Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

NPCs during invasion

I don't get it, why on earth did they need to remove Mailbox, Class Trainers, Auction NPC's under the "elemental Invasion" ?!!??
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2010-11-18 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you just need to go to one of the 3 cities that aren't being invaded? Seriously, it's supposed to be a big deal lore wise, like the entire place is getting torn to pieces. Therefore, the weaker people (trainer/npcs) leave.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Hey there are huge elementals invading my city AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!eleven!!one1!

Let me just get this mail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by doompony View Post
    I don't get it, why on earth did they need to remove Mailbox, Class Trainers, Auction NPC's under the "elemental Invasion" ?!!??
    The invasion is meant for combat. Your only focus during the invasion should be to repel it by killing the elementals, saving the citizens and/or keeping your fellow faction members alive. If you need a mailbox, a trainer or even the AH for that, you fail. Blizzard already said that lowlevels should leave the cities. Reading between the lines, it's because they would probably get slaughtered, as they stand no chance against the elementals. If you don't want to participate, leave the city. You'll do more harm than good by staying. People will think you are participating and will wonder why you aren't helping out, as you should.

The faster the invasion gets repelled, the faster the mailbox, trainers and AH will return to normal use...

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think the NPCs get hazard pay, so they're on strike!

The world faces doom, the aspect of death is almost upon us, our cities and our citizens face annihilation, we must repel the elemental invasion... where are our heroes in this time of need...
    FFS STOOPID ELEMENSTRILS I CNT UZE MAILBOX

I think Blizzard wanted to do this so that the players are forced into the lore, its a big thing and though I see people QQing on trade constantly about this, I think it shows that the coming of the Aspect of Death is actually going to cause you some inconvenience, believe it or not

And theres always another 2 cities you can visit for your needs that will stay untouched
    Last edited by xenaros; 2010-11-18 at 10:25 PM.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

because ghostcrawler
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Deleted
    I wouldn't care if the ele invasion was at all interesting, fun or rewarding in any way.

But it isn't. So let me look at the AH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sforzando View Post
    I wouldn't care if the ele invasion was at all interesting, fun or rewarding in any way.

/agree

It's all too clean and wishywashy. There's no real carnage! It's like walking into Sainsbury's / Walmart on a saturday afternoon. Sure, it's kinda busy - but it's not like you're going to jump over that pram with the twins to get the last XXXL Baywatch t-shirt ... right?

I think my brain derailed somewhere along there. Bottom Line: it should've been epic, this is barely ilvl 187ish.

Then go to exodar or darnassus or silvermoon or undercity
    Those still have your precious NPCs

I'll stay in Stormwind having fun

Because those npc's are evacuated. Nothing but players and soldiers are left in the city during the invasion. As for the mailboxes, maybe they don't want the mail getting wet/burnt.

Deleted

Thumbs up

Word.

Deleted
    Ok new plan, replace the elementals with ZOMBIES! YEAH! And make it so players can turn into zombies, and the living have to use those barricades to keep out the zombies... and the whole game becomes a survival horror for the living !

That, would be sweet.

Ok new plan, replace the elementals with ZOMBIES! YEAH! And make it so players can turn into zombies, and the living have to use those barricades to keep out the zombies... and the whole game becomes a survival horror for the living !

That, would be sweet.
    Med pac over here!

stop crying to go to exodar or darnassus, god knows they could use your economy.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    Because you just need to go to one of the 3 cities that aren't being invaded? Seriously, it's supposed to be a big deal lore wise, like the entire place is getting torn to pieces. Therefore, the weaker people (trainer/npcs) leave.
    the flight master in org isnt weak?!?!?!
    he always used to rape at 60 cap!! ffs i cant even fly to felwood anymoar :<

Have a Nice Day ™...

If you're in desperate need of those NPCs, just go to another city like others posted...the way it is now, it forces you to either leave or participate in the event (which, by the way, is a pretty big deal, lore-wise.)

Those dastardly elementals also steal the signs (but not the posts the signs hang on)! They want us to get lost in our own city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doompony View Post
    got to :

-darnassus
    -exodar

or

-undercity
    -silvermoon

It seems to me that the event is a lot more hectic on the ptr. Perhaps we have not seen the true storm yet, or they dumbed it down. Here's hoping the invasion gets even stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiclurker View Post
    It seems to me that the event is a lot more hectic on the ptr. Perhaps we have not seen the true storm yet, or they dumbed it down. Here's hoping the invasion gets even stronger.
    wont happen cause i think the event should be over at the launch of 4.03a (on the ptr it isnt but still)