Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Disastrophe View Post
    Well I can say certainly for myself, and probably for others: if you're going to correct someone, at least do it to where you look like you know what you're talking about. No caps, hardly any punctuation, and 'accepted shortened forms' portray you as either a less smart individual, a very young individual, or a careless individual. All of whom I know I could couldn't care less to take advice from.
    caps are a waste of time; everyone knows what u mean anyway
    my punctuation is fine; i put commas and periods wherever they were needed
    I dont think u go around saying "National Aeronautics and Space Administration," instead of saying "NASA"

With an even slightly not idiotic healer I can chain pull heroics *in frost spec and ICC 25 N/H gear* and clear instances in sub-15 minutes. Spamming howling blast means I'm usually pulling in the neighborhood of 13k DPS on trash packs of 4 mobs or so. While tanking. Taking an easily healable amount of damage.

TL;DR, Tank geared tanks are pretty much absolete for WoTLK heroics at this point. You simply don't need them. (The exception being the ICC 5 mans, those mobs simply hit too hard as far as I can tell).

I wah-wah-wah-wah wonnnnder.

Deleted
    First of all : you're + we're. Your english skills are probably close to your wow skills.

If you think that this late in the expansion where clothies can pretty much tank anything else other than the icc5mans it's ok to wait for a slow tank, then you probably are one of those "casuals". Not actual casuals that can play, but you know what i mean.

Also cata will be easy, pros will play with pros, and the lfd will be left for alts and those who can't play for <happy words>. You seem to like being a <happy words>.
    Last edited by mmoc09d4c6aaa6; 2010-11-19 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skillol210 View Post
    First of all : you're + were. Your english skills are probably close to your wow skills.
    "were" is the past tense of "are," which is a form of "is," is not the same as we're, which is a contraction of "we are," moron.

if u are going to insult someone, u should at least make sure that u are correct.

Deleted
    My bad bro, i didn't actually quote his initial post so i remembered it wrong after reading all that was posted. It is indeed we're, i know that thanks. You can take your "moron" though and stick it up you know where. XoXo.

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    Ok so i had to post this here because the mmo-champ has more people with common sense then the wow forums.

so i was in a group with a DK and a Spriest, resto shammy, me the mage, and a orc warrior tank. The tank was under geared, we downed first boss no problem, then the DK starts pulling for the tank. I promptly tell the DK to stop pulling your not the tank. So his response is "Tanks going to slow, this place is easy, stop nerd raging.". im like nerd raging?? YOUR not tank so YOUR not supposed to be tanking. then he goes into a tangent about how where all bads ECT. needless to say we vote kicked him. i told him before he left that no one wants to group with a person with that attitude, and come cata you will wipe the group if you body pull like that. hes response? "Psh nab kata will b ez". what makes people think they cn get away with any little thing they want in LFG. do stupid things, and except not to get votekicked?
    I hate tanks that pulls so damn freaking slow when i could SOLO the damn instance. I'm supporting the Dk here 100%. Whats the problem with him pulling if it doesn't make you wipe because the instances are so damn easy? You just have that attitude "tanks pulls no matter what".

My bad bro, i didn't actually quote his initial post so i remembered it wrong after reading all that was posted. It is indeed we're, i know that thanks. You can take your "moron" though and stick it up you know where. XoXo.
    Quack like a duck, and don't be surprised when you get shot at.

When i do HC's on my Rogue (almost never?) i do all the tanking.

When i do HC's on my priest i don't rly care who is tanking, i could keep an undergeared mage up tanking a boss..

So why bother? let the DK tank if hes faster and you'll have the HC done in a jiffy, dont bother lecturing ppl how Cata HC's will be, they will learn in time

first off the attitude of most of the responses is extremely worrisome for cataclysm where tanks will need to tank and dps will need to behave themselves. Too many people have got into bad habits and there are going to be a ton of wipes in cata.
    Secondly, your attitude to the tank just makes that person feel insignificant. Ever think of that? no. Unless you have a train to catch, which you dont, (otherwise you wouldnt be playing a video game) stop trying to play the game at a hundred miles an hour. Or maybe you should sign up for tanking when you queue. Hell you will get in faster.
    This person decided to sign up for tanking, not you, so keep the fuck away from the mobs till he pulls. Douches.

my bad as well, i thought u were insulting me, not someone else lol.

Deleted
    When I tank on my alts in heroics, I don't mind if DPS pull aggro cos it's normally not a problem these days, even for a clothie, saying that, they usually don't get aggro and I move pretty quickly anyway. One thing that does piss me off no end tho' is when DPS run on ahead starting to dps other packs when the stuff I have at the moment isn't even halfway dead yet.

