When is the right time

Last edited by Rëtribution; 2010-11-23 at 01:40 PM.

I think you mean you have come to an impasse. I will quit when I am too busy to play or something better comes out. Ideally I would get busy, but if I have time to kill anyway, why not play a game instead of watching tv? TV is a worse time sink. You dont even have a digital avatar to show how much you've played and what you've "accomplished." TV is just the same shit over and over. Try raiding 2 nights a week instead of 4. Find a nice 10 man guild (like mine ) ) and play casually and see if you like that better.

Change gears. (like a car, not like your tier 10)

Deleted
    I'm actually in pretty much the same situation, I havnt been able to play more than a few hours here and there for almost a year now, but I was hardcore in vanilla and tbc, so I begrudge quitting something I've spent so much time on.

I think it will eventually come down to something else being released to fill what free time I get, which by the look of the current mmo market may well be blizzards next mmo.
    Last edited by mmoc938eb18a14; 2010-11-19 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalroth View Post
    I'm actually in pretty much the same situation, I havnt been able to play more than a few hours here and there for almost a year now, but I was hardcore in vanilla and tbc, so I begrudge quitting something I've spent so much time on.

I think it will eventually come down to something else being released to fill what free time I get, which by the look of the current mmo market may well be blizzards next mmo.
    Are you talking about diablo 3, or is there a whole new MMO of some sort of gaming genre that I havent heard of yet

(In computer class ftw )

10+ Year Old Account
    Just play as much as you want at the moment.
    If you are bored of raids, don't raid. Go arena or make money or gank or fish &etc.
    If you are bored of game, don't play at all. As a starting point to "How does one quit which that he has put so much time into" try to think that else you are able to do it that time. If abilities are more interesting for you, go for 'em. If you don't have any nice variants, try to make them. Maybe join cooking lessons or try visiting bowling center. Simply try something new or just talk to someone you don't know

It's a game, not work (unless you are living from selling gold and stuff) and peoples attitude to it should be like for a game.

Varabently, TV may be great if you are watching not anything, but only stuff you are interested in. As engineer I love Discovery channel. I can see a lot of things in work not just in laboratory or science magazines
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rëtribution View Post
    Are you talking about diablo 3, or is there a whole new MMO of some sort of gaming genre that I havent heard of yet

(In computer class ftw )
    He meant that by the look of the current MMOs out there it is unlikely anything is going to fill his free time until the next MMO that Blizzard launch which isn't likely to be for 3-4 years yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    He meant that by the look of the current MMOs out there it is unlikely anything is going to fill his free time until the next MMO that Blizzard launch which isn't likely to be for 3-4 years yet.
    Oh alright, thanks

Deleted
    This. I remain optimistic though, one day someone might realise simply porting a Korean style mmo to the west doesn't work. But that's a discussion for another thread.

I may buy SC2 in the mean time, I've never really been into RTS games aside from the Warcraft campaigns, but I've seen and heard good things about it.

Deleted
    I raided hardcore in tbc, cleared almost everything up to sunwell,
    started raids in wolk up to the end of naxx, and stopped.

Raids are nice for the atmosphere but well the time invested in it really doesn't worth it.

Raids are ok till you kill the boss and understand his mechanic, after that this is just an endless grinding for gear or useless achievements.

In cata, i think i'll just enjoy the new content, quests zones and when it's done, switch to another game till they add new content.

TLDR: My advice: don't do anything that involve grinding, and you'll get the most of wow without frustration.