Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i could see the cap being lifted at lvl85 but no sooner.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Personally I'd prefer a new point system for 85 separate from JP in order to get new tier items, that way we all start from zero.
    There is. Those are called Valor Points and are earned only from raids. When a new tier comes out, your VP are converted to JP, so that way we all start on equal footing. You can't just hoard your points and be completely decked out on the first day of a new tier.

Also, no, the cap isn't going away. Sorry folks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Whether you have the points now, or collect them in cata shouldn't make much difference.

Having 4000 points ready in stock does make quite a difference by allowing you to quickly fill some gaps in your gear, or maybe to buy some mats (orbs etc.) needed for crafting such gear. I don't see how stocking JP now would be a wasted effort, especially when most people don't have much else left to do right now. Unless you fancy fighting those retarded elementals every 2-3 hours and then grind the bosses for half an hour for gear you don't need.

15+ Year Old Account
    confirmed you need to be 85 to buy the gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickieTK View Post
    confirmed you need to be 85 to buy the gear?
    Yes. Go try it on the PTR if you don't have beta. It gives you the message that you have to be 85 to buy them.