone is happy. and this should be possible to do, since tailors get also (though only sometimes) up to twice the frostcloth off humanoids than nontailors.

What do you guys think about this?? Hopefully this was not posted anywhere before

Deleted
    Sounds like a great idea actually, but a little overpowered due the fact that almost everyone would choose to be an enchanter and earn some easy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiie View Post
    Actually, a modification of this idea may work better. The current system in place now would be fine in addition to the enchanter sometimes randomly gains additional enchanting mats when the item is selected for disenchant by party members. It shouldn't be "all the time", but it should be a fairly reasonable chance to occur. (15%?)
    That would be a lot less balanced, and would prevent either enchanters all making significantly more than any other profession, or having the enchanting mat plummet due to market flooding.

Deleted
    sounds pretty good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elithrian View Post
    Sounds like a great idea actually, but a little overpowered due the fact that almost everyone would choose to be an enchanter and earn some easy gold.
    Well not really. The idea was that if enchanters roll on disenchant and win they would not make any extra extra reward. Maybe adding a procchance if there are more enchanters in a group.

Though I believe that adding a 15% dropchance is way too low. Might work with 30-40% better so the enchanter gets at least 1 benefit per instance.

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hohahihehu View Post
    That would be a lot less balanced, and would prevent either enchanters all making significantly more than any other profession, or having the enchanting mat plummet due to market flooding.
    Can you tell me how they would make significantly less gold? As for me being enchanter on live servers I usually earn more money creating enchanting scrolls than on DE items. Plus the scrolls on my servers are up to 4-5 times the material worth.

Now the enchanting mats are almost the same value as greens. IF the enchanting materials are less worth due to mass availability than the greens disenchanted the people wont click disenchant but would vendor the greens so it would be self regulating.

This wouldn't work out well i guess...

What if there are 2 or 3 enchanters in a group? 3 or 4 times the material from one item? Random distribution?
    It would simply produce more materials as it should.

The only real use of the "roll for disenchant" is saving the hassle with rolling and distributing crystals of bop epics nobody needed at the end of the instance... and you don't need those to 'level' enchanting. Green and blue random drop stuff you could always carry over to any enchanter you wanted / mail to yout enchater twink.
    I don't see problems with this whole enchanters ninjaing stuff to disenchant. Same as with people ninjaing stuff for gold...
    If I run with pugs and someone ninjas stuff for whatever reason he is kicked from the group and is never invited again. End of story.
    If I run with friends or guild and one of them is an enchanter he gets the stuff anyway because we know where we get our enchants from.

Deleted
    Its not that simple Liameyna. Thanks to DF there are always people from other realms with you. Last time I had voted a jerk outta there a even bigger jerk came in and you could only vote to kick once. PLUS what happens if the tank is the ninja enchanter? You simply dont wait half an eternity to get another one. Usually people just may be pissed off but they don't do anything to prevent him from doing so. And kickvoting some random guy out won't stop him from joining the next instance doing the same.

As I mentioned before i dont see any real problem with people gaining too much enchanting materials, because it will just selfregulate. Anyway you could also imply a feature that this can only happen to 1 of the enchanters. like a 2nd hidden roll.

Sure there is no problem with gaining more material overall... except (worst case) prices drowning in the bottomless sea of material on a saturated market. There is a certain balance to be preserved if you don't want prices to drop to rediculous values and people sitting on huge piles of materials.

Since middle of BC we joked about building thrones and houses out of shards and crystals, because there were soooo many of them and nobody needed that many anymore. I remember enchanters in our raid rolling who did enchanting duty for the run back these days... because one had to and none of them wanted.
    In WotLK buying paterns for shards eased that somehow... untill everyone had every patern... now shards have been stacking up again for a while.

Its hard to find the balance between having enough for enchanters skilling up and everyone getting new enchants at the beginning of an expansion and not having an abundance of materials when everyone is at max and people are raiding.
    This is my experience... it might differ from server to server. That makes it even more difficult to balance.

But to be honest... there is alwas enough material if you want to level it fast... and easier ways getting it than dungeoneering. Friends leveling Tailoring or something on cheap green stuff... just ask them. Many are more than happy to give this stuff to you, having it disenchanted and traded for a few 'free' enchants on their leveling gear.

Regarding the DF... well, that's a problem of its own. I still don't see much difference between an enchanter ninjaing for materials or someone ninjaing for gold. I don't group with greedy and antisocial people, they leave one way or the other or I do.
    But this is and has been discussed in other treads to no end.
    Last edited by Liameyna; 2010-11-19 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling and stuff

Deleted
    I was not talking specificly about shards and crystals but more about essences and dust. Though I dont know how your realm handles this but on mine its like blue/epic weapons are being vendored and items below the market price of shard and crystal are being disenchanted. But with your example you tend to forget something:

The enchanting mats of BC could easily be bought on vendors that sold green items. I tent to make about 2000g/hr just this way (because it was not broadly known). The shards and crystals were indeed stacking BUT you might also forget that they were rarely used on enchants (wp enchants only and only some of them). And don't forget that many people even in BC did not raid as much as nowadays. The content progression of BC was way different than in WotLK. Plus they had prequests for the new content. I am certain many ppl who wanted to raid had not the chance to.

With more and more people raiding, and hybrid classes farming a 2nd equipment you will always need more materials than these days. I can tell you that shards, crystals, essences as well as dust is just as expensive on my server then it used to be in the beginning of wotlk.

Though I must admit I am not really afraid of leveling enchanting, because I am going to quest and going to level tailoring (at first), and will disenchant enough questrewards, drops and tailored greens to level. But I still believe it is unfair how everyone claims the de mats on same rights though they would not get them without an enchanter. Entering a dungeon where people get leather, ores, herbs, ... does not give you the right to roll for it because you can't get it without the certain profession. People need as much gems as enchants and as much flasks, potions, elixirs for raiding. Plus you can't farm enchanting mats that easy outside.

Deleted
    Being a enchanter myself I never found it hard to level enchanting, actually the "new" DE button in randoms was pretty welcome as it removed the need to DE stuff yourself (so I lazy...).
    As for the idea; its not too bad, although I am certain that Enchanting will probably still we one of the easiest profession to level I don't really see the reason for it, as you will DE any quest crap that you cannot use into something useful.
    At 85 you will probably be loaded will mats needed to sell enchants. If ppl wants to mooch sharded mats off my chanter thats fine. I will still make gold from it.