15+ Year Old Account

Arrow i got a few questions i need help with

im currently running wow on windows vista with 2gig's of ram with a hdmi geforce 9800 gt 1024 mb gddr3 graphics card im haveing some issues with lag on my part when i run 25 men raids compared to 10 where my frame rate is very smooth it seems anytime i run a 25 anything my frame ie feels like lag is slowing me down but im still able to move but not as fast im planning on adding 4 gigs of ram to hopefully help with the issue my question is would this help me out of the slow down in 25 men raids

--also currently getting ready to reapply windows xp

10+ Year Old Account
    Only install XP if you can't get your hands on Windows 7. XP should give you an easy performance boost over Vista seeing as you don't have very much RAM to work with. Also, is your XP 32bit? If it is, it won't recognize any more than ~3gb of RAM.

Few things I need from you:
    1) Your CPU
    2) The resolution you run WoW at
    3) WoW graphics settings you're trying to play at

Reason I'm asking is because I'm also running 2gb RAM. I'm currently running XP 32bit but my small amount of RAM doesn't seem to really affect WoW, I can easily maintain ~30-40 fps during 25mans on the following settings:

And just like you, in 10mans I'm super smooth (80+ fps).
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2010-11-19 at 08:32 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Exit all background applications such as MSN, steam and other.
    The AddOns you use might also effect your FPS, but as above poster said. Tell us what kind of CPU you're running with.

also, you could lower your settings if you already haven't, settings such as shadows and distance rendering can lower your FPS drastically.

This is one of those rare times where adding ram will help you tremendously.
    Could you post your computers full specs?

15+ Year Old Account
    processor AMD sempron (tm) processor le-1200 2.10 ghz

memory was 2 gig's now its 4

system type 32 bit operating system

15+ Year Old Account
    That is a weak processor. Seeing as WoW is CPU-bound, that would be the culprit behind the low FPS you are experiencing
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

15+ Year Old Account
    would a 500 GB harddrive work with my setup

Deleted
    Ofc it would work, just make sure you get the right one, depending on what your motherboard supports; the newer SATA interface, or the older IDE interface.

15+ Year Old Account
    i was wondering with my processor AMD Sempron™ LE-1200 processor can this be up gradded seeing how my graphics card is good and i now have 4 gigs of memory with a new harddrive on the way 1 tb or 500GB if so what would be a good one i could look into

Deleted
    Sempron is *very* outdated, it's worth about 15 euros nowadays (no joke). I don't think it's worth it spending money in this pc, rather wait until you can buy a new one compltely.

1TB or 500GB depends on what you need of course. You buy a HDD if you have a lack of storage space, if that's just a bit 500GB is fine. Yet if you need a lot of space you get 1TB

New hard drive will not get you any performance upgrade. Reading your posts you sound like you think it will. It will have 0 effect on your game. If the 2 gigs of ram didn't make a difference you need a new processor which may or may not require a new motherboard and ram.

Deleted
    I need you to tell me your motherboard so I can determine what will be your choices regarding CPU upgrade. That god-awful Sempron is the thing that needs to be replaced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maick View Post
    I need you to tell me your motherboard so I can determine what will be your choices regarding CPU upgrade. That god-awful Sempron is the thing that needs to be replaced.
    how would i be able to tell what type of mother board i have so i can give u this info

well this looks like what you have this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103195

That being an AM2 processor if you really only want to get a processor and you are dead set on not spend a ton of money on a new system then this is all i could find. without knowing exactly what kind of mobo you have this is the best guess i could throw at you. Maybe the other folks on here could put in their 2 cents

http://www.amazon.com/AMD-ATHLON-100...0285900&sr=1-8
    Personal Rig: AMD FX-8350 / Gigabyte Windforce G1-GAMING GTX 980 / 8-GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600Mhz / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 540 / NZXT Kraken x60

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezrow View Post
    well this looks like what you have this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103195

That being an AM2 processor if you really only want to get a processor and you are dead set on not spend a ton of money on a new system then this is all i could find. without knowing exactly what kind of mobo you have this is the best guess i could throw at you. Maybe the other folks on here could put in their 2 cents

http://www.amazon.com/AMD-ATHLON-100...0285900&sr=1-8

i came across my spec last night forgot to link but here is my tower specs and all
    http://www.emachines.com/products/pr...tml?prod=W3644

i have replaced the video card and memory everthing is stock i would'ent say im not dead on buying a new tower its just if i can get a new cpu that can make wow run good with what i have then o yeah..lol worst case i just gotta get a new tower no biggie

---------- Post added 2010-11-21 at 07:20 AM ----------

i came across a program that gave me a full bio on my tower so i hope this helps with the feedback

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1494563

15+ Year Old Account
    was wondering would this be a good MOBO to run with
    http://www.pricewatch.com/gallery/mo...bos/phenom_720