Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    If the DK wants to tank, when choosing their roll for a random group, CHOOSE TANKING and quit trying to be a pushy jerk wasting people's time by selecting DPS. No group likes idiots like that, unless it's their own friends or guild mates of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Nietzsche
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

Yes, WotLK is easy. I can mage tank most 5 mans, sometimes even without heals. But if I am going to do that, I LET EVERYONE KNOW. It's so easy to just say something. If you want everyone to speed up, ask them to. If you want to tank, ask if you can. If the healer sucks, ask him if you need to slow down. Communication, such a simple thing can solve so many problems in WoW if used properly.

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingcooKiljaeden View Post
    Yes, WotLK is easy. I can mage tank most 5 mans, sometimes even without heals. But if I am going to do that, I LET EVERYONE KNOW. It's so easy to just say something. If you want everyone to speed up, ask them to. If you want to tank, ask if you can. If the healer sucks, ask him if you need to slow down. Communication, such a simple thing can solve so many problems in WoW if used properly.
    i often tell the tanks to speed up before i start pulling. and i often tell everyone that if he doesnt start pulling faster that i will pull. i still often get booted anyway. though there is no difference between me pulling and me taking aggro immediately following the pull aside from speed. the problem is that most tanks who pull slowly do so because they are retarded, not because they were waiting for permission to pull faster. Often we get booted just for telling the tank to speed up, because our "attitude sucks," not like attitude matters at all in a dungeon, there is just success, failure, and speed of run.

I've done that as a lock for all wotlk ... everything worked out ... faster.

Deleted
    You see, the thing about these here interwebz it that you can be a complete arse and then just dissapear!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Holyforce, i hope i never get grouped with a person like you when queing lfd. The dk is trying to improve the speed of the group making the isntance being done faster.
    AND YOU VOTEKICK HIM??!?!?!
    Why whould you let an undergeard (he had lvl 70gear or what?) tank slowing down the run wehn you could have an overgeard dps dk do the job? he will keep aggro better making you and the 3rd dps being able to dps allout instead of having to watch treath meter.
    Human sense...tingling...
    You´re a dk who does that aren´t you?

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 11:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    This guy can reroll a toon named Floorsauce... lol
    PLease may I take it? Awesome name :3

when some of you people do randoms in cata im just going to LOL from a tank who tank'ed at the start of BC and knows what its like to have a overzelous dps or a idot who breaks cc they didnt last long in a group with people. It is the tanks job to tank idc how geared they are that is what they are here for if you actualy want to fast on a HC with out people geting pissed about it form your own group if your in a good guild its not that hard.

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 11:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xicor View Post
    i often tell the tanks to speed up before i start pulling. and i often tell everyone that if he doesnt start pulling faster that i will pull. i still often get booted anyway. though there is no difference between me pulling and me taking aggro immediately following the pull aside from speed. the problem is that most tanks who pull slowly do so because they are retarded, not because they were waiting for permission to pull faster. Often we get booted just for telling the tank to speed up, because our "attitude sucks," not like attitude matters at all in a dungeon, there is just success, failure, and speed of run.
    and its that logic that will make you hate HC in cata they are not going to be a grind fest like they are now maybe after the first tier they will get easyer but until then people like you are going to wipe groups
    Last edited by Darsham; 2010-11-19 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsham View Post
    when some of you people do randoms in cata im just going to LOL from a tank who tank'ed at the start of BC and knows what its like to have a overzelous dps or a idot who breaks cc they didnt last long in a group with people. It is the tanks job to tank idc how geared they are that is what they are here for if you actualy want to fast on a HC with out people geting pissed about it form your own group if your in a good guild its not that hard.

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 11:05 PM ----------

and its that logic that will make you hate HC in cata they are not going to be a grind fest like they are now maybe after the first tier they will get easyer but until then people like you are going to wipe groups
    pulling quickly after each pull will never become a problem, not even in cata. the problem some may have in cata is pulling 3 groups at once and not ccing. dps who pull for the tank dont do that, so it wont be an issue. as i said in my post, there is a huge difference between being cautious on pulls and just sitting there for a min after each pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've read of the OP, the main reason they kicked the DK was because of his attitude, not because of the ninja-pulls. I notice you forum posters all go off into your little discussions without considering this key information: (and yeah, reading does help!)

"then he goes into a tangent about how where all bads ECT"

Let me just clarify that if not kicking the DK for ninja pulling, a foul attitude is reasonable justification. I see no reason why a bad-mouthed punk deserves the satisfaction of a completed dungeon run if he's going to offend others in the process.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    In 4.0 if a healer can't keep the group alive while one non tank plate wearer has aggro on a couple mobs, that healer is what is known as a baddie. Plain and simple.
    *insert obligatory u mad*

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    Ok so i had to post this here because the mmo-champ has more people with common sense then the wow forums.

so i was in a group with a DK and a Spriest, resto shammy, me the mage, and a orc warrior tank. The tank was under geared, we downed first boss no problem, then the DK starts pulling for the tank. I promptly tell the DK to stop pulling your not the tank. So his response is "Tanks going to slow, this place is easy, stop nerd raging.". im like nerd raging?? YOUR not tank so YOUR not supposed to be tanking. then he goes into a tangent about how where all bads ECT. needless to say we vote kicked him. i told him before he left that no one wants to group with a person with that attitude, and come cata you will wipe the group if you body pull like that. hes response? "Psh nab kata will b ez". what makes people think they cn get away with any little thing they want in LFG. do stupid things, and except not to get votekicked?

Maybe he was being too slow. I guess the Death Knight had others places to be, yea? :P

And about he's not being the tank, nowadays DPS can tank the Average Heroic without being Icecrown Dungeons. I do it sometimes.
    Last edited by TheTwistedRaven; 2010-11-20 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    YOUR not tank so YOUR not supposed to be tanking.
    You're. You're.

Quote Originally Posted by Xicor View Post
    first of all, "your" is posessive, u should be using "you're" second, i dont know why u kicked him... i have seen healers pulling the dungeon trash and/ or tanking while healing. It isnt that big of a deal; the content is a joke. i think u are a douchebag for kicking him(i would have kicked him if we wiped, and if he was hard to heal i would have just had the healer not heal him until he stopped pulling).

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 07:13 AM ----------

on my warrior, it bothers me when a tank is pulling like it is new content. often, i will put on my pvp gear and just tank for him.(i usualy have more health than the noob tanks anyway).

I would have kicked him from the group as well.

Then again that is easy when three of the five people in group are me and two of my friends.One is tank one is healer and the other is DPS.So booting an idiot DPS who is pulling is no issue as no one can block our vote anyway as it is 3 to 1 since the one being kicked gets no say.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodegrance View Post
    I would have kicked him from the group as well.

Then again that is easy when three of the five people in group are me and two of my friends.One is tank one is healer and the other is DPS.So booting an idiot DPS who is pulling is no issue as no one can block our vote anyway as it is 3 to 1 since the one being kicked gets no say.
    if u were running as a 3 man group, why would the dps be pulling for your tank? if your tank pulls that slowly, i feel sorry for u... i prefer running a 15min instance over a 30min one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest. Not meaning to offend TC, just being honest.

While this will be an issue in Cataclysm, at least at first, right now it really isn't. As a healer, I'd put a renew on both the DK and the tank, Prayer of Mending on one or the other and Prayer of Healing as and when with a few flash heals or shields when needed.

My mana will always be high, the health of both players will be high, and we'll get through it faster probably.

I'd vote kick the one that was causing arguments and issues when I just want a quick peaceful run, which in this case would be the TC.

Sure it changes in Cataclysm but right now heroics are easy, I can offtank a mob specced holy, so honestly to me, it isn't a big deal if a dps wants to speed the run up a little.

I dont have a problem with rude people in instances, its not like my opinion matters lol. But i am curious, why dosnt he just que as tank if hes in such a hurry? He would even have shorter que times right?