Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So you confirmed what we all know, Tuesdays are generally patch days.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    You said " So tuesday" And he said indeed. NO WHERE Did he say 11/23, Its Blizz's own form of misleading people, I DO think its on 11/23, but he did NOT confirm it, he confirmed the patch would be released on A tuesday
    You remind me of those commercials where the company tells the little girl she can have a bike, then when she tries to ride it the guy says "No you can only ride it in the yellow square."
    Wouldn't it be great if your parents said, "Honey, we are going to DISNEY LAND!! We are going on tuesday." So tuesday comes along and you say "Hey why are we not going to Disney Land now?" ......"Oh you thought I meant THIS tuesday??? Silly kid, I meant October 11th 2021. Sorry honey, now go mow the lawn and shut up."

Yes he didn't strictly say THIS Tuesday, but I don't see Blizzard relying on cruel parenting tricks just to say this Tuesday "Hahaha gotcha!"
    Long unlive the Forsaken!

holiday week doesn't matter. blizzard has people working everyday.

You said " So tuesday" And he said indeed. NO WHERE Did he say 11/23, Its Blizz's own form of misleading people, I DO think its on 11/23, but he did NOT confirm it, he confirmed the patch would be released on A tuesday
    are you a lawyer or something? loop hole! I agree with you on it being released on 11/23, but i would have never caught that, and would have thought it hilarious if that was actually true

10+ Year Old Account
    such a buzzkill man. I can't see why the gm would do that to some random player unless that player was being a total jerk, which i doubt he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaftyMcShaft View Post
    Metzen: Magic rainbow ponies.
    Developer 2: Brilliant.
    Metzen: That's why they pay me the big bucks.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it was made on a private server. This is unconfirmed.

What makes you think they are going to race home to fix some issues on their holiday? I'm sure I would race home to fix something on my holiday, just kidding I wouldn't. I'd rather push it back a week and do it when all hands are on deck. I like to use logic when thinking things through, it tends to help. Might want to try it sometime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemachina View Post
    You remind me of those commercials where the company tells the little girl she can have a bike, then when she tries to ride it the guy says "No you can only ride it in the yellow square."
    Wouldn't it be great if your parents said, "Honey, we are going to DISNEY LAND!! We are going on tuesday." So tuesday comes along and you say "Hey why are we not going to Disney Land now?" ......"Oh you thought I meant THIS tuesday??? Silly kid, I meant October 11th 2021. Sorry honey, now go mow the lawn and shut up."

Yes he didn't strictly say THIS Tuesday, but I don't see Blizzard relying on cruel parenting tricks just to say this Tuesday "Hahaha gotcha!"
    Not blizz, but GMs.. i got one yesterday told me i cant do AQ chain anymore because npcs,quests and items was removed with 4.0.3 when asking why the satyr was still bugged. I dont think a GM know the 4.0.3a release date. Still i think (or hope :P) it will be next week *cross fingers*

10+ Year Old Account
    As has been said, he never specified a specific tuesday. He merely pointed out common knowledge that it is on a tuesday. Which has been the case since 2004.

10+ Year Old Account

Like i said, they've done it before, and even started rumors that they were speaking in code
    Off topic : I rather like those commercials
    But we don't know, GMs usually aren't allowed to release info like this.. If He was trolling, then A. He needs to change his name from Tradepolice to Tradetrollmcbad B. Not funny.,

Quote Originally Posted by Adeptus View Post
    Why would Blizz release the patch on a Holiday week when most of the employees would be gone, because something going wrong is almost sure to happen. Just the sheer magnitude of the patch alone suggests that it won't be until after Thanksgiving weekend. Not to mention the fact that the Thanksgiving event starts on Sunday.

P.S. It's a GM they don't really know anything, they are hired tech support in-game. They don't get e-mails with updates on what Blizz is working on. How many times have you been lied to by a GM? /thread

They are not going to delay the release of a major content patch simply because some of the people working there may be planning to visit family. Most larger companies have a limit to how many people can take holiday at once so they don't have the entire place completely empty on Christmas for example.

Also, remember that the GM department, the ones who will be getting tickets about the patch, are not just in America, and nobody outside of America really cares about/celebrates Thanksgiving. They have the GM offices in Europe and China as well who wouldn't care about it at all.

And I can't see Blizzard releasing the date of this patch early even though they have never done that before.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Could be implying any Tuesday from now until Dec 7th.

Still think it will be the last Tuesday before Dec 7th, so none of the 7 day free players have much of a chance of playing it. :P

90% sure the GMs think we all now it will be tuesday 11-30 .
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Why wouldn't it be on Tuesday? The only bug I've seen thus far (and I've played since PTR release) are just NPCs floating over the Stormwind park. I'm sure there are others, but nothing major.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailine57 View Post
    such a buzzkill man. I can't see why the gm would do that to some random player unless that player was being a total jerk, which i doubt he was.
    He didnt " Do " Anything to the player.. he just stated a fact everyone who has played wow for more than a week knows, patches on tuesday, did he mention a date? No., Did he say THIS tuesday? no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goulashia View Post
    Could be implying any Tuesday from now until The End of Time.

Still think it will be the last Tuesday before Dec 7th, so none of the 7 day free players have much of a chance of playing it. :P
    Fix'd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebigblue View Post
    are you a lawyer or something? loop hole! I agree with you on it being released on 11/23, but i would have never caught that, and would have thought it hilarious if that was actually true
    Not a lawyer... but if you wanna pay for college i'd be glad to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    Looks like it was made on a private server. This is unconfirmed.
    Parishéalton -- US Black Dragonflight PVP It's in the sewers breh.

Quote Originally Posted by warslaughter View Post
    Plz shootdown peoples hopes more.
    THERE IS NO SANTA CLAUS AND YOU WILL DIE ALONE!

But, yeah. The GM confirms nothing. The GM could also be wrong. It has happened.