Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    This is the 1st in 3 part series I am doing for Prot PVP. I go over my spec glyphs and gear and gemming. Any advice or different specs you all can think of and why shoot it at me.

Spec - http://wowtal.com/#k=ee49yxGA.a8t.paladin.R-UclH

Can I have a link for your UI? unless you made it.

Can I have a link for your UI? unless you made it.

I have a 2 part series somewhere in my videos for my UI anyways here is some 2v2 action in arenas me and an enhance shaman cause well no one else was online

I know I know i back pedal like a pro a few times there lol
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

is that lvl 85 arena or patch 4.0 lvl 80 skirmishes?

Level 85 arenas

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    'Judgement of the Pure' is a mistake, no question about it.

'Seals of the Pure' is more DPS, or you could get better anti-kiting with 'Guardian's Favour' or more burst/healing with 'Rule of Law'.

And the one point in Reckoning needs to go, Seals of the Pure is better for PvP I think.

The Meta Gem is shit, and gem Str/Cri, not Str/Has

Other than that I like it, I am personally having a blast at 80 as Prot, looking forward to level 85
    Last edited by Googolplex; 2010-11-22 at 02:13 AM.

crit levels at 85 dont' seem to matter much I have like 5% crit..

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 04:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    'Judgement of the Pure' is a mistake, no question about it.

'Seals of the Pure' is more DPS, or you could get better anti-kiting with 'Guardian's Favour' or more burst/healing with 'Rule of Law'.

And the one point in Reckoning needs to go, Seals of the Pure is better for PvP I think.

The Meta Gem is shit, and gem Str/Cri, not Str/Has

Other than that I like it, I am personally having a blast at 80 as Prot, looking forward to level 85
    Ok So i gemmed crit/str instead of crit/haste

Lvl 85

Crit - 5.14%
    Weapion Swing - 2.49%

After your change

Crit - 5.47%
    Weapion Swing - 2.50%

Overall it is not a big difference and if anyone is good at math let me know which change is better. Still seems like Crit is extremely weak for me in PVP at 85.

Also for the crit meta it states Requires more Blue gems than other gems

Let me know of a useful blue gem and I will switch it lol

Let me know of a useful blue gem and I will switch it lol
    str/hit
    str/stam

there's two options, one provides survivability while the other provides the ability to reforge hit on gear to crit

Str/stam? heh Ok let me not laugh at that one as a PVP gem please. Haste or Crit would definitely be more worthwhile.
    And in my PVP gear I have all Crit pieces. Which is what is the default on all Paladin pieces. Crit/resil. So that wouldn't work either.

For PVE those 2 are good.

Str/stam? heh Ok let me not laugh at that one as a PVP gem please. Haste or Crit would definitely be more worthwhile.
    And in my PVP gear I have all Crit pieces. Which is what is the default on all Paladin pieces. Crit/resil. So that wouldn't work either.

For PVE those 2 are good.
    you do realise str/stam is absolutely terrible for pve right? and str/hit is only good if you need the hit, if you don't its a waste unless you can reforge efficiently and you need to make a socket bonus. in all seriousness and in no way am I trying to start some kinda flame war or w/e but, that last statement combined with the "I have all crit pieces. which is the default on all paladin pieces." line Im starting to wonder if you actually know how pvp works. first off you need 5% hit in pvp, period you can't argue this. secondly not ALL palaidn pieces are crit/resil as iirc (gonig to check now) there are 2 pieces of paladin set for pvp that have haste resil and mastery resil and theres at LEAST one off set piece with haste.

ok yeah there's only 1 piece of the paladin pvp set with crit/resil on it (link to the paladin pvp set) and if you look here you'll see a wide range of ones that you can pick from (whats actually gonig in game I have no clue) so saying that "default on all paladin pieces" isn't a very good way of stating it. it also make you look dumb since most ret paladins will take haste/resil over crit/resil thanks to Sanctity of Battle.
    Last edited by Alenko; 2010-11-22 at 06:35 AM.

I am well aware how PVP works. My hit pieces are my Sword and Board /Both Rings / Neck / Gloves and that gives me 5.45% Hit.

And yes looking back thay are not all crit/resil 4 are.

My point is simple. Str/Stam is more viable for PVE than PVP. For you to wear the Crit Meta you need more blue pieces than anything else which sucks. And if you are hit cap though gear then I am sure Str/Stam will be perfectly viable.

---------- Post added 2010-11-22 at 07:13 AM ----------

Ok I dug deeper and maxed more here. I reforged all gear with Haste/Hit until I went down to 5.10% hit and replaced it with Crit.

So now with the more crit went from 5.47% crit TO 7.85 which was 426 Crit rating I reforged to my gear.
    Weapon speed went from 2.49 to 2.53.

We see after I do some more Arenas. Btw my next video is going to be me and a dsic vs disc lock and for 6 minutes I kept my own healer as Prot alive through WoG while he was oom for that time span. I think WoG in PVP will make or break how Blizzard changes the ability after you watch the video.
    Last edited by towelliee; 2010-11-22 at 06:40 AM.

I have a paladin sitting at 65, and while I have PvPed before this has been very helpful to me. They have so many abilities to use sometimes it's confusing. Thank you for taking the time to do this!