Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Deathly Hallows part1! (SPOILERS)

    Oh I loved it. I hope you all did to.

  2. #2
    Dreadlord _Fire_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    999
    I got to watch it on the 18th I loved it but I cried when Dobby died :'(

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Allium View Post
    I got to watch it on the 18th I loved it but I cried when Dobby died :'(
    Spoilers D=

  4. #4
    I think it was done pretty well. It had a bunch of action scenes compared to the past episodes. However part of the movie had that Lord of the Rings feel to it. It did pretty well though setting itself for the final act for this July I believe part is coming out. Anyways I definitely recommend watching it on the big screen.

  5. #5
    High Overlord Nyrlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasviel View Post
    Spoilers D=
    Read the book.

    Anyway, I personally thought it was much better than many of the other movies. My personally favorite was Azkaban(HP3) and while the others were good none really blew me away until Deathly Hollows Part 1. The filming was great, it was just awesome. I'm stoked for the next part and I'm pretty sure it'll be just as good, if not better considering how much actually goes on in Part 2.

  6. #6
    Immortal Clockwork Pinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    7,569
    Not gonna hate, never read the books. But, this movie could of been called Tent: The movie. That tent, the camp scenes, just took up way too much screen time. I just felt like nothing really happened in this one. It had very good character set up and set the basies for Part 2. Where it's like what, 24/7 action (yay). I liked it though, cant wait for part 2.!


  7. #7
    Spoilers! D: Oh well, what did I expect, s'pose it's my fault.

  8. #8
    The movie was allright, but it felt like too much stuff was missing and that a lot of characters had almost no role. The movie was just entirely focused only on Harry, Ron and Hermelien, which I found kinda sad

  9. #9
    It was alright with a few exceptional parts. I like that it is getting darker. I hope they don't stop the dark tone (I haven't read the book).

  10. #10
    Fluffy Kitten Badpaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ccaarrrrllllll
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Gudgid View Post
    It was alright with a few exceptional parts. I like that it is getting darker. I hope they don't stop the dark tone (I haven't read the book).
    The entire series got a lot darker, which I thought was perfect because of how the characters aged. I'm quite pleased that the movies took a turn for the dark as well, because the books certainly aren't super duper happy either. I'm actually disappointed that they left out the werewolf eating children in the previous movie, because I thought it was a nice touch.
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Not gonna hate, never read the books. But, this movie could of been called Tent: The movie. That tent, the camp scenes, just took up way too much screen time. I just felt like nothing really happened in this one. It had very good character set up and set the basies for Part 2. Where it's like what, 24/7 action (yay). I liked it though, cant wait for part 2.!
    They were out camping like that in the book.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Not gonna hate, never read the books. But, this movie could of been called Tent: The movie. That tent, the camp scenes, just took up way too much screen time. I just felt like nothing really happened in this one. It had very good character set up and set the basies for Part 2. Where it's like what, 24/7 action (yay). I liked it though, cant wait for part 2.!
    Yea camping out was a big part of the first half of the book. so u kinda just had to go with it. the second part gets a lot more intense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    The entire series got a lot darker, which I thought was perfect because of how the characters aged. I'm quite pleased that the movies took a turn for the dark as well, because the books certainly aren't super duper happy either. I'm actually disappointed that they left out the werewolf eating children in the previous movie, because I thought it was a nice touch.
    Yea after i read the book someone asked me what happens and i said "Everyone dies." and he replied "Haha I'm sure." and then two weeks later he walked up to me and went "What the hell?" lol

  13. #13
    Now that I watched this movie, for free might I add, I thought it was decent, but far from great. Did anyone else notice the Warner Bros logo throughout the first part of the movie?

    Also, don't be a jerk and post spoilers. Wait... What the hell am I talking about? There are nothing but jerks on the internet.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2010-11-22 at 05:53 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Now that I watched this movie, for free might I add, I thought it was decent, but far from great. Did anyone else notice the Warner Bros logo throughout the first part of the movie?

    Also, don't be a jerk and post spoilers. Wait... What the hell am I talking about? There are nothing but jerks on the internet.
    You're the jerk.

    OT: I've read the books but haven't gotten 'round to watching it yet. What scene does part 1 end on? (my guess is after Ron stabs the locket)

  15. #15
    In my opinion this was the best HP so far, though I have higher hopes for the part 2 mainly because the book was way better in the end.
    Kinda annoying to have to wait the second part till next year. :/
    What do rogues and noobs have in common?

    -They both pick locks

  16. #16
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Deagle View Post
    You're the jerk.

    OT: I've read the books but haven't gotten 'round to watching it yet. What scene does part 1 end on? (my guess is after Ron stabs the locket)
    It ends right after Malfoy Manor more or less, so your guess is abit off

  17. #17
    The Patient Myah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    347
    I loved it. Only hated that we have to wait for part 2.

    And, there's so much yet to happen. Second movie is gonna be packed I hope they don't take much stuff off.

    Movie is so visually beautiful, the shots, the scenery.

    First movie ends when
    SPOILER, select to view cause I used a light yellow color

    Harry buries Dobby after he rescued them from Malfoy's Manor, and cuts to Voldemort in Dumbledore's grave taking his wand

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Not gonna hate, never read the books. But, this movie could of been called Tent: The movie.
    Ahahahaha, funny you say that, because one of the criticisms a lot of people had of the book when it first came out is that it got too bogged down with the camping. I was kind of hoping that they could have gotten a clue and edited that part down a bit to make the movie narrative tighter, but I guess no go on that.

  19. #19
    yes dobby dying was utterly sad! I thought the end scene with him and the wand was drawn out 10000000000000x too long! Otherwise decent scenes, could use less hermoine sitting shots

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Not gonna hate, never read the books. But, this movie could of been called Tent: The movie. That tent, the camp scenes, just took up way too much screen time. I just felt like nothing really happened in this one. It had very good character set up and set the basies for Part 2. Where it's like what, 24/7 action (yay). I liked it though, cant wait for part 2.!
    This is only the first half, this movie is pretty close to the book, the first half is about the struggles of trying to figure out what is going on, the best is yet to come. The only thing really significant I think they left out of the movie was about how Harry earned creatures respect, and how he in turn started respecting Hermione even though she's not a pure blood. They actually spent a good amount of time in the house.

    Another thing they did was flash really fast through the discussion about the Legendary wand, and about dumbledores life, it was touched on but I feel unless you read the book or paid really good attention in the movie you where probably confused.

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-24 at 03:29 PM ----------

    Oh and Dobbies death would have been much sadder if they movies actually used him, he has been a big part of Harrys life through he books but in the movies he was only in the second one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •