Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why not let us buy cata in advance

I don't understand why stores can't sell the game in advance since we can all download the game already.
    Since they can activate the expension at anytime they want why not let us get it a few days ahead so everyone would be ready at the same time. All have our serial code entered to our blizz account. Save us a run back from work to get a damn code rather then being home starting to play !

its all to do with sales figures and public relations hype

10+ Year Old Account
    Well because you cant sell something thats not working yet, can you?! You buy the game before the 7th you cant use it, im pretty sure thats against some trading law

idk abt you but i would be furios having the cata box in my room or a month egging me on because i have it but i cantc play it lol
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Well if you got it online you paid and still ain't working yet

that could technically be counted as a preorder though.

Well, thats what the digital download is for.

Alternately, if you are pretty much anywhere but the west coast, you will have time to get it installed anyways if you go to a midnight release. For example, I'm 3 hours ahead of California time. Get the game at midnight, switch gets thrown at 3:00 my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes im pretty sure Blizzard found some loop hole that classifies the digital purchase has a pre order, physical copies probably have to follow some trading standard regulations

15+ Year Old Account
    I would assume that if they shipped it earlier that would mean changes made before the original shipping wouldn't be on the early shipments. So basicly they'd have to release a update build for those people to patch up their game to release build.

Yeah well i come from quebec and they have a stupid law about stores not being allowed to be open after certain hours so we are always excluded of those cool meet before being games. Just a mather of getting right home after.work and play rather then having to go to the store first.

Man its gonna be a long work day !!!

Because it would be a customer service nightmare. Imagine a store like Walmart or Best Buy selling this early and all the crap they'd have to do to explain just what in the hell people are buying. If you truly cannot wait, do the digital download.

Alot of online retailers do send the game out sometimes up to a week in advance, just hope you'll get it early .

I can wait was just wondering why ? And wanted to see what people were thinking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice if they did this, but with digital download and the servers not going up until 12 pst, you should have enough time to be ready to play as soon as the servers go live.(unless you live on the west coast as people have mentioned before). Personally, I'm just going to pick up the game after school on tuesday. Thankfully it's my shortest day.

Quote Originally Posted by Belzegar View Post
    Yeah well i come from quebec and they have a stupid law about stores not being allowed to be open after certain hours so we are always excluded of those cool meet before being games. Just a mather of getting right home after.work and play rather then having to go to the store first.

Man its gonna be a long work day !!!
    Im in quebec too(trois-rivieres) and futureshop usually has those midnight launches. Id check them out if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Belzegar View Post
    Well if you got it online you paid and still ain't working yet
    That law only count for stuff you can get physicly and you can count it as your own belonging. The digital download is the same as pre-order.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer this so all I would have to do is wake up at 3am(EST), not first wake up at midnight and pick it up... It's going to mess up my nap bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Huumongous View Post
    Im in quebec too(trois-rivieres) and futureshop usually has those midnight launches. Id check them out if I were you.
    Ill check that out thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    You can buy the digital copy and have it installed before release.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I have brought mine, but EB wont let me have it till the 7th!