Bilgewater Rep in 4.0.3a

Hi,

does anybody (with 4.0.3a PTR experience) know if we are able to buy the bilgewater tabard with 4.0.3a? And if so, are we able to grind rep with them prior to cataclysm release? And in which dungeons (level appropriate?)?

(Couldn't find anything via search so hope this wasn't asked before)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vreid View Post
    Hi,

does anybody (with 4.0.3a PTR experience) know if we are able to buy the bilgewater tabard with 4.0.3a? And if so, are we able to grind rep with them prior to cataclysm release? And in which dungeons (level appropriate?)?

what's Bilgewater tabard?
    and i assume you can do the quests in azshara for rep ?

You can buy and wear tabards for each city which will give you rep while doing dungeons (like Argent Crusade, Kirin Tor). And there are some low level rewards. The question is if you need to do level appropriate dungeons (mobs must give xp) to earn rep.

FYI: Bilgewater is the goblin horde faction.

Deleted
    Im gonna check it now for you, faction change ftw

Edit: after 5 edits, Ive found him he sells them, and hes near fly master!
    Last edited by mmoc6976f30cf4; 2010-11-19 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    Im gonna check it now for you, faction change ftw

Edit: after 5 edits, Ive found him he sells them, and hes near fly master!
    Thanks for checking, but that i knew from beta. The question is if you can use it to fram rep after 4.0.3a but prior to cata launch.

Deleted
    I would have assumed as it's goblin faction that you wouldn't be able to do it until cata as technically it's a new faction introduced with cata... Would possibly be the same if there was a wogen faction, although you can't do the starting area quests on either as they're all phased..

I would assume that you get neutral with them as soon as you talk to one of them in the gobbo quarter. I though asking here would spare me from going on the PTR myself^^

Ehm you can't buy a tabard for undercity..
    At least I have not found that one. but feel free to tell me if i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by S@thi View Post
    Ehm you can't buy a tabard for undercity..
    At least I have not found that one. but feel free to tell me if i'm wrong.
    You looked near the flight master in undercity? Should be there altough on beta i only checked Tauren, Orc and Goblin quartermaster.

you do build bilgewater rep doing quests in 4.03a tested it in PTR. I don't see any reason y tabard couldn't be bought. Remember unless goblin 1-15 starter off bound due to phasing, and as goblin once done 1-15 starter areas can't go back they are phased areas like dk starter zone.

On the ptr you start at friendly with bilgewater. I tried RFC with my level 80 and you get 3 rep per mob and 60 per boss. Also the quests that you get there give horde rep that spills over to bilgewater. I have yet to try level 80 dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vreid View Post
    Hi,

Yeah the Bilgwater vendor was right by the flight master in Org. She's easy to spot because she's hanging out in her goblin racial mount.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9342/...1710221641.jpg - right on the other side of that catcus where the lock is standing.

Yes you can gain rep in patch 4.0.3a just tried wearing the tabard and going to RFC

10+ Year Old Account
    I am confused. Is this confirmation you can buy/wear the tabard in 4.03A?
    And this rep gain, is it for all dungeons? or dungeons where you could get experience?
    Lastly does that mean that the trike is buyable in 4.03A?
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

ALL of the city vendors are next to their citys flight master , not hard t ofind , and you can wear them at any lvl males anylvl 1 look better while lvling in horde or undercity tabard

---------- Post added 2010-11-20 at 04:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    I am confused. Is this confirmation you can buy/wear the tabard in 4.03A?
    And this rep gain, is it for all dungeons? or dungeons where you could get experience?
    Lastly does that mean that the trike is buyable in 4.03A?
    yes yes and yes , i talked to the bike vendor he says i need to be exalted
    "lol uh oh , spelling correction, the sure sign someone is losing an argument "

Is there a runecloth quest for Bilgewater Rep?
    /l、
    (゚、 。 7  Tremble at the might of the LICH KITTY!!!
     l、 ~ヽ  . 
     じしl_, )ノ

cloth turn ins are gone from the game it seems, sort of sad about that.

Seems the only way to get rep is to do 1-60 dungeons, maybe 60-70 (didn't work on ptr though), 80 heroics don't work on live.

I'm hoping the cata ones work, otherwise this is really pretty lame and a slap in the face to level 80s.

---------- Post added 2010-11-24 at 05:48 AM ----------

they're gonna hot fix it so the tabards work in wrath heroics.

That this is a 'surprise' to them is pure BS though, it was well reported on the PTR for 4.03a in multiple threads on the PTR forum.

I'm also cranky because troll druids might not get bat form until dec. 7th. I still <3 my moonkin form.

tabarda and rep

as of 4.0.3a (live)

you can build rep by wearing a tabard in *almost* any instance. i'm 80 wearing bilgewater tabard in the monastary to grind faction right now.

some instances do NOT grant faction gain, and this seems to be independant of level. (spawned mobs that can respawn without reset do not appear to give rep). I have personally confirmed:
    RFC, RFK, ST, SM, BFD, Undead Strat, Living Strat, Deadmines.
    What i can confirm does NOT work:
    Direbrew Tavern, Sethekk Halls, "The Rookery"
    Direbrew Tavern and The Rookery are spawns and SH is lower city rep

*I have not done other Outland or Northrend dungeons with the Tabard, so I can neither confirm nor deny*

ALL factions have a tabard

Bilgewater, Darkspear, Orgrimar:
    Near the Flight Master. The Bilgewater rep is sitting on a trike

Undercity:
    Next to the Flight Master

Thunder Bluff:
    At the top of the tower, again right next to the Flight Master

*edit: tense and disclaimer. all edits are surrounded with asterisks*
    Last edited by ashamancurtis; 2010-11-28 at 06:28 PM.

Once the tabard is equipped and the dungeon you are running is level appropriate you will begin to gain rep with the tabard it corresponds too. To answer the question as to if it is doable in 4.0.3a - Yes.