Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Suspicious activity? Hmm..

Just got e-mail saying that "Due to suspicious activity, the Battle.net account account@account has been locked. To restore access to this account, please follow these steps:"
    wondering is that sorta random thingie blizz throwing on to players, or they didn't like me playing my 10 lvl80's on my account? I lold honestly

i have gotten that email before, its a hoax dont go to the link

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a scam.
    Go to battle.net and check it out.
    History Teacher - Boarding School Residence Advisor - Polyglot of Profanity

Deleted
    probably a scam mail, still get spam mail sent to the wrong email address :c
    would probably ignore it till you actually get suspended in game

Never click on a link in an e-mail from "Blizzard". Real Blizzard will always give you the steps to do it yourself.

Also, Blizzard has fancy stationary stuff for their e-mails. :]

15+ Year Old Account
    Go to battle.net, and not by clicking the link, or simply log into wow. If you can do those things then it is a fake email.

And if the email actually says account@account as the account name then you are an idiot if you even possibly considered that it was real.

Ignore it and check if you can log in like normal. If you can log in like normal, it was a scam.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Dekki View Post
    Sounds like a scam.
    Go to battle.net and check it out.
    Or easier, just try to login to the game itself. You will get a message stating the account is locked if it is indeed locked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just log in. That kind of tells you whether or not the email is legitimate.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

i got that once, when my account was frozen, and i have an authenticator so i knew some1 didnt steal my account and messed around

Derailed the Cereal Thread

Actually, I got the same e-mail a few weeks ago, and this one was actually from Blizzard and not some scam e-mail.
    Now, trying to log in to the game told me my account had been locked...
    Funny thing was, I hadn't been online for 4-5 days.

"Hey, this guy's been offline for more than 4 days.. He must be plotting against us, quick! Ban his ass!"

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Just log in. That kind of tells you whether or not the email is legitimate.
    ^ this

Yeah i have gotten a real one of those before, but they only send it to you AFTER a failed login attempt due to locking the account. So just try and login, if you can, its fake.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

As Kaldriss said, be careful, it may be a scam, don't click any link, go to blizzard's site manually and try to log in there.

That said, I've received a similar e-mail which was not a scam:

Due to suspicious activity, the Battle.net account XXXXXXXXXX has been locked. To restore access to this account, please follow these steps:

Step 1: Secure Your Computer

[...]

Step 3: Choose a New Password

You must change your password in order to resume using this Battle.net account. Please click this link to choose a new password:

https://us.battle.net/account/suppor...=XXXXXXXXXXXXX

The ultimate reason for this was that my account was accessed from different IP addresses at the same time. My (alas, sucky) ISP assigns IPs from 2 class A blocks, so my IPs may look very different after my ISP randomly DCed me.

/ignore tbh. i get about 5-10 of these a day and have for months and i ignore them all
    Aye...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarleck View Post
    Actually, I got the same e-mail a few weeks ago, and this one was actually from Blizzard and not some scam e-mail.

"Hey, this guy's been offline for more than 4 days.. He must be plotting against us, quick! Ban his ass!"
    Haha yes basicaly i've tried to log in game and some thing poped out saying that your account locked I was liek "Oh well good that they didn't smacked me with banhammer" xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what it is, I got hacked about 6 months ago, and now whenever I check my school email (which I made the mistake of tying my wow account to) I have literally 5+ emails about how my account has been compromised. Just remember, the email will always be sent from a battle.net account if its actually from blizzard

Its possible it could be real, they implemented new security where if someone from a different location from your normal login location attempts to log in, itll lock your account and ask for security information

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarleck View Post

Thanks for the sig.

EDIT: Wait... how to make quotes into sigs? ;/
    Last edited by mmoccd29fb536c; 2010-11-18 at 10:15 PM.

I get 2-3 of those a day. their just spam emails ignore em