Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unsealed Chest Items for sale.

I'm currently taking offers on the 5 vanity items from the Unsealed Chest you receive after completing the Shadowmourne Questline. All 5 are for sale, you can throw me in-game mail or a private tell. The items are located on Burning Blade realm. Serious Inquires Only to Suprahs - Burning Blade

Jaina's Locket- SOLD
    Sylvanas's Music Box- SOLD
    Last edited by bloodless14r; 2010-11-20 at 02:45 AM.

Burning Blade EU or US?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Deleted
    Share them with your guildies instead! You would'nt have gotten the Chest without them! :>

I pugged the entire questline.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    Share them with your guildies instead! You would'nt have gotten the Chest without them! :>
    Why would you do that ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Droeslol View Post
    Why would you do that ?
    That's why.

That's why.
    And this is why he wouldn't
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodless14r View Post
    I pugged the entire questline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Deleted
    Oh, didnt see that! End of my discussion! xD

And btw, its really good to pug that questline, on my server = Impossible

That's why.
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
    .........................,/...............................................”:,........
    .....................,?......................................................\,.....
    .................../...........................................................,}....
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
    .............../...................................................,:”........./.....
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

sorry just had to now that i've found it

please dont band me mods

i can't believe that just happened.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pugging legenderies.

What's legendery about that?...

*not intended as an insult to the op but more aimed at blizzard*
    Last edited by nalle; 2010-11-19 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    Pugging legenderies.

What's legendery about that?...

*not intended as an insult to the op but more aimed at blizzard*
    its slightly debatable, but for me personally its the by far easiest to get legendary.
    Of course, if you were insanely lucky and you got your glaive(s) on your first illindan kill, your thoridal on your first kj kill or the bindings in one run, you were insanely lucky and there is probably that one guy out there that got that lucky.
    However, for the majority, legendaries have been a "hard to get item".
    Lets take a look at Shadowmourne on the contrary

1)Get Shadows Edge:
    When ICC came out, this was a gold sink, but even 6 months ago it was obtainable fairly cheap.

2)The bloods:
    "Every" pug can get them. Granted not in week one back then, but with the 30% buff (which is present for months now), it was fairly easy to get that done. Obtionally you could have bought them for some gold

3) The souls:
    Can be done by repgrinding in one of the numerous pugs out there that did so for them rings

4) The 3 quests:
    The only remotely "challenging" part. On the server where my main is on, we have several premade pugs, that were on 11/12 hm 25 for months now and beeing in one of them (given the fact you are not full of shit and know what you do) wasn't that hard. With one of those groups, those quests are no challenge whatsoever. Even in a normal mode pug, these quests weren't hard at all.

5) Lastly the shards:
    1,5-2 months average grind in a decent clear, or worst case 2 shards per week in a 4/12 pug = 25 weeks from there. Note, these 25 weeks are the worst of the worst case scenario.

Conclusion:
    For me personally, the flaw is that it doesnt require you to atleast kill LK even once. Granted, in ulduar times it was easier with 5 different difficulty levels of Yogg, but still, not requiring the final boss of that raidtier is flawed design. Hence, for me it was the by far easiest obtainable legendary ever.
    For the record, i do own a thoridal, but Im farming MC for almost 4 years now and i have not seen the garr binding drop once.
    Granted, rng is a bitch, but what makes an item "epic/legendary for you" ? For me it is that it is/was hard to get and you had to put in alot of effort to get it, which is not the case for Shadowmourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

The thing about the axe not requiring you to kill Arthas is lore-based: you forge the axe as a counter to Frostmourne, it wouldn't make sense that you have to kill Arthas to forge an axe to help you kill Arthas.

As for the obtaining of it, the problem most people found is that because it was all quested, everything was guaranteed - other legendaries (Val'anyr aside) have all been about getting lucky, whereas Shadowmourne is the first one where YOU were in control of everything you did to get it - no countless runs of MC for the Eye/Bindings, no luck required on Illidan/KJ, it's all down to the effort you put in. If you think about Sulfuras, apart from the Eye itself, there is no difficulty if you're clearing MC each week. The Eye doesn't make it difficult though, it makes it RANDOM. To me, random is not legendary.

And in fact I'd say that Shadowmourne requires you to put the MOST effort in, since no other legendary had as many things to do as Shadowmourne. The only difference is that you didn't have to rely on luck to get it, unlike almost every other legendary.

Deleted
    Lol, not gonna spend 70k gold so close to cataclysm. I wouldn't spend 70k on a vanity item in the 1st place anyway. :P

3/10 but good effort none the less.

Whether it's hard or not, it doesn't matter. The point here is that the OP made one of the best business transactions ever (Buying and/or getting lucky with bloods then doing the infusions), and is now ~350k richer because of it. Very smart OP, I'm hoping to finish my own Smourne in cata for this very same reason, my only regret is that I didn't do the quests sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Quote Originally Posted by zylya View Post
    The thing about the axe not requiring you to kill Arthas is lore-based: you forge the axe as a counter to Frostmourne, it wouldn't make sense that you have to kill Arthas to forge an axe to help you kill Arthas.

As for the obtaining of it, the problem most people found is that because it was all quested, everything was guaranteed - other legendaries (Val'anyr aside) have all been about getting lucky, whereas Shadowmourne is the first one where YOU were in control of everything you did to get it - no countless runs of MC for the Eye/Bindings, no luck required on Illidan/KJ, it's all down to the effort you put in. If you think about Sulfuras, apart from the Eye itself, there is no difficulty if you're clearing MC each week. The Eye doesn't make it difficult though, it makes it RANDOM. To me, random is not legendary.

And in fact I'd say that Shadowmourne requires you to put the MOST effort in, since no other legendary had as many things to do as Shadowmourne. The only difference is that you didn't have to rely on luck to get it, unlike almost every other legendary.
    While i do see where you are coming from. Legendaries are also items that are supposed to be rare, and not everyone and their grandma having one (like currently SM).
    We have more SMs in the guild than we had glaives in tbc (single ones, not even going to count it vs glaive pairs). If you go around in Dalaran, you see that black aura thingy everywhere. This disqualifies it imo from beeing a legendary, when almost everyone that can weild one, has one. Yes RNG per se is not a measurement of legendary, but it makes items rare, which then makes them "more" legendary.
    If you grind for some item for ages, because it was really hard for you to obtain it, you will remember it. This for sure is not the case with shadowmourne (as pointed out above). You can RNG your way to the shard collection within a week and then its another 1.5 >2 months till you will get a legendary item guaranteed. Usually, i would be fine if it would be a hard epic item to obtain(think quel dalar which ofc was easier), but not getting an orange item from start to finish in 2months guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

I will just do it on my DK alt at level 85. These items should be raid bound or something.

Um.. go on your server forums its a LOT more effective than going on a community forum since its specific to your server..