Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowmourne/ Legendaries should not be allowed in BGs and Arenas

Its bullshit. Just because some one put a bunch of time into PvE doesnt mean he should be good in PvP. It is unbalanced as hell when a random warrior in full heroic ICC gear can jump into a BG and rape at it just because he raids alot.

Deleted
    To be completely honest, that's making an unbelievable amount of sense to me. You can't run into PvE with PvP gear and be instantly better than everyone. I support this for arenas and rated BGs.

What is stopping you from doing the same?
    The time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted at all.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i agree, its stepping on my toes. cuz i spent a bunch of time getting full wrathful doesnt mean i get to walk into a 25icc heroic without gettin grief from other people, why isnt it the other way around? its not ok to pvp with pve gear and its not ok to pve with pvp gear. but theres already a thread on this, wasnt needed to repost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DerGenerale View Post
    Because i'm a priest and therefore cannot get Shadowmourne.

Deleted
    He's playing a hunter I presume. (He looks hunter-like). Which viable ledgendary can he use atm? None, therefore, making all classes at a significant disadvantage to Warriors/ DKs/ Paladins. It's honestly not fair

all i hear is a lot of QQ

QQ more IMO. People earned their legendaries, let them use them the way they want. Maybe they are good at PvP because they are good at PvP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    I take it you just repeatedly got your arse handed to you?

But no, you have the option of going and getting a legendary just like other people. It takes a massive amount of effort and skill to do so, and I have no problem with people using them. They will be outdated soon anyway, and it will be a while before the next one, and its not like they are all that common.

besides, skill really is > gear. Its only at really high end pvp where it would make a huge difference, and those types of players will be able to get their own legendaries anyway. So not, suck it up and get over it.
    To be honest though; Any advantage one person can get and another cannot possibly obtain is a balancing nightmare. They dissallowed Rocket Boots because they were only for engineers. And anyone can be one of them! No one can just say "poof! I'm now a DK" when they're a priest =/

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    QQ more IMO. People earned their legendaries, let them use them the way they want. Maybe they are good at PvP because they are good at PvP?
    I hear two shotting people when running around with four heal bots means you're good.

FUN FACT! Most high rated team are not PvE people with BiS heroic pieces, it's peole with proper pvpgear and real skill.
    Anyone and their mothers can rush to 2-2.5k with enough gear. Also dont see how you cant go get some heroic pieces of your own and hurt like a mofo.

Also, ppl actully putting the time into getting heroic gear AND high end Pvpgear should be allowed to use it, Seems you only bother to get pvpgear and think just because you cba getting pvegear they shouldnt be allowed to use their.
    Last edited by DerGenerale; 2010-11-20 at 12:40 AM. Reason: sherpa
    The time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I don't have the time to raid, thus why I pvp. You could jump in any time (except for arenas) and have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got full 277 yet i still like to wear shadowmourne and 270 PvP gear compared to it. Since ppl with legendaries just get focused target from other side of BG's alrdy... It hurts my feelings.

...it's NOT okay to pvp in pve gear
    people that think it is are the ones posting threads like"zomg bbq mage crit me for 25k zomg bbq)

just watch. for the same reason a raid group wont let you join wearing full wrathful, a rated BG group or arena team will NOT let you join them in full pve gear.

In an ideal world PvE and PvP would be completely separated, then everyone could have fun spells for both without classes getting nerfed to the ground for the sake of balancing arena (or raids if the case may be though typically pve has to give way to arenas). Unfortunately this isn't going to happen.

i agree with OP
    Azeroth and Kalimdor and Northrend and Outland

Quote Originally Posted by Yinja View Post
    all i hear is a lot of QQ
    this.

QQ more.

Deleted
    Ok, allow me to rephrase. The OP has a good point, but it is badly made and therefore seen to just be a lump of QQ. To me, it seems he is getting at the fact that; Only 3 classes (atm) can use the only viable legendary (let's say Val'nyr isn't viable). This means, simply by exsisting, any class which isn't these 3 is going to be at a disadvantage.

The very point (in theory) of legendarys is to unbalance the game slightly in your favour. In PvE this is acceptable, as it is raid vs. boss, and the very exsistence of a legendary in your raid will help your chances. However; in PvP, this is different. It's is a player vs. player scenario (duhh) and ofc, if one player has no access to this 'imbalancing' item, and one does, simply due to their choice of class, that isn't really the fair game Blizzard are trying to create in PvP.

IMO; Legendarys should only be 'banned' from PvP in areas where the results matter and the fights are fiercly competitive. ie, Rated Battlegrounds and Arenas. Here is where the balance really matters most. In 1v1, skirmishes and unrated battlegrounds, there is no issue with taking out your super awesome legendary, because in essence, it doesn't really affect anything. But where people are rated against each other, and by simply rolling a certain class gives you such a large advantage due to available gear, it is hardly fair

I hope this is more... suitable >.<

If you're gonna complain about how much Shadowmourne and Legendary weapons shouldn't be used in Arena and Battlegrounds then you should have rerolled DK or Paladin or Warrior and obtained such a weapon. You don't like something about a game don't play it. No one forces you to play this and complain really.