Warrior PVP at 85 ?

Ive seen mixed reviews on how warriors look at 85. Appreciate comments.

I know looking at a build with arms and then going down Prot tree for the talent "Gag order", seems warriors may be extra nasty against casters. Ranged silence on a 30 sec CD, plus a silence with shield bash?

Ranged silence, charge stun, throwdown, intercept stun, shield bash silence - looks yummie.

you can aswell add pummel and belf racial :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    Ive seen mixed reviews on how warriors look at 85. Appreciate comments.

I know looking at a build with arms and then going down Prot tree for the talent "Gag order", seems warriors may be extra nasty against casters. Ranged silence on a 30 sec CD, plus a silence with shield bash?

Ranged silence, charge stun, throwdown, intercept stun, shield bash silence - looks yummie.
    Go to Warcraftmovies.com and check out Boocraft. His videos are really the only thing I've seen about warriors on the beta and it looks pretty promising! He has a few videos on the home screen that are pretty popular.
    "Lifes a bitch, and I'm her pimp." - MC Chris

Warriors are in a quite good position atm in beta. Their damage is slightly too high, for example MS crits for 20-25k and they got even more mobility but are still doomed to stay in most roots.

Some Warriors believe to receive a nerf soon. We'll see...

Deleted
    Lol, warriors will always be nerfed. If they do good it's only temporary, or didn't 6 years of wow teach you anything ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Lol, warriors will always be nerfed. If they do good it's only temporary, or didn't 6 years of wow teach you anything ?!?
    This is a joke right? Warrior + healer has always been at the top, and a warrior in 3s has always been pretty much the best melee dps as you can lock someone down completely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mkivtt View Post
    This is a joke right? Warrior + healer has always been at the top, and a warrior in 3s has always been pretty much the best melee dps as you can lock someone down completely.
    Ok, let me rephrase that.

Lol, warriors will always be nerfed at non-arena pvp. If they do good it's only temporary, or didn't 6 years of wow teach you anything ?!?

Warriors only do good now because the burst of all classes is through the roof. Once burst is a non-issue, warriors will be back to being kited or spectating as sheeps.

PS: pvp is not just arena. when will you arena mongrels get that through your thick skulls ? Just because a class does well with support in group pvp while sucking balls at solo pvp, doesn't mean the class is fine. Also, if a class is tremendously OP at solo pvp but it's not a big deal in a group pvp enviroment aka arena, doesn't mean the class is fine.

Deleted
    Every competent person playing the game for 6 years should have realized by now that one of the most consistently powerful classes over the course of the game has been, and probably will always be, the warrior.

Warriors have been borderline(or comfortably beyond the border) overpowered for years, they are ridiculous in beta right now and even if they were not the only good assumption one can make is that they will start to reign the battlefield not later than the second tier in the expansion.

warrior pvp at 85 is going to be obscene sooner or later.

Lol, warriors will always be nerfed at non-arena pvp. If they do good it's only temporary, or didn't 6 years of wow teach you anything ?!?
    Stop rephrasing, you only make it worse :P
    Warriors are beasts in battlegrounds, they will be essential to any rated battleground team.
    to be fair though they have not been a weak 1on1 class for a long time now either, in fact most classes are goners if they are charged by a warrior without getting first hit.
    It is not so long ago that warriors were pretty much the only class soloing healers with actual facerolling.

I get the feeling you are trolling but if you are not you probably dont play your warrior for 6 years (or you sucked the whole time...not saying that is the case, just saying)
    Last edited by mmoc4274bdbc5e; 2010-11-21 at 12:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mufuti View Post
    Every competent person playing the game for 6 years should have realized by now that one of the most consistently powerful classes over the course of the game has been, and probably will always be, the warrior.

Warriors have been borderline(or comfortably beyond the border) overpowered for years, they are ridiculous in beta right now and even if they were not the only good assumption one can make is that they will start to reign the battlefield not later than the second tier in the expansion.

warrior pvp at 85 is going to be obscene sooner or later.

Stop rephrasing, you only make it worse :P
    Warriors are beasts in battlegrounds, they will be essential to any rated battleground team.
    to be fair though they have not been a weak 1on1 class for a long time now either, in fact most classes are goners if they are charged by a warrior without getting first hit.
    It is not so long ago that warriors were pretty much the only class soloing healers with actual facerolling.

I get the feeling you are trolling but if you are not you probably dont play your warrior for 6 years (or you sucked the whole time...not saying that is the case, just saying)
    Sorry, the words of whining warlocks, hunters and rogues mean nothing to me.

Warriors were always gimped at 1v1 except against several classes. Even Swifty agrees and I do believe that even though he may not be the best warrior in the world, he sure knows more about warriors than you (for example).

Rets, dks, frost mages, shadow/disc priests, off the top of my mind, would rape a warrior hard in a 1v1 counter unless they are totally retarded.

Deleted
    Sorry, the words of whining warlocks, hunters and rogues mean nothing to me.
    I wouldnt expect it any other way, your statement that warriors were constantly nerfed to the ground for 6 years showed very clearly you prefer listening to yourself and put the reality of things on mute.

Warriors were always gimped at 1v1 except against several classes. Even Swifty agrees and I do believe that even though he may not be the best warrior in the world, he sure knows more about warriors than you (for example).
    Warriors have not been gimped 1v1 for a while now. You cannot expect to beat all classes, especially when played by equal players or better ones. Good warriors are not getting raped by anyone though, some fights are not in their favor I agree, never said anything else.

What exactly does "Swifty agrees" even mean? I like the guy but he is not an outstanding warrior in any way whatsoever.
    Maybe you should ask players of the 9 remaining classes what is what, there will always be bias towards your own class, even the best players in the world will never be 100% objective no matter how hard they try to look that way.
    Warriors are one of maybe the three most consistently powerful classes for pvp in general, there is no denying.

In fact warrior has always been the melee class with the greatest overal constant mobility(try a rogue while getting kited with clos and vanish on cooldown).

In Cataclysm due to rage normalisation and the removal of arpen even in full PVP gear(or maybe, especially in full pvp gear) you will be able to do your expected damage. Nerfs due to uber-leet-geared warriors wrecking up either PVE or PVP while you're struggling on your low-ish geared warrior will happen way less because of the way rage will be gained.

Looks pretty promising imho. Oh and pummel in b-stance along with stun/knockdown for Arms.