I certainly wouldn't rage and vote kick them tho' if they died, I'd just lol while they ran in, as I'd be chain pulling. They best hope the healer gets OOC or has a BR.

Yeah, it will be a different story in Cata, but now is now.

Quote Originally Posted by ozreece View Post
    first off the attitude of most of the responses is extremely worrisome for cataclysm where tanks will need to tank and dps will need to behave themselves. Too many people have got into bad habits and there are going to be a ton of wipes in cata.
    Secondly, your attitude to the tank just makes that person feel insignificant. Ever think of that? no. Unless you have a train to catch, which you dont, (otherwise you wouldnt be playing a video game) stop tanking. Or maybe you should sign up for tanking when you queue. Hell you will get in faster.
    This person decided to sign up for tanking, not you, so keep the fuck away from the mobs till he pulls. Douches.
    often people who shouldnt be queuing as tanks do queue as a tank so that they get faster queues. you blame the dps for not queueing as a tank and possibly screwing over ur group? i believe that it is a common courtesy to get at least a 4k gs before u start tanking. anywhere before that is a waste of the group's time and effort.

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 08:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    When I tank on my alts in heroics, I don't mind if DPS pull aggro cos it's normally not a problem these days, even for a clothie, saying that, they usually don't get aggro and I move pretty quickly anyway. One thing that does piss me off no end tho' is when DPS run on ahead starting to dps other packs when the stuff I have at the moment isn't even halfway dead yet.

I certainly wouldn't rage and vote kick them tho' if they died, I'd just lol while they ran in, as I'd be chain pulling. They best hope the healer gets OOC or has a BR.

Yeah, it will be a different story in Cata, but now is now.
    i never pull when there is still a pack alive, that is just pointless, dps should only pull if the tank is just standing there with his thumb up his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Xicor View Post
    often people who shouldnt be queuing as tanks do queue as a tank so that they get faster queues. you blame the dps for not queueing as a tank and possibly screwing over ur group? i believe that it is a common courtesy to get at least a 4k gs before u start tanking. anywhere before that is a waste of the group's time and effort.
    Im not encouraging under geared dps to queue as tanks. just the ones who think they are shit hot like the frost dk who says he rolls heroics in 15mins with his x dps howling blasts etc. He should queue as tank if he wants to get in faster.

Quote Originally Posted by grevlinghore View Post
    I actually think the DK has a point, the content is easy, and If he´s gonna pull aggro thats fine as long as he can handle it right?
    Exactly this. The content is retarded easy, and with me being the healer in the group, I like it when a non-tank 'tanks' because I actually have to do something.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like that DK are just wrong. I never started aggroing before the tank no matter how slow he was. That's his job to do. Mine is to help take down the boss or mobs down faster (or heal, depends on my spec).

Quote Originally Posted by ozreece View Post
    Im not encouraging under geared dps to queue as tanks. just the ones who think they are shit hot like the frost dk who says he rolls heroics in 15mins with his x dps howling blasts etc. He should queue as tank if he wants to get in faster.
    i prefer that dps queue as dps... that being said, i prefer a geared dps tanking over a shitty tank.
    Nothing worse than a dps queuing as a tank to get in faster and then saying "anyone here a tank?" At this point i would say "u queued as a tank, so go tank"

Quote Originally Posted by enzo View Post
    People like that DK are just wrong. I never started aggroing before the tank no matter how slow he was. That's his job to do. Mine is to help take down the boss or mobs down faster (or heal, depends on my spec).
    And if taking down the boss/mobs faster means having to pull them so they can be burned down because the tank is sitting there wanking? It's still faster than waiting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by enzo View Post
    i feel sorry for u, since ur dungeons probably take 30min, rather than the requisite 15

Quote Originally Posted by Lilena View Post
    Meh If I was the healer if someone other then the tank pulls i let them die.
    In this case that doesn't really work b/c if the DK knew half what he was doing he doesn't actually need to be healed by a healer (freakin' DK's).

I get annoyed with this from people too. Seems like some people just have the mentality that everyone should be geared up in ICC gear now and know all the heroics fights frontwards and backwards. they forget there are some people who are just hitting 80 now for the first time, some people lvl'ing alts, etc. Personally I prefer a slightly overly cautious tank than one who is overzealous. Far fewer wipes are caused by a cautious tank. Anyways, these people won't change and dps is a dime a dozen in heroics so vote them out an replace. Easy peasy