Deleted

Changing Login Background?

I don't know if this was brought up but y can't we just change the background of the login screen because 2 years I had to put up with WOLTK one and I got soo annoyed and the other cataclysm backgrounds they came up with at blizzcon I liked ( Twilight Portal ). soo will we ever be able to change the background?

Here the other concepts from blizzcon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzdeSPelHK0

15+ Year Old Account
    It's been stated officially by Blizzard. You can not change the login background.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Some of those look pretty epic. I'm sure there is a way to change it yourself but it's probably not easy.

This was brought up in yesterday's Cataclysm Dev Chat with BestBuy (front page).

Hint: No

Id like a option to disable it, hate those freaking sounds.. Anyways why is people so upset with the login screen? Its not like you spent hours looking at it is it?

Because a log in screen is not a major part of the game that anyone cares about. You type two lines of info that is usually no more than 20 characters. It's just supposed to look spiffy and relate to the game in some way. It's not meant to be something you stare at for hours at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    It's been stated officially by Blizzard. You can not change the login background.
    You CAN change it, you're not ALLOWED to. :]

Deleted
    there WAS a program called wow bg tweaker.. it could change it untill 4.0 then blizz moved some files ect.

i havnt tested it ect. but seen alot of videos of it on youtube.. you couuld pick any login background and char selection backgrounds, and also remove sounds

There was a blue post about it, and it said no. Believe it was in the Q.A with BestBuy.

Will you allow players to change their login screen? I'd love to be able to use the Classic login screen, the unreleased one that was shown at Blizzcon, or perhaps a login screen of a previous expansion.

Players are not able to change their login screen.
    Last edited by Repellerar; 2010-11-20 at 12:50 AM.