Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    seeing how there are servers yet to kill heroic LK on 25 or even ten.... he might just be around till 5.3 or /inc faceroll boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarionSilver View Post
    Me thinks you don't understand how patch numbers work and what is being said.
    I don't think you understand how the story works. One would think that Arthas didn't die the second the doors of ICC were broken open. One would think that patch 3.3 ending signified Arthas' death seeing as the story progressed once patch 4.0 came out.

Think before you post, people. Kthx.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    Probably he'll die in 4.3 and that's when he'll stop.

I think this is an awesome idea, btw - nice to know he's not like Arthas, just chilling on the FT watching Jersey Shore or soemthing
    hey, maybe arthas wanted some tips on how to get his GTL on, or maybe he wants a piece of snooki.

Deleted
    Me thinks you don't understand how patch numbers work and what is being said.

Let me give you an example. We are now in patch 4.0.3 to prepare for Cataclysm. Lich King was released in patch 3.3 (if I recall correctly). He died in the same patch. That said, Deathwing will be released in a 4.X patch and die in a 4.X patch, well before we hit the 5.X patches for the next expansion. Same with with patch 3.0 and Illidan.

That all said, a Blue stated that Deathwing will fly around toasting zones until he is killed for the first time on your Realm. Plenty of time.
    Can you provide a link to that blue statement? I highly doubt we'll have a dragon toasting Azeroth for 1 year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    One of Azeroth’s oldest adversaries will soon tear through the Elemental Plane to reforge the world in flame, but this foe won’t be conducting his reign of terror from the confines of a castle or lair. Deathwing is a destructive force the likes of which adventurers have yet to see in World of Warcraft, and his appetite for devastation can only be satisfied by the shattering of the world. Following his explosive escape from Deepholm, Deathwing will cast a deadly shadow over the people of Azeroth as he wreaks indiscriminate havoc across the land.

Once free to terrorize the world, Deathwing will randomly choose territories in Azeroth to attack each day until his ruinous reign is brought to an end. A blackened sky will be the only warning before every living creature caught in his approach is consumed by his terrible fire. The unfortunate victims of his malice will receive a rare Feat of Strength... as well as a repair bill and corpse run.

When Deathwing returns, you'd best keep your eyes on the skies.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...wing-is-coming

thanks, that clears it up.

<Random NPC> yells: DEATHWING! FLEE!
    <Nahion, Level 80 Druid> yells: DEATHWING! FINALLY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    I don't think you understand how the story works. One would think that Arthas didn't die the second the doors of ICC were broken open. One would think that patch 3.3 ending signified Arthas' death seeing as the story progressed once patch 4.0 came out.

Think before you post, people. Kthx.
    Uh no, not really.

ICC was a gated instance, so he did not die the second the doors opened, did he? We're not talking directly about story line, are we? While it is connected to patch numbers and progression you are missing the point.

Deathwing will stop roasting zones once he is first defeated by the players on your specific realm, thus killing him. At that point the achievement will no longer be obtainable. Deathwing will be killed by players during the same patch he is released in.

Your statement seems to imply you don't think people will kill Deahtwing until the prepatch for the new expansion (5.X) comes out. I wasn't aware it took people 'till patch 4.0.1 to first kill Arthas, or 3.0.1 to kill Illidan.

Think before you post. Kkthx.

Edit:

Also, keep in mind that real world time does not apply to Warcraft universe. Thus arguing storyline and patch numbers is ridiculous. According to Lore, we have been in Northrend for four years. In reality, the time span between when WotLK was released and when Cataclysm shall be released is only two years.

From my understanding, Deathwing destroys the world shortly after the defeat of Arthas. Whether or not that timeframe matches in our time is irrelevant. The patch numbers are there to keep content organized, not give a timeline of the Warfract universe.
    Last edited by LunarionSilver; 2010-11-19 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he stays up until the realm first Deathwing kill, kind of like the fountain in dalaran doesn't show up until realm first LK kill.

Deleted
    Fanx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoma View Post
    I think he stays up until the realm first Deathwing kill, kind of like the fountain in dalaran doesn't show up until realm first LK kill.
    That's how I understand it as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taran111 View Post
    <Random NPC> yells: DEATHWING! FLEE!
    <Nahion, Level 80 Druid> yells: DEATHWING! FINALLY!
    hehe good one ;D

also thx for this blue post LunarionSilver