Page 1 of 2
LastLast

AV 47mins like the old school times.

For long time i didnt fighted in AV for so long. Made me remmeber old school times when we fighted till kill last reinforcement ^^
    Check the pick and comment
    http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3...1910184758.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats cool man, but oldschool AVs lasted the entire day

i miss the avs that lasted hours =( i remember in vanilla going to work one morning coming back home and the same av was going on
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

<Veteran of a 2 1/2 day long AV (to be fair i went to sleep and school and back to rejoin the same battle)

10+ Year Old Account
    47 minutes? Lol. I've had longer. Right now is becoming much like Vanilla / BC AV's though. I was in one about an hour or 2 a couple weekends ago. Soo.. much.. honor..

Quote Originally Posted by Luzitano View Post
    For long time i didnt fighted in AV for so long. Made me remmeber old school times when we fighted till kill last reinforcement ^^
    Check the pick and comment
    This sentence made my eyes hurt.

This usually happens on the Misery (EU) battlegroup.

+Note 47 minutes is nothing compared to 48 hours or more.

Kainrel
    Ok my english not good.. Was your comment related to the post.. i dont think so.
    Please shoo.

Spectrez. Like i said.. Made me remember Old school.. or Vanilla. Becouse since TBC i never got a AV so long.. Like some ppl said in vanilla fights were loong .. and what i meant in the pic was not really about the time.. but fight till last reinforcement
    Old school (Vanilla) pvp was the best pvp ever.. Blizzard will never more "fix" pvp like old times.

10+ Year Old Account
    The queues for oldschool AV were a couple of hours... and when you DID finally get into a game, the match would last nearly the entire day, sometimes overlapping into another day. I could remember being in an AV for four straight hours and leaving to go hangout with people, coming home and re queuing for AV and getting into that EXACT same match. I don't think one single AV lasted less than 3 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Thats cool man, but oldschool AVs lasted the entire day
    Days? On some realms it was weeks!

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 11:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kainrel View Post
    This sentence made my eyes hurt.
    Stop being an arrogant man and accept that some people don´t have english as their first language.

I so read AK47 as the topic title. Always fun when AV's lasted for hours and we had to team up to take Graveyards on various 'bottlenecks'

While I've never been in a day-long AV, I do remember going fishing after an hour of futile attempts on SP, or cheering Icy while he graciously roflstomped allys, or kiting commanders to galv, where they got what they deserved... gooood times!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Thats cool man, but oldschool AVs lasted the ENTIRE WEEKEND

There,fixed that for you

Old-school AVs (aka Vanilla-AVs)were so balanced they could last forever,they were just epic.

Editamn,look at that Horde Mage's damage done,he really wanted to win oO
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2010-11-19 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't particularly miss the long battles or anything, I miss the use of the resources collected to unleash something to help.

Take the large elemental boss for example. Or dropping the signal beacon thing to call in the gyphons/wyverns.

I miss those times.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

I do not miss the long AV battles.

Mainly because after a few hours you realized you wasted so much damn time in a single match.

I do however miss the big giants that used to spawn.. those were so much fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valius View Post
    This usually happens on the Misery (EU) battlegroup.

+Note 47 minutes is nothing compared to 48 hours or more.
    Does it? Guess I'll queue for AV, a day I have nothing better to do :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Old AV didn't have resources. AV "back in the day" lasted waaaay longer than 47min.

Glad for your false feeling of nostalgia though.

i remember AV that lasted over 1 week, that was hardcore

15+ Year Old Account
    haha 47 min i snothing! had an AV back in the past that needed 8 days to finish Saturday ->.....->next Week Sunday , that was an AV!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I defend Sylvanas because I believe humanity is a waste, in game and IRL. A human life is NOT more important than that of a cat or dog or bird. It just isn't.

Question to people who have played those really long av matches. Were they tight matches where people tryed some tactics or were they just some retarded hk faming on some bottleneck of map for 48 hours?