Question Cata xp boost 80-81?

So I read that you can stock up on 25 completed dailies and turn em in when cata comes for a little XP boost.

Question 1:

Will this also work with 25 regular quests? (say Icecrown q's) so you can turn in 25 regular +25 daily?

Question 2:

Which are the best quests (area's) to pick?

Any guides?

10+ Year Old Account
    did that with wotlk release. its only like 10% of all your exp

should work with either reg quests or dailys. BUT your quest log only holds 25 quests though so you couldnt do both

to be fair stocking some wotlk quests to get a xp boost with cata doesn't give u much in return
    even if u wanna go for a realm firsts it only will save let's say 10 mins max as u still have 2 turn the quests and travel then to a cata zone and keep in mind from icecrown or storm peaks to hyjal or vash'jir will take about 10-15 mins as no portals in dala unless ur a mage
    so in my opinion not really worth the effort

Quote Originally Posted by dapperedodo View Post
    to be fair stocking some wotlk quests to get a xp boost with cata doesn't give u much in return
    even if u wanna go for a realm firsts it only will save let's say 10 mins max as u still have 2 turn the quests and travel then to a cata zone and keep in mind from icecrown or storm peaks to hyjal or vash'jir will take about 10-15 mins as no portals in dala unless ur a mage
    I heard you could put your hearthstone in org/sw, could be wrong tho!

all kidding aside, as stated, you get like 22k xp for those dailies if what i saw somewhere was correct, which x25 would be over half a million xp, or roughly 30% of 80-81, actually seems kinda worth it imo.

Will they give us some bubbles as well (when Cata. hits) since they are moving the XP cap's on 71-80 back? Or is all that XP "lost" in the old system from what we had?

Quote Originally Posted by MagusUnion View Post
    Will they give us some bubbles as well (when Cata. hits) since they are moving the XP cap's on 71-80 back? Or is all that XP "lost" in the old system from what we had?
    If Wotlk/BC releases were indicators all your experience 'lost' is lost and you also will not have incurred any rested XP at cap. Though that's just what they did in the past however unlikely it is possible Cata could be different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dapperedodo View Post
    set hearth in advance to moonglade for the flyby quest of hyjal, or to SW, then logout at tourney,
    your 10-15 minutes just got turned into 2 minutes.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullgore View Post
    So I read that you can stock up on 25 completed dailies and turn em in when cata comes for a little XP boost.

Question 1:

Will this also work with 25 regular quests? (say Icecrown q's) so you can turn in 25 regular +25 daily?

Question 2:

Which are the best quests (area's) to pick?

Any guides?
    if im not mistaken u can only carrie 25 quest in your log before you have to start deleting to obtain more

It isn't like this saves you a massive amount of time. Total XP needed is just under 20 million. So this is about 5% of that.

You can easily get that amount of xp within ~45 minutes, so as long as it doesn't take you that long to turn them all in, it should be a benefit. Again a very small benefit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandil View Post
    It isn't like this saves you a massive amount of time. Total XP needed is just under 20 million. So this is about 5% of that.

You can easily get that amount of xp within ~45 minutes, so as long as it doesn't take you that long to turn them all in, it should be a benefit. Again a very small benefit.
    this is the only arguement people make, that makes sense, really though
    if you are not doing the digital download, there is absolutely no reason not to have 25 quests to turn in,
    if you are, then the extra 2-5 minutes it takes, can get you ahead of the crowd - rush.
    which in turn means faster questing = more experience.

if you are doing digital downloads then, just get to hyjal / vash as quickly as possible.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

This is 14 daily quests turned in just a few minutes ago. I got all of these in the past couple days on my live character. I know there are more avaliable but I just wanted to see what kind of XP boost I would get with these.

As you can see I got 25% of my level and it took less than 4 minutes to turn them all in.

I did all of Sons of Hodir, Tourney and the flying boat (cannot think of the name for the life of me).

Gonna set my hearth to Org and log out in Dun Niffelem.

Fly to the boat and turn those in.

Hearth to Org and fly to Winterspring and run down to the Hyjal entrance next to the old "Dark whisper Gorge". (it has a new name in the Shattering)

I am a Rogue so this seems to be the easiest route. If you think I could go another way, enlighten me.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

which quests did you take?

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    set hearth in advance to moonglade for the flyby quest of hyjal, or to SW, then logout at tourney,
    your 10-15 minutes just got turned into 2 minutes.
    Oh my god, my druids portal to moonglade is actually going to be useful this expansion!

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    I did all of Sons of Hodir, Tourney and the flying boat (cannot think of the name for the life of me).

Gonna set my hearth to Org and log out in Dun Niffelem.

Fly to the boat and turn those in.

Hearth to Org and fly to Winterspring and run down to the Hyjal entrance next to the old "Dark whisper Gorge". (it has a new name in the Shattering)

I am a Rogue so this seems to be the easiest route. If you think I could go another way, enlighten me.
    Going to Darkwhisper Gorge isn't how you begin questing in Hyjal. Take the breadcrumbs quest from Orgimmar to Moonglade to Hyjal. That's how you begin.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Going to Darkwhisper Gorge isn't how you begin questing in Hyjal. Take the breadcrumbs quest from Orgimmar to Moonglade to Hyjal. That's how you begin.

So would setting your hearth to Moonglade give you a slight advantage? I'm a mage so I dont know where to put my hearth for the fastest possible time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delex2002 View Post
    So would setting your hearth to Moonglade give you a slight advantage? I'm a mage so I dont know where to put my hearth for the fastest possible time.
    Maybe a few seconds' worth...but if you do that, you'll have to go back to Orgrimmar/Stormwind to train flying anyway.