Internet Explorer 9

So, anyone else tried it out? I think it's pretty good and Microsoft seems to be able to get back on the Web Browser front. I'm looking forward to the final release sometime next year and would like to know how the rest of you feel about it. If you've tried it, would you change it for your current browser or not? And why?
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

Deleted
    Imo, still crap. They might support the latest technologies now, but like in the past, new things will come out, and 2 years later Microsoft will support it...Just stick with Firefox

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Magekíd View Post
    Imo, still crap. They might support the latest technologies now, but like in the past, new things will come out, and 2 years later Microsoft will support it...Just stick with Firefox
    Implying everyone who doesn't use IE uses firefox? D:

IMO IE9 is a huge step up for Microsoft. For those luddites in your family who don't understand that they can get 'the internet' with programs other than Internet Explorer, I wouldn't have any problem seeing a computer with just IE9. It's still slower than the rest but... barely noticable in real world browsing. Plus, with how IE has always been well integrated into Windows, mass deployment will be a little easier on the stomach knowing 1000+ corporate machines are getting a browser that's fairly usable now.

That being said, I don't use it as a primary browser (I use Opera), but I do find it handy for Outlook Web Access, and I have been testing out 64bit Flash on it while watching hockey in the evening.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sticking with firefox.

The IE Beta is definately a huge improvement. It is very fast, but still some of the security feature addons that Firefix has.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've tried it. I'll stick with Chrome.

Deleted
    It's great news, since it'll improve the overall quality and experience for the avarage user, and since it's a standard, there'll be better applications for companies using it as a base.

I'll still stick with Firefox, though. Never had good experiences with Opera.

I use chrome. I have it installed for those websites you have to use IE for thats about it. Better for sure but chrome is the truth.

Firefox 4.0 has everything that I need from a browser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posted from Firefox v3.6.12

Thanks, but no thanks Microsoft.

Firefox is just way too awesome. Even if the actual functionality of IE catches up, I'm pretty sure it still won't have addons. At least not as easy to acquire and well supported.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave it an honest try. I just still don't like it. I guess it's my fault for only using Firefox over the years and just getting so attached to its feel. While IE9 does look like they made some major changes in the right direction I still am sticking with Firefox.

Deleted
    I read that it's going to use more of your graphics card to increase all around performance which sounds nice.
    Although I have no idea wether or not the other browsers out there are using something similiar.
    I'm currently using Firefox and Opera.

Deleted
    Firefox and Chrome both have GPU assisted acceleration, for Firefox it's in the 4.x beta and for Chrome it's in the -dev channel versions.

As for Internet Explorer, no thanks. Then again I don't usually use Windows at all.

Sure, IE9 is a great step compared to IE8, but Chrome still wins the battle for me. So does Firefox.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pfft.. never again will I use IE. Google Chrome has me on lockdown.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests