Page 1 of 2
LastLast

any protips for heroic blood princes?...

from what i understand my role is to dps (without pulling aggro) the princes (with the exception of kel)... and help out every once in awhile on falling kinetic bombs... i've macro'd searing pain to tar kinetic bombs that i weave into my rotation... we seem to be getting stuck on the part where kel lights up and we all throttle back the dps...

15+ Year Old Account
    Pets on orbs
    Spread out on the first guy (and anytime after - Melee should stay the fuck out)
    The fire guy is all about staying close to people - Ranged should not be on the far left or right of the entire group.
    The shadow guy is all about not stealing the tank's shadow orbs - No one should cleave/aoe ever.

Use 3 tanks and have a DK or Paladin on the shadow guy because they can do ranged threat better, while moving. Never icy touch/Judge an orb! always melee it to get aggro.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, if you are dying on kel then people are either pulling aggro or the tank is getting waxed

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    and remember that the fight is no dps-race, so people on orbs focus on that more than on doing dps. And even though using abilities without aoe-effect gimps dps for some classes, they will need to restrain themself and not use it, cause like said, it's not of utter importance to dps fast

Don't move
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

One tank can tank both melee princes. (dunno about 25 man hc, but definetely in 10 man hc and 25 normal, expect tank to top damage meters :P) it will save up healer or dps slot. And yes, we did it without melee joining the fight with keleseth, only ranged. Everyone who can and are close, helps with kinetic bombs, even if they are not assigned to them. Pets on bombs works wonders. Kel tank needs minimum 4 nucleids, 3 wont cut it.

Deleted
    2 Tanks are enough for that fight, 1 is tanking Valanar and Taldaram and the other one tanks keleseth.

Now pet classes (if available) or range DD's focus the kinetics.
    When Valanar casts his strong vortex (forgot the english name) the melees go in the "windows" behind the bosses.
    When Taldaram casts his Fireball go together.
    When Keleseth is activ run to him and make dmg, your tank should have made enough aggro and when he got 4-5 of the orbs then it is more then enough.
    Look out for your debuff, because to much movement is bad ^^
    When your debuff get's to high just stand still for some seconds or make it away (Rogue - Cloak of Shadows, Paladin - Bubble).
    The Rest is training, I don't think that there are tips that lead to an onehit kill ^^

greetz

10+ Year Old Account
    Pets or designate a caster on Orbs.
    Ranged be at maxed range.
    When Val is up, have designated areas for your melee dps to run.
    When Tal is up, have the Melee DPS chase the fire orb to bleed off damage.
    When Kel is up, ensure melee DPS isn't using any type of cleave attaks.
    Don't move when it's not needed.

That works for my guild. Every time.

Actually, I've been the Keleseth tank in my guild in heroic and we actually use lust on him ... I'm a paladin tank and while im running around getting orbs i just put him on focus and throw Shield / HoW whenever I can (since he has 1 hp for a long time). You may also do a full rotation on him at the begining.

Reduce movement in the fight to minimize raid dmg. The Keleseth tank however can run as much as he wants since he becomes immune to the debuff at 3 or 4 orbs.

Apart from that ... have a set order to spread out when the vortex occurs (assign a place to run to for melee DPS)

Soak the Fireball ...

And that's all I can think of atm

Edit - Yeah assign pets to Kinetic, Altough they come VERY close to the ground the pets will always get it in time.

Deleted
    Since 4.0.1 Pala tank should be best for Keleseth. They have Avenger's Shield/Exorsism/Judgement/Hammer of Wrath, after 1 rotation with Avenging Wrath, get 4 orbs ASAP!!, then the paladin can keep nuking the boss from ranged while gathering orbs. Dont bother about Shadow Prism, orb will reduce that.

Also pre-define to where each melee dps is running to on Valanar's ability, also when he's not "active" move according to the big white orb.
    When Taldaram is active get a priest to mass-disspell the Glittering Sparks thats on your tank and Melee dps. Also when he launches a Flame Orb, RUN TO THE WALL, the longer you run the smaller the explosion will be. Ofc you need to stand still then and wait for Shadow Prism to fade.

The way we did it was to not have set people for orbs. We pretty much just went with "If you see an orb hit it, if you see an orb near someone tell them to hit it" just because on heroic the orbs drop so much faster than normal and because pets aren't just the most reliable things in WoW... as well as people can't really run really far to go get the orbs because of the debuff.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Pets on orbs
    Spread out on the first guy (and anytime after - Melee should stay the fuck out)
    The fire guy is all about staying close to people - Ranged should not be on the far left or right of the entire group.
    The shadow guy is all about not stealing the tank's shadow orbs - No one should cleave/aoe ever.

Use 3 tanks and have a DK or Paladin on the shadow guy because they can do ranged threat better, while moving. Never icy touch/Judge an orb! always melee it to get aggro.
    Icy touch works great not sure why you would say not to use it. Not sure about judgements.

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galith View Post
    The way we did it was to not have set people for orbs. We pretty much just went with "If you see an orb hit it, if you see an orb near someone tell them to hit it" just because on heroic the orbs drop so much faster than normal and because pets aren't just the most reliable things in WoW... as well as people can't really run really far to go get the orbs because of the debuff.
    Not having assigned people to hit orbs is setting yourself up for failure. Notsaying it doesn't work for you but in my experience of leading a raid, if you don't assign people to certain jobs it will result in a wipe. Coordination and proper execution of game mechanics kills bosses. Game plan helps alot. We had certain people assigned to first,second,third orb drops. We used hunters and their pets, 1 hunter can keep up all the orbs depending on range but we never needed more than 2 hunters makes it really easy.
    Last edited by Dethh; 2010-11-19 at 06:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Icy touch works great not sure why you would say not to use it. Not sure about judgements.
    Icy Touch leaves Frost Feaver, so the obrs decay faster. Judgement on the other hand, doesn't leave Censure so that safe to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro tips for heroic blood princes? Just make sure everyones GS is over 6k. That's it!!! Since nowadays, according to the majority of the population, gear does everything!

What we did for this fight (10 man) was I tanked Kelseth (Warrior), our pally tanked the middle guy and we had our feral druid tank the right one. (yeah I'm bad with names) Threat was never an issue for any of us and with vig on one of the other tanks, taunt was always up anyhow. We have a hunter deal with the orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    As a Warrior tank I would rate us above the paladins. Yes, we don't have the ranged threat, but you only need 1 throwing weapon strike to get a shadow orb glued to you. You can then charge back to the boss and melee him happily. Once we have 3 shadow orbs, theres nothing to stop the tank running as much as is needed. The warriors greatest advantage is charge (3 types) and the throwing weapon.

You can also have one tank tank both melee guys, but since this isn't a dps race use an extra tank if you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    What we did for this fight (10 man) was I tanked Kelseth (Warrior), our pally tanked the middle guy and we had our feral druid tank the right one. (yeah I'm bad with names) Threat was never an issue for any of us and with vig on one of the other tanks, taunt was always up anyhow. We have a hunter deal with the orbs.
    10 man is easier with 2 tanks. One on the shadow lance guy and one on the other 2.

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beriohtarion View Post
    Icy Touch leaves Frost Feaver, so the obrs decay faster. Judgement on the other hand, doesn't leave Censure so that safe to use.
    Good point.

I'll just echo what's been said:
    1) Dedicated people on the orbs in certain regions of the room (we use four in the northeast/northwest and southeast/southwest corners of the room)
    2) Designate points along the back of the stage for melee to run on empowered vortex.
    3) I've found tanking Keleseth to be slightly more forgiving as a DK than as a Warlock (since you can blow cds to eat an empowered lance if your orbs happen to drop off at an inopportune time). Unfortunately you can't downrank DoTs to easily gather up orbs at this point so if you're tanking Keleseth I would try wanding.
    4) Be prepared to run on Taldaram's fire orb (at least that's how we handle it, having the one targeted run to the edge of the room; just don't be next to him when he casts it).

Good luck on getting it down.

in my guild, ive always lock tanked kelseth (25normal or 25heroic). i always sent my felguard around to gather up orbs that r out of range from me because i stay planted, makes the healer's job easier if im not running around gathering up orbs. if u need some tips on lock tanking kelseth, i always use pvp gear and sindragosa's flawless fang (helps for heroic 25man). then the dps targets who ever has the blood orb, including kelseth.

hunters and locks put their pets on the orbs along w/ 1 or 2 of our lower ranged dps.

what is the pet macro for attacking the kinetic bombs?... and does it attack the nearest kinetic bomb, or always attempt the same bomb once targeted the first time?... i'm destro, so i'll be using the imp if that makes a difference...

/petattack kinetic bomb