Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Post Worgen vs Horde...

To start off, this isn't a 'Wahhh Alli pro, Hordie suxks! Blizz hates meh!' thread.

I'm trying to confirm the info I've come across while making an active comparison:

Worgen vs Goblins

From what I can tell, Worgen get Gilneas to start, then it phases to be come a PvP instance or something. Goblins get the Lost Isles before they...Explode?
    Then Worgen go to Duskwood and putz around killing sick bears and moonkin. Goblins on the other hand move to Ashzara, build a city and a big cannon and further the machinations of the Goblin race, while securing their place as contributing members of the Horde.

From what I can tell, the Goblins establish a base for the horde, work together and contribute as a society towards the goals of the Horde.
    From as far as I can see, the Worgen act as nothing more than a 'non Night Elf' coming to Duskwood to quest; so they're nothing more than warm bodies to include in raids...

It just seems a lot more work went into the Goblins and their place in the Horde than the Worgen. I mean you can't even see what becomes of Gilneas and their brethren left behind unless you roll Horde and do the quests with Silvanas, can you?

Worgen vs Horde

Firstly, gotta mention as an Alliance player who loves collecting things, like Mounts to use, and achievements (like Many Mounts, etc...), we get shafted a few mounts since Worgen don't have mounts. Another thing to add to my What do the Worgen rly contribute to the Alliance vs Goblins to Horde argument from before.

Next, Druids.
    Worgen Flight: Bird with a snout and teeth. Troll Flight: Bat! Epic cool!
    Worgen Moonkin: Grey NElf model. Troll Moonkin: Orange NElf model.

So from afar, Worgen look 100% the same at-a-glance as Night Elves, grey and darkish purple being very similar in hue, and both being birds with long faces. Trolls on the other hand get 100% different forms from their druidic counterpart, the Tauren. Bats and NElf Moonkins with the Birds and Tauren Moonkins can be found on the Horde, distinguishing them.

Iunno just seems that a LOT less work went into Worgen than their spiritual Horde counterpart.

Let me just say this is all from stuff I've seen on the forums, I'm not in the beta, and am going to roll Worgen no matter what. I just wanna make sure this is accurate, see if theres any more to contribute (did I miss Alliance Worgen lore that will be able to be found? Troll/Worgen Kitties and Travel and Water and Tree forms?), and just see what you guys think of what I see to be a sizable difference in the amount of content between new Worgen stuff and new Horde stuff.

I seem to recall it being kinda equal, more or less, in BC, between Draenei and Blood Elves...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeosDarkk View Post
    Worgen Moonkin: Grey NElf model. Troll Moonkin: Orange NElf model.
    the worgen flight form looks better than any other form out there, you can't honestly think it looks the same as NE
    I get what you mean, but as im not the lore-kinda guy i couldnt care less, but I see where your coming from
    Have to be glad i just factioned to horde

Have a Nice Day ™...

Deleted
    Firstly, gotta mention as an Alliance player who loves collecting things, like Mounts to use, and achievements (like Many Mounts, etc...), we get shafted a few mounts since Worgen don't have mounts. Another thing to add to my What do the Worgen rly contribute to the Alliance vs Goblins to Horde argument from before.
    I think but dont hold me to this that alliance have always been a few mounts up on Horde anyway. To be honest im really to lazy to go confirm this so i may be wrong

Also there fricking werewolves

We get werewolves... they get green gnomes. I can see where the lack of worgen mounts would be upsetting to alliance mount collectors though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    wonder what'll happen with your goblin mounts when u faction change ur goblin > worgen.. they'll just be.. gone?!?!

Have a Nice Day ™...

when people talk about the "lack of effort" blizzard put into the worgen vs. goblins, and then go on to talk about how the lack of a worgen mount contributes to their evidence regarding this "equal effort" mentality, it just blows my mind; no doubt it was harder to implement a no-mount mount than to just make another mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Damson View Post
    I think but dont hold me to this that alliance have always been a few mounts up on Horde anyway. To be honest im really to lazy to go confirm this so i may be wrong
    Except they haven't since Wrath and the removal of weight/race restrictions. Horde and alliance have the same amount of mounts now, give or take MAYBE one or two (which atm I can't find or think of any that Alli have that Horde do not have a counterpart to).

edit: also I disagree. Worgen non-mount mount is a pretty cool concept. Yeah it kind of sucks we don't get another racial mount to add to our collection, but not like Blizzard's going to be like, "Oh we're going to give Alliance 148 mounts and Horde 150 and then we're going to put this achievement in to get 150 mounts" so. I don't see a problem with it. Plus it'd be weird putting dogs on animals to ride.

Worgen look quite nice; and after all the effort they've been putting into female worgen (which hopefully makes it decent), can't say I agree that Alliance were at all cheated with races. I mean, horde get green gnomes. whoopdee doo.
    Last edited by Willelm; 2010-11-19 at 09:36 AM.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

While they worgen may not seem as in depth as goblins, the fact is they are god damn werewolves. Alliance get werewolves as a race. Werewolves have been cool forever. Who cares if Twilight made them stupid, they've always been cool. If Blizzard also made them the best race in terms of everything, it would look like favoritism.

