Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless the loot rules were set as main spec > offspec, he/she does have a point in a PUG.

A lot of people run PUGs for offspec gear, and while that rule is commonplace, it's a courtesy rule rather than a god given right. It's more of a guild thing mainspec > offspec for me. You can expect that courtesy of your guild, but he/she's just another player trying to get the best for him/her.
    Last edited by Brittany; 2010-11-20 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valius View Post
    Loot whores, the essence of WoTLK.
    Oh yeah, I forgot that loot whores just started showing up when wrath came out. I guess all those tales of ninja looters from as far back as vanilla wow are just myths.

On my server you roll on the spec you came as, no excuses. If you want to roll on another spec then you say so at the beginning and make sure the people you would be rolling against don't have a problem with it. A pug run is bound by the loot rules of the person who starts the raid so it is best to always ask at the start.

state the loot rules i haven't done a pug now for over a year without them stateing the loot rules sens if a person states the loot rules you can report them for scaming you(aka ninjaing) and that person will lose the loot he ninjad i might not get the item but i am sure as hell is not gonna let him get it by ninjaing. sens if he did not state the loot rules there are no loot rules and he did not ninja technialy

loot rules i generaly use is "the specc you play in is you main specc(meaning a frost dk will roll offspecc for a 2-hand sens that is unholy specc), every item is rolled on first main specc if nobody rolls it then gose to offspecc roll" that is all that is really needed and if you reserve an item just put that in last

and as to what is main specc and what is offspecc now any cloth item will sprit is now healing MS and any item without spirit is now dps item in my eyes. a neck with agi on it is offspecc for a warrior that is really the thing that ppl might see diffrent

EDIT: forgot shaow uses sprit for hit so they can roll on both then? sems kinda unfair
    Last edited by Harith; 2010-11-20 at 02:54 AM.

shouldn't you be running as gdkp?

unless previously discussed with the raid leader the role/spec you are playing in the raid should be the role/spec you are rolling for. You ask the fury warrior to tank and he ask if he should be able to role on fury gear also, by all means this seems acceptable, or vice versa as long as it is discussed.

For pugs generally Main spec is whatever you are in the raid as, not what you consider your main spec. Sometimes I see the exception made for tanks or healers that are dps normally but are helping out as their off spec, but in these cases they don't roll on tank/healing gear as main spec to, just the dps stuff.

When running a pug always assume you are working with people that drool on their keyboard and state the rules of the raid at the start. If anyone complains about main spec over off spec boot them, people like that are of no use to your raid. Loot whores from my experience are the worst players and they just add drama to something that should be fun.

It sounds to me that this guy's bigger issue wasn't that he wanted it, but that you decided to loot it to yourself instead of throwing it up for a roll. I may not be as acutely aware of the raid comp as the RL, and when I see loot disappear into his bags undisputed, that's no good whether he's the only person that can use it or not. If you don't like that someone rolled, dispute it then. "Sorry, this would not be for your mainspec - you cannot roll as previously stated."

Deleted
    Sounds to me like the death knights were idiots and couldn't accept the fact that they weren't allowed to roll on something they could wield, this assumption is strengthened by the fact that they rolled on a fast onehander as frost