Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    A good fire mage will kill you rather quickly and a bad one will basically fall over dead to any spec in the game. This is a good thing, Mages needed a spec that is rather well balanced and has a comparatively high skill cap for PvE.

QQ about frost mages like everyone else is entirely acceptable though

The only thing about fire that might be OP is the extreme AoE damage it can deal. Combustion+Pyoblastdot+Livingbombs+other aoe spam is just insane.

Deleted
    If you're talking about PvP, Fire and Arcane are both easy to beat...Arcane can be a bit of a problem, but not if you're a decent player.

Frost on the other hand? You better hope that the Mage you're against is blind or else you're fucked.

i really have a hard time grasping what goes on in the head of people like the OP.

he seems to not take into account that they were nerfed repeatedly, so much so that at 85, they were UP (while being OP at 80). so what does blizz do? revert the nerfs once you get passed 80 (81+)

yes thats right, fire mages UNDERPOWERED at 85, so they had to revert the nerfs.

but no, he doesnt take any of this into consideration, he looks at level 80, with talents balanced aroud level 85, massive stat changes and spell coefficient changes along with new spells. he just looks at level 80 in this state, and QQ's giving no thought.

either that or he literally posted trying to get attention...

Deleted
    Mmmm vague topic is vague... ok well as said before in PvP they are pretty squishy so not too much of a problem, and in PvE, well having a 'crazy' dps just makes things easier to kill for your group, which again is never bad, so not really sure what to say

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    either that or he literally posted trying to get attention...
    Never underestimate the power of ignorance and stupidity on the feeble minded.
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

ugh Ive given up complaining about op classes , ppl that play the class swear up and down that their not op , and they never get any nerf without putting another class in the same op spot; blizzard has the urge to mess with classes that do not have any issues until they screw them up, and spend an entire expansion trying to fix what they messed up.
    "lol uh oh , spelling correction, the sure sign someone is losing an argument "

No leave fire alone its our only decent spec

Quote Originally Posted by Cablecow View Post
    ugh Ive given up complaining about op classes , ppl that play the class swear up and down that their not op , and they never get any nerf without putting another class in the same op spot; blizzard has the urge to mess with classes that do not have any issues until they screw them up, and spend an entire expansion trying to fix what they messed up.
    on the same side of the coin often people will defend a spec and cry about it when it gets changed because in there mind it was fine, when it wasnt (not saying you in particular, but many people)

either way see my post, mages were UP at 85 with the dps nerfs they recieved at 80 (the ones that are currently in effect at 80 mind you).

Until fire mages start one button instant cast owning BGs or something similar in pve I don't think there is going to be complaints.

Fire Mages are pretty ridiculous right now. They have been at the top of every ICC fight in my guild and we have GREAT players from all classes.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bygrace57 View Post
    Fire Mages are absolutely crazy! Am I the only one who still notices this?
    Why QQ I out DPS every Fire Mage on 90% of boss fights as Arcane...if anything its the FM that should be QQ'n

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Why no ones whining about Fire? Because a arcane mage can do 15k dps with their monitors switched off and Frost mages win with Ice Lance and a few charges of FoF?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Why is noone QQing over Fire Mages?"

Because there is nothing to QQ about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go away you Warlock :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You let us have our fun exploding everything!

Deleted
    fire mage is perfect, if your good you do good, if ur bad u fail so bad, if your going to QQ - QQ about arcanes 40k hitting arcane blasts.

Wait till 85 when all 3 specs are a joke, hopefully things change between BETA 85 and LIVE 85.

Did any other class get a tree pretty much devoted to AOE in an expansion that, in Blizzard's own words, you won't be AOEing stuff down in?

Quote Originally Posted by glowyrm View Post
    Fire Mages are pretty ridiculous right now. They have been at the top of every ICC fight in my guild and we have GREAT players from all classes.
    No destro locks then?
    Last edited by DeiVias; 2010-11-20 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowyrm View Post
    Clearly you havn't seen an arcane mage since the patch, in full blue gear when i dinged on my arcane mage i was hitting 6k dps single target through SPAMMING arcane blasts. Hes now fully sanctified tier10, doing 16k DPS through spamming arcane blast, which hits for around 35-40k crits, and it takes a good 5-6 minutes before i oom.

Why is noone QQing over Fury warriors?
    Because noone cares.
    And because everyone hates Tanks and likes to see us fail at tanking.
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies