Gathering professions

Do any of you use any kind of mod that would allow your herb/ore/other farming to go any smoother/easier?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a skinner... I don't think it could get any easier, so no.

That being said, I'm sure Herb pickers and miners have an add-on that track "hot zones" where one is more likely to find a node/herb.

They are already very easy. Just go with the levels of the mobs. If the item you are gathering goes green, move onto the next zone as if you were levelling a character.

Its already leveled and maxed, I guess what I'm asking is: Is there an addon that tracks or shows good areas to farm?

Gatherer with the wowhead gatherer database shows a list of nearly all known nodes in game.

you can find more info on WoW interfacehere
    Last edited by Stalvir; 2010-11-19 at 01:26 PM. Reason: link

Quote Originally Posted by Stalvir View Post
    Gatherer with the wowhead gatherer database shows a list of nearly all known nodes in game.

you can find more info on WoW interfacehere
    This is what I use, I then plan flight routes to pass as many node spawn points as possible in the shortest time.

So Gatherer + the database is the way to go?

And are most nodes on timers or do they just spawn randomly?

Deleted
    wow as an addon junkie i couldnt imagine someone didnt know this addon.

But to be helpful, just have a look at wowheads ore deposit maps plan your route ahead, do 3 or 4 fly-arrounds and you should have it memorized, no need for an addon anymore
    Last edited by mmoc8b704fdc42; 2010-11-19 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasthor View Post
    So Gatherer + the database is the way to go?

And are most nodes on timers or do they just spawn randomly?
    the nodes are on fixed positions with respawn timer

Routes ( wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/routes.aspx if I'm still not allowed to post links ) along with Gatherer or GatherMate2 will show you a route to take to cover the most nodes in the best way. Well that's the theory anyway.

Carbonite Quest i believe its called is imo the best addon for gathering there is. Route calculation, node database etc.
    Also you dont have to get al the way to the node to check if its actually there, it will just tell you when you are in range and you are supposed to see it on your minimap blinking, if you don't see anything on your minimap you can just stay mounted and go to the next node right away.

As far as i know you can't get it on curse.com so you have to look on wowinterface.com and search "Carbonite" or "Carbonite Quest"

The're is also a detailed questhelper implemented (better then questhelper, more detailed.... at least that used to be the case when i was using it at start of wrath), hence the name

I love Routes, but something to note about it, is that it doesn't (and I would imagine can't) take into account topography. That's to say it might have your path from one node to another being straight through an impassable mountain. Obviously that won't matter so much in Cata, but currently it's a bit of a pain. You can, however, manually edit your path to go around obstacles, or exclude an area all together if you don't want to go into a bad area. The manual editing is pretty easy though.

download gathermate 2 and gathermate2 data

import the data in the game to get all the nodes

use routes and optimize the routes and just follow them brainlessly to optimize your gathering.

Routes is only good for flying, for ground area gathering, just imagine an easy, but broad route and follow it consistently.

If you have terrible A.D.H.D like me, form about 3 separate routes and change them every 15 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

Wait a second.... With the whole shattering thing coming soon... Is it worth getting something that will track nodes that may or may not be there anymore in the near future?