No matter if you like worgen or not, if you went up to a stranger and said "Hey, you can be a werewolf or a goblin" they would probably say werewolf.

As a horde player who isn't going to transfer anytime soon as I'm an officer in the top raid guild on my server, I can say I'm a bit jealous. I'm thankful to blizzard though for at least making goblins very cool with what they put into them. I still kinda wish we had werewolves on our side though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Willelm View Post
    Except they haven't since Wrath and the removal of weight/race restrictions. ).
    That was better for Alliance players overall compared to horde

1 horde race got access to new mounts

3 Ally races got access to new mounts
    on a side note dont Goblins only have 2 mounts?

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 09:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemon View Post
    No matter if you like worgen or not, if you went up to a stranger and said "Hey, you can be a werewolf or a goblin" they would probably say werewolf.
    I'd run away screaming tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Damson View Post
    That was better for Alliance players overall compared to horde

1 horde race got access to new mounts

3 Ally races got access to new mounts
    on a side note dont Goblins only have 2 mounts?

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 09:35 AM ----------

I'd run away screaming tbh
    Point still stands, Horde whining about having less mounts than Alliance isn't remotely true now.

Also yeah I think they just get two tricycles. Ickle little greenies, gonna be so cuuuuuuute!!

edit: omg they can be elves for christmas!!!
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

lore freaks thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if Worgen were exposed to Kaja'mite they would be able to build societies and make new allegiances. Too bad they are the result of Arugal and Fenrus. Gilneas was just a quarantined zone of cowards. Just humans hiding away from the rest of the world. Worgen just run around the forest, chasing their tail, peeing on trees and assaulting farmers. Now that they can wield a sword and put on clothes... nothing really to add.

To start off, this isn't a 'Wahhh Alli pro, Hordie suxks! Blizz hates meh!' thread.

I'm trying to confirm the info I've come across while making an active comparison:

Worgen vs Goblins

From what I can tell, Worgen get Gilneas to start, then it phases to be come a PvP instance or something. Goblins get the Lost Isles before they...Explode?
    Then Worgen go to Duskwood and putz around killing sick bears and moonkin. Goblins on the other hand move to Ashzara, build a city and a big cannon and further the machinations of the Goblin race, while securing their place as contributing members of the Horde.

From what I can tell, the Goblins establish a base for the horde, work together and contribute as a society towards the goals of the Horde.
    From as far as I can see, the Worgen act as nothing more than a 'non Night Elf' coming to Duskwood to quest; so they're nothing more than warm bodies to include in raids...

It just seems a lot more work went into the Goblins and their place in the Horde than the Worgen. I mean you can't even see what becomes of Gilneas and their brethren left behind unless you roll Horde and do the quests with Silvanas, can you?

You are correct. As someone who is in the beta, Goblins (and the horde in general) are getting far more out of Cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrolight View Post
    You are correct. As someone who is in the beta, Goblins (and the horde in general) are getting far more out of Cata.
    Your getting garrosh as a leader :s

The goblins got a new zone to level in Azshara to even out a faction imbalance. Right now, the Horde's 10-20 zone of the Barrens is shared by 3 races, the Orcs, Trolls and Tauren, Silverpine for the Forsaken, and Ghostlands for the Blood elves.
    Alliance currently has Westfall for the humans, Dun-Morogh for Dwarves and Gnomes, Darkshore/Ashenvale for Night Elves, and Bloodmyst Isle for the Draenei.
    One less for the Horde, so they evened that out by revamping Azshara into a new 10-20 leveling zone.

You are complaining about mounts? Man, your werewofs run on all 4s like they are supposed to. You want them mounting some boar? This isn't discovery channel.

Plus you get a kickass lion we get a bug with a tail, so shh.

" Plus it'd be weird putting dogs on animals to ride."

Because cows on mounts makes more sense....

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Goblins are the kinda race that can build. And tbh there was a place for something to be build in Azshara, there was almost nothing there. All the Alliance zones that are nearby Stormwind have Alliance bases, camps, etc. so there is no need for something to be build. And I really don't think Worgens are the kind that build houses imho.

According to the druid flight forms, well, I like both Worgen and Troll ones. They really are unique for the races and look really cool. I recommend you play your Worgen character and have fun. Just don't think you got downed just because you play Worgen, because they didn't get the "supercool" druid forms.

Deleted
    Erm, actually I've talked to quite a few people who were going to roll a troll druid but after seeing the flight form they dropped that idea - it's just so hideously awful looking low texture mess. I'd rather use a normal mount than that.. awful, awful contraption.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgank View Post
    You are complaining about mounts? Man, your werewofs run on all 4s like they are supposed to. You want them mounting some boar? This isn't discovery channel.

Plus you get a kickass lion we get a bug with a tail, so shh.
    I want to see this strange wolf/boar mating ritual, and the mutation it creates...

O'wait!
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)