Deleted

Multiboxing Increase....

Has anyone else noticed the increase in Multi-boxing players recently?
    I'v seen around 5 sets today alone, all differen't.
    Are they multi-boxing to get accounts ready for cataclysm to sell or what do you guys think?

Deleted
    i havnt noticed any specifics. but yes ive seen a few recently. rarely seen any at all before...

wonder whats up!

My opinion is just that better, cheaper hardware allows for easier multiboxing. as time goes by it will become more well known and better understood, with game requirements at a minimum, its pretty easy to multibox 5 accounts on even a laptop from what I've heard (I've heard the asus G73 can do this easily)

basically its becoming more prevalent and popular, with nothing supporting less multiboxing, so it seems obvious to me that it will just become more common, especially as anyone who buys a new computer with decent hardware should be able to these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    i haven't seen that much from Multiboxing in a while, the last time i saw it really being used was in bc, id see multiple Multiboxers running around all the time, now i only see one maybe once every 2 weeks. (remember every servers different!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ungar View Post
    My opinion is just that better, cheaper hardware allows for easier multiboxing. as time goes by it will become more well known and better understood, with game requirements at a minimum, its pretty easy to multibox 5 accounts on even a laptop from what I've heard (I've heard the asus G73 can do this easily)

basically its becoming more prevalent and popular, with nothing supporting less multiboxing, so it seems obvious to me that it will just become more common, especially as anyone who buys a new computer with decent hardware should be able to these days.
    But why would someone multi box unless they had another reason such as selling the accounts or trading them etc, i mean why would someone want to have 7 shamans on different accounts? Farming you might think but £70+ a month for them accounts would be redicularse unless you were doing it for profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neostigma View Post
    But why would someone multi box unless they had another reason such as selling the accounts or trading them etc, i mean why would someone want to have 7 shamans on different accounts? Farming you might think but £70+ a month for them accounts would be redicularse unless you were doing it for profit.
    on my old server i knew some one who multiboxed just for pvp reasons. they enjoyed playing 5 shammys at once lol. (they've been playing these 5 accounts for 3 years now)

There's someone in a former guild of mine that has multi-boxed 5 shammys, for 3 years at least. I can see why this would be fun in battlegrounds. I imagine it's pretty easy to automate 4 of them to attack the same target while concentrating on the 5th one to heal the group. Not sure it would be enough fun for me to justify paying for 5 accounts though.

I haven't seen a multiboxer in a long time, maybe back during 3.1... And I've only seen 1 or 2 groups of them.

A question I have about multiboxers, though: Are these people getting 5 different accounts, or somehow opening one account on 5 different characters? Obviously one is a lot easier and a lot less rulebreaking than the other, but that's something that I've always wondered, if it's possible through some form, be it from a special program or a glitch, or both, if it's possible to log on to 2 characters at once.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    New expansion in the works which means all the multi-boxers are here to level as many toons as fast as they can so they can sell them. Happens every expansion.

For the very same Reason people go to raids, sit arround in Dala and whatever else, because they a) can do it and b) like to do it?

others maybe just cant be assed to put up with the stupidity found within the playerbase atm and do everything on their own?

Just becasue it dosent make sense to you dosent make it wrong. This game is a hobby to alot of people, people pumps tons of money into hobies for no reasons at all. not everyone of multiboxers is out to sell accounts or gold like you assume, they do it becasue its there hobby and its fun.

Alot of these folks get satisfaction of you clearing ICC bosses while controlling there entire 10 person raid from one setup, or going 1800+ in arenas on there own ect. everyone has a reason for doing a hobby that dosent always have to do with making money

Quote Originally Posted by MaraMash View Post
    I haven't seen a multiboxer in a long time, maybe back during 3.1... And I've only seen 1 or 2 groups of them.

A question I have about multiboxers, though: Are these people getting 5 different accounts, or somehow opening one account on 5 different characters? Obviously one is a lot easier and a lot less rulebreaking than the other, but that's something that I've always wondered, if it's possible through some form, be it from a special program or a glitch, or both, if it's possible to log on to 2 characters at once.
    They're using 5 accounts. It's not possible to log on to more than 1 character at a time; the game will kick you to the login screen.