Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Worth leveling my warlock before cataclysm?

Hey guys, my lock has been sitting at level 75 for a while now and i haven't really had the incentive to level it for some time, but with the new 20% less exp requirement coming on tuesday, do you guys think it's worth me spending the extra time?
    Also, if so, could i get a recommended spec for doing so? I used to play SL/Felguard but since that's no longer possible i'm not sure what i should be running as

Thanks in advance.

Only if you want to play and demo

Pretty sure afflic is better for leveling. and yes, get to 80 asap.
    This is embarassing... please ignore my horrible username.

It has been a long time since I leveled a Warlock, but from my personal experience I would say an Affliction based build will be your best option:

Something along the lines of this: wowhead.com/talent#IrGr0GsGsd:MsZdVbM0z should do the trick, using Drain Life as a filler in addition to all of your dots whilst chain pulling / pulling multiple mobs should see you at level 80 in no time at all.
    (note cannot post hyperlinks yet due to posting limitations)

Since you do not have access to Glyph of Succubus I am going to guess that the Felhunter or the Imp will be better damage-wise however as leveling using pets as a utility will be a better option. Soloing an elite? Use the Voidwalker Shield - Need more Stamina? Use the imp etc etc.

Goodluck

P.s regarding the 'shall I spend my time' I would not answer that as errm, why would you NOT spend your time on a Warlock? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction Owns in PvE. Its the best for PvP and the best for DPS.

For pvp as Affliction you can outlast everyone and spam aids everywhere to put out the most damage. Drain Soul is going to also be fixed when cata is released.

If you don't believe Affliction is also the best PvE DPS go to elitist jerks and simcraft that shit.

Doesn't the 20% exp come with 4.0.3a? So before Cat?

if hes 75 id get to 80. u should be able to do that easily b4 cata

Well...if you want an endgame lock you're going to have to do it at some point. And no better time than the present.

Deleted
    I'd wait with it until 4.0.3a hits just because of the -20% exp needed to get from 71 to 80.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank's for the feedback guys, i think i'll blast through these levels after 4.0.3a, i'll let u know what i think if anyone is interested :P

Deleted
    I am just going to wait untill 4.0.3a with my warlock (parked at 70) and lol at the people saying Affliction or Demonology are good. Nothing comes even close to destruction. Pulling 3k+ DPS on bosses and 1-shotting people in battlegrounds.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...r&cn=Ichityide
    The spec I have on is for PvP and the other for PvE. (Imp for PvE and Voidwalker for PvP)
    Prime Glyphs: Conflagrate/Chaos bolt
    Major: Healthstone / Soul Link

Deleted
    I havent tried the other speccs, but I find Demo really nice while leveling. Your felguard hits like a truck and its pretty hard to die. (ive died twice and im 38 atm). As I said, im level 38 tho, but still I find it amusing.