Cross server mail transfer.

I remember reading a post about it a while back, something about being able to send BoA's cross server. Anybody hear anything new about it? They still planning on it or did they scrap the idea?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's something they want to do, but isn't a high priority. So, it will probably be a while before we hear anything more on it.

i want them to allow it, for example i would love to play with friends on a different realm, but i would want my heirlooms with me

Derailed the Cereal Thread

You're a tease, sir. Got my hopes up, only to be smashed into pieces. Good day to you.

Argh it isnt letting me delete this double post

Derailed the Cereal Thread

I would prefer if I could mail BoA gear to my other account that is under the same bnet account than cross server. It is just weird that it is not the same account, but technically it is the same account.

you don't need heirlooms to enjoy playing with friends >.> heirlooms only make lvling easier & faster...
    you're just all lazy to do quests like you used to do live with it

Quote Originally Posted by Dwergaapje View Post
    you don't need heirlooms to enjoy playing with friends >.> heirlooms only make lvling easier & faster...
    you're just all lazy to do quests like you used to do live with it
    Having BoAs doesn't mean you don't quest and it doesn't transfer you to some PTR, it's still live.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Altough cross server mail can have a lot of advantages, there are also disadvantages.

If on server A the prices for Item X are high and on server B those items are cheap(er), people (at least some) will buy them on server B and might even sell them on server A.
    Instead of the normal problems with undercutters on your own server, you'll get undercutters from all servers which could destabilize the economy.

Not to mention the fact that ninja's no longer need to server change before putting items on the AH (example: Ninja loots a BoE cause it could be good for his spec (let's say a 'insert class' item while he's the only 1 of the class in the raid) and has no plans to ever use it (he got a better 1 equiped but quickly change it b4 the roll). Instead of group rolling he takes it and instead of putting it on the AH on his own server (so raid members could detect it) he sends the item to an alt on server B, while otherwise all raid members could have rolled or w/e for it).

BTW not the best written example but you know what i mean I hope.
    /blame the late hour here.

Before things like this are solved or correctly thought about by the Bliz staff it won't happen soon.
    Not to mention of all the tickets GM will get stating I didn't recieve my mail (where they had the right name but wrong server)

Edit:
    Missed the fact it was about BoA's only which makes 90% of my post obsolete but I'm not gonna delete the part :P
    Last edited by Twinkeltoe; 2010-11-19 at 12:55 AM. Reason: missed an integral part of OP's post :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkeltoe View Post
    Altough cross server mail can have a lot of advantages, there are also disadvantages.
    I think they only intended to allow BoA items to be sent across servers, not any items.

I'm 100% sure its technically possible - but why would blizzard let you do that when you could pay them 25$ or w/e for a paid char xfer?

Blizzard care about making money before anything else and thus I doubt this will ever happen.
    Last edited by GoldenGunned; 2010-11-19 at 12:52 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    I think they only intended to allow BoA items to be sent across servers, not any items.
    Ow then it shouldn't be such a problem :P
    Technically it shouldn't be that hard afaik

Don't expect Bliz to hurry though.
    Most people don't need it (yet)

If on server A the prices for Item X are high and on server B those items are cheap(er), people (at least some) will buy them on server B and might even sell them on server A.
    Instead of the normal problems with undercutters on your own server, you'll get undercutters from all servers which could destabilize the economy.

Not to mention the fact that ninja's no longer need to server change before putting items on the AH (example: Ninja loots a BoE cause it could be good for his spec (let's say a 'insert class' item while he's the only 1 of the class in the raid) and has no plans to ever use it (he got a better 1 equiped but quickly change it b4 the roll). Instead of group rolling he takes it and instead of putting it on the AH on his own server (so raid members could detect it) he sends the item to an alt on server B, while otherwise all raid members could have rolled or w/e for it).

BTW not the best written example but you know what i mean I hope.
    /blame the late hour here.

Before things like this are solved or correctly thought about by the Bliz staff it won't happen soon.
    Not to mention of all the tickets GM will get stating I didn't recieve my mail (where they had the right name but wrong server)
    He is talking more about sending BoA items cross server, not any other items.

I wish this was possible to send BoA's cross server, i made a ticket a while ago after BoAs came into the game asking a GM if they would do it, but they denied me =(
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

They should do this but only after they create the closet tab so I don't have to carry my offset in my bags.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

this was mentioned in the Dev chat. they want to do it, but dont really know how to implement it or something.

Deleted
    From the just finished dev chat:

Q:Has there been any discussion of changing the heirloom items to true "Bind on Account" instead of the bind on server limitation that it has currently?.
    A:That is something we would like to do. Currently the servers mail carriers refuse to work together, and haven't worked out the economic terms from transferring mail from one server to another. One day we hope to resolve the union issues.

While he does mention economic issues, it's not to be confused with transferring items of greater value on the destination server than the origin. It's part of the joke about one mailman not wanting to deliver to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGunned View Post
    I'm 100% sure its technically possible - but why would blizzard let you do that when you could pay them 25$ or w/e for a paid char xfer?

Blizzard care about making money before anything else and thus I doubt this will ever happen.
    You'd only be sending BoA's, which means more convenient leveling of new chars on a new realm. Character transfer moves your already-existing-and-likely-well-geared characters to a new realm. If you can't see this difference, then I don't think anyone can help you.

Ow then it shouldn't be such a problem :P
    Technically it shouldn't be that hard afaik

Don't expect Bliz to hurry though.
    Most people don't need it (yet)
    Why do you say technically it shouldn't be hard? They specifically said that it is hard, because of the mechanics of the mail servers and cross-server transfers, and I can't imagine you know the problem and how to fix it so you can't really say it shouldn't be a problem or shouldn't be hard.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.