Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a boomkin. I do a pretty decent job soloing content 2 tiers below me. So perhaps at T12 or 13 I'll be able to solo KT.

Grats!

Good to see that Kael'thas is still hard to solo after 2 expansions, 15 levels higher. I doubt other classes can solo him, maybe a paladin or druid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aezel View Post
    It's hard now, in your starter 85 gear. Once we are 2-3 raids into Cata it will become a joke to solo or 2 man for most classes.
    2-manning it will never be a joke. In fact, it is impossible.

"Mind Control: Kael'thas mind controls 2 random targets every 30 seconds to take them out of the fight. It must be dispelled by using the looted legendary dagger as soon as possible."

If there are only 2 targets, he'll MC you both and them and end the fight.

As for soloing: Hunters will never be able to solo it because Hunter pets count as a second person. (Sorry Hunters!)
    Most other specs have no chance due to a lack of healing mechanics (Mages, Rogues).

As it stands, only the tank classes have a chance of soloing him, and even then they have to use a very specific strategy (like Raegwyn does).

Raegwyn's video is impressive because he shows a mastery of his class (AMS usage), the encounter (the timing), and a unique strategy (the kiting/mob placement)

Props to him, and I'll try to do the same on my Protection Paladin at 85.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Pretty nice, I imagine this will get way, way easier in further tiers of Cata.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Pretty nice, I imagine this will get way, way easier in further tiers of Cata.
    Only for specific classes.

Hunters will probably never be able to do it (no pets).

Deleted
    Awesome job there mate

Raegwyn = A good DK.

Wait, what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Only for specific classes.

Hunters will probably never be able to do it (no pets).
    I will remember this, because I heard it so many times.

And I will bring it back to you in the end of Cataclysm.

Deleted
    So i have 2 accounts 1 on them has my main and on the other i have my rusher DK.

starting the fight with my main suiciding and then soloing with DK.. would that count as a 2 man for the MC purpose ?

sry foir my english

Deleted
    Here's hoping from yet another Paladin who would LOVE to solo KT at level 85. I've been 4-5 manning him for weeks and weeks now, still hasn't dropped, but I'm 100% confident I WILL get it to drop if I can solo it during Cataclysm.

As it stands right now, the odds are it'll be fairly doable considering the insane amounts of self-healing a prot paladin has right now, plus the damage is also very good all around.

All in all, WTB Cataclysm and good job on the kill, Raegwyn.

Had the mount drop in a 10 man run last week, won it and sold it for 100 dollars.

Kinda regret it but if a DK can solo it I'm confident I'll be able to pull it off with my Enh shaman come 85 and a tier or two in to the expansion. I also have amazing luck so I'll see it again for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Us DK's are getting nerfed tho. Saw the healing nerfs -40% healing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rene27906 View Post
    So i have 2 accounts 1 on them has my main and on the other i have my rusher DK.

starting the fight with my main suiciding and then soloing with DK.. would that count as a 2 man for the MC purpose ?

sry foir my english
    Nope, should only count as one as long as you don't use Bloodworms or Ghouls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ademptio View Post
    Us DK's are getting nerfed tho. Saw the healing nerfs -40% healing?
    This was done after the nerfs. Those nerfs were 3 days ago.

Deleted
    Sorry but it has already been done with a 80DK pre 4.0.... Go youtube and search: Kael'thas Sunstrider soloed by 80 Death Knight
    can't post links yet...

Quote Originally Posted by RTLC View Post
    Had the mount drop in a 10 man run last week, won it and sold it for 100 dollars.

Kinda regret it but if a DK can solo it I'm confident I'll be able to pull it off with my Enh shaman come 85 and a tier or two in to the expansion. I also have amazing luck so I'll see it again for sure.
    Yeah I agree with you here, while it won't be possible as soon as I ding 85 on my shammy, once I'm packing heroic gear I reckon that this could be done by a shammy, as long as they already knew the fight etc. I'll certainly be trying it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diwad View Post
    Sorry but it has already been done with a 80DK pre 4.0.... Go youtube and search: Kael'thas Sunstrider soloed by 80 Death Knight
    can't post links yet...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KABp2on7DA

Yeah... that video is of the heroic dungeon, not the 25-man Raid.

This is the first solo of Kael'thas Sunstrider in Tempest Keep: The Eye.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Simca;9490435]Nope, should only count as one as long as you don't use Bloodworms or Ghouls.

Thx.. didn't think about worms,
    now i know what my second lvl 85 will be

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diwad View Post
    can't post links yet...
    Then paste the youtube part, I'm not buying it.

I feel otherwise convinced to not turn my DK into a gathering alt. They make pretty good gathering alts with pale horse though mwehhee.

I wonder if a prot warrior would ever be able to solo this with the new victory rush.

Grats on a decent video, this one is good, sorry but I have a hard time looking at those "I died against those ICC bosses" videos as anything other than a repair bill.
    Last edited by Snebbles; 2010-11-20 at 12:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72