Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If they added everything in the books to the movie, then you would be sitting down to watch a 3 hour movie or longer. lol

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Now that I watched this movie, for free might I add, I thought it was decent, but far from great. Did anyone else notice the Warner Bros logo throughout the first part of the movie?

Also, don't be a jerk and post spoilers. Wait... What the hell am I talking about? There are nothing but jerks on the internet.
    Maybe if you didn't watch a DVD rip.

Oh well, it was hard to see it anyway and did not ruin the movie. I wasn't sure if it was like that at the movie theaters or not so I asked. =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    If they added everything in the books to the movie, then you would be sitting down to watch a 3 hour movie or longer. lol
    I read the book when it came out in English (not my native language) in 5 hours, so it's perfectly possible to fit the first half in approximately 2½h. Besides, it's a lot faster to show some stuff on video than describe it in a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Peadoughbare View Post
    Oh I loved it. I hope you all did to.
    Did you read the book?

Storyvice... The movie gets 1\6
    As a movie, i give it 4\6

I sure hope the 2nd part is twice as good, and with less b*shit story.

---------- Post added 2010-11-26 at 10:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I read the book when it came out in English (not my native language) in 5 hours, so it's perfectly possible to fit the first half in approximately 2½h. Besides, it's a lot faster to show some stuff on video than describe it in a book.
    5 hours? Wow.... the soundbook takes 23-24 hours, and that is good paced reading.
    Cataclysm = CTC | Icecrown Citadel = IC | | CLASSIC, not vanilla |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AvalonTLW View Post
    Did you read the book?

Storyvice... The movie gets 1\6
    As a movie, i give it 4\6

I sure hope the 2nd part is twice as good, and with less b*shit story.

---------- Post added 2010-11-26 at 10:53 AM ----------

5 hours? Wow.... the soundbook takes 23-24 hours, and that is good paced reading.
    Really?
    I guess I'm a fast reader then.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Deagle View Post
    You're the jerk.

OT: I've read the books but haven't gotten 'round to watching it yet. What scene does part 1 end on? (my guess is after Ron stabs the locket)
    It ends with them escaping from the Malfoy Manor and Dobby dying ;( and Voldemort taking the Elder wand from Dumbledores grave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple of my friends went to this and said is was great, I'm yet to go to it.
    Markro - Arthas US PvP

15+ Year Old Account
    Finally got around to it this weekend. It was good. The acting has improved even over the last film, which was nice.

I will say it does drag a bit in the middle. I know it's similar to how it was meant to feel in the book, but it's such a long movie already. Too bad we have to wait until July for more. I guess they want a nice summer blockbuster then another quarter billion on box set sales for Christmas 2011.

They had to drag out the tent scenes. It has to be slow to illustrate the fact that finding/destroying horcruxes is a tedious task. The movie was fantastic and if you are a fan of the series you shouldn't be disappointed.

Deleted
    Really?
    I guess I'm a fast reader then.
    You sure as hell are, when I read it it took me approx. 20 hours. Then again English is not my native language and I was like 15 at the time.

OnT: I've seen it, and it was actually pretty good (and I HATED 2-5 for the way they butchered up the story imo). Next part should be alot better, it's only 200 pages to fit in 2-2½ hours, and there's lots of stuff happening

I'm calling absolute bullshit on that.

By FAR the best of the films. The rating let it be as dark as it needed to be, and splitting it let them put as much in as needed to be included. The book is so dense, and so much of the stuff is important, really glad they did it this way. I thought it almost completely lacked the cringeworthy moments of the others, which was great. I was really impressed with all of the actors this time around, they all put out consistently good performances, especially Emma. Even if it wasn't in the book, the tent/dance scene was too damn adorable.
    Imagine a perfect, cloudless midnight, cold as winter ice and shrouded in shadow. That is Sithis.
    Tarhiel Raniss Garuk Azurra Vaermina Cemetrygates

Deleted
    I understand how you can expect to have a spoilerless thread when the book has been out for a while and it is one of the best selling series of books there has been.

OT: I haven't seen it yet but I'm tempted just to wait until the DVD of both come out and they are combined into one film.

I kind of trapped myself with this movie. I knew it couldn't possibly have that great of and ending being as it wasn't an ending, but nonetheless after sitting in a theater for 2.5 hours you kind of want some gratification for your time. It was a great movie but it left you with kind of a depressed feeling as you left.

Deleted
    I expected alot more from it. Haven't read the books so I could have "had" those expectations. But frankly I was bored the entire movie which I wasn't during all the other releases. I'm guessing they save up all the actions for the next part, and if this is actually the case then it's a bad move productwise. Not that it will change much since everyone that has the slightest interest into the series will watch it anyway.

I don't know if other viewers who have watched the films but never read the books would agree, but I found the whole film series rather confusing . I'm sure it all makes sense to those who have read the books, but as a "casual" HP consumer it all seemed rather jumbled.
    Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